WSJ Magazine April 2020 : Binx Walton by Gregory Harris

She's SOOOOO beautiful, I honestly think she can rest on it and it still works, stunning imagery all around.
Second this. I don't care for models and when people talk about range it's always a bit amusing.. modeling itself does not really allow for that, it's not acting, but, especially on the runway, some models just bring a special charm to the clothes and Binx is one of them. I actually have the impression that she might be unpleasant or loud in real life lol, but she's so pretty and has a calm to her [in her job] that I much prefer over the intensity/fashion-y/zoolander-esque thing that's more associated with being a 'good' model.

So yeah cover works for me... then you see the story and it's... Hawaii, I guess.

That Lachlan Bailey story looks like a test shoot from Camilla Akrans in like 2007. It feels soulless. But then, I'm not even a photographer and have never been published in WSJ, so who am I to judge Lachlan's work, right? it's not trying to be ethereal enough to sell me clothes or anything. :lol:

^^^ She doesn’t need o be like Anna Cleveland doing her most desperate OTT drag act. It’s not I’m-so-bored-I-want-to-get-it-over-with or all-out lip-sync-for-your-life style of modelling LOL Some effort on her part would be appreciated but then again— why bother when just starring contemptuously at the camera has made her bank all these years???? I get her appeal since it’s the same reason I find Lineisy one of the most gorgeous face of her generation— and like Binx, she just shows up and stands there. Binx’s no doubt a gorgeous woman and frankly, I’d take her anytime, anyday, anywhere to the likes of Kendall’s vacant stare or the uncomfortably stiff face of Bella (who looks painful even when smiling). Is it too much to ask for the effortless, expressive warmth and smoulder of the likes of Christy, Abbey Lee, Guinevere, Edita, Yasmine and Yasmeen all of whom have never gone Zoolander and still exude allure.

What Binx seemed to have benefited from many times, is she’s lucky to be shot by people who know how to surround her with strong and gorgeous compositions. She’s essentially the ideal mannequin with her long, sharp lean lines and unreal bone structure against stunning landscapes.

^ yes to that second paragraph, though I'm not that familiar with her print work, she mostly stands out to me on the runway.

I'm not sure who Anna Cleveland is (and I know you're talking about someone from the 90s with Yasmin but is it Yasmeen? and if yes, then who is Yasmin? lol), I was thinking more on the likes of Rianne Van Rompaey, Natasha Poly, that sort of intense allure molded exclusively by and for fashion photography. It also seems to me that versatility and expressiveness in this specific job (modeling) is subjective, often tied to what we find beautiful and judged the way we're used to judge and manage attraction, if you're attracted to a face, you'll see a bigger range, if you aren't, mostly likely you will see a limited number or nothing at all (e.g. Abbey Lee- I understand that combination of features was bound to succeed but if she has ever tried to express something through her modeling... I've missed it).

^^^ LOL Abbey’s reptilian features are understandably a tad hard to appreciate. But that, along with her geeky vibe despite what I find absolutely stunning looks, works well for her. Geeky beauty— in women like Guinevere and Kristen (and in Kate when she first started) and men is such a charming attribute.

Yasmin Le Bon and Yasmeen Ghauri have remained two of my favs. They never tried so hard and still give an aura of cool and warmth (unlike Anna Cleveland, Pat’s daughter.). I guess that’s what people see in Binx.

Never been a one for Binx Walton either but do find both the cover and accompanying story rather beautiful. The cover shot itself is divine, love the lighting, the colours and warmth it gives. I’ve also been a sucker for that Saint Laurent neckline this season, so yeah... SOLD! :heart:

Reminds me of an old issue of Vogue Australia... that's a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->