WSJ Magazine October 2019

Although you can barely see her, which is rather odd for a celebrity cover, it's much more beautiful than that atrocious Bazaar cover. It's almost haunting and Demi looks absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see more

Gorgeous, i can't help but STILL love Demi. She truyl is an icon, and deserves so much better roles these days! Excited to read her memoir!

The image does her justice, should've been her book cover to be honest. Still think Cass is a notch above Collier Schorr, but this looks passable.

Harper's Bazaar could neeeeeeeeeeeeeever.

But still being a little bit meh.

This is so much better than that HB disaster. Perfect WSJ cover.

I’m so sick of this era’s forced “rawness” as some reaction to the carefully and thoughtfully hard-worked refinement of fashion photography of former times.

Ten years ago, this would have been a rejected frame— and rightfully so. There’s just too much strands of hair that makes it look like she’s run into Shelob's webs and about to have her face devoured. No doubt there’s something beautiful here: The backlit hair is stunningly beautiful. Would have been supremely gorgeous if her face wasn’t so obscured by so much flyaway strands that’s giving her a Samara vibe.

She looks like the hair you pull out of the shower drain.

It's eye catching and cinematic. I like it.

Naomi Campbell by Annemarieke van Drimmelen:

Gorgeous shot and cover!

Alex White rarely disappoints! Maybe one of Naomi’s best ed this year.

Naomi's cover is really something...I'm almost transported back to her work in the vein of her 1998 US Vogue editorial with Ellen Von Unwerth here (for some reason).

I really like Van Drimmelen, and the editorial has some lovely shots but I sort of feel like there appears to be a disconnect between the images as a story? It seems fewer and fewer editors are willing to properly sequence editorial images together to create a streamlined narrative these days, or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->