WSJ Magazine April 2020 : Binx Walton by Gregory Harris

Oh this is nice

Don't like the plaids but everything else is spot on! Stunning cover image.

Wow. The editorial is simple, yet STUNNING. The best she's looked in ages! If only the plaids were her natural long hair or some beach-y look a la Gisele - would have been perfect, but already very beautiful.

She's never been a looker to me. The face looks especially derpy on the cover. They should've used that last photo with the purple top for the cover.

Good but i prefer the I-D editorial with Anok and the other girls. Felt more vibrant, more joyful.

And yet she manages to make it look like a chore.

I'd do anything to be on the beach right now. *sigh*

LOL

She has the same expression in every single shoot since the start of her career and if you can’t accept this then she’ll never work for you. Fortunately here, it’s the photography that lifts her and this story. This is why a skilled photographer with a directional vision will always make up for mediocre models and weak styling. And Gregory absolutely makes up for both with his strong compositions and creating a mood and tone that’s pure coolness and sunkissed warmth. It’s a gorgeous, effortless dream to be swept away in and perfect for these dire days.

Thanks Zorka!

Lovely cover (really strong actually, and the lighting is on point) and editorial here. Greg Harris may not be the most individual of lensmen, but he can produce really strong, polished imagery and is far above the level of his peers from the 10s. Fabien and Karl nurtured him really well over the past decade.

Can't say I've ever been a fan of Elin's styling though. Although it's pretty good here, the last shot in the Tom Ford illustrates my opinion of her work perfectly; totally bizarre choice of outfit for the beach - very try hard!

Lachlan and Felice's editorial very nice as well. Lounging with the spring sunshine breaking through the window, now that's the one simple luxury we can all look to in these times.

Thanks Zorka :flower:

Is it just me or can you see the reflectors in the reflection of the Tom Ford top? Shameful. It‘s not that complicated to edit out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->