WSJ. Magazine October 2022 : Paloma Elsesser by Angelo Pennetta

The cover is nice it has retro Sade vibes but the editorial is a little monotonous.

I want to like Paloma but most of her recent work is underwhelming, to say the least. Don’t really care for any of this. For me, the gold standard for her is her January American Vogue cover from a couple of years ago.

She looks great but yeah the story is a bit one note.

Look like this is the coverstory/issue that WSJ simply didn’t give a fcuk for professional creative standards, and just let their intern try out his new iPhone 14 PM’s night mode. Paloma is Paloma and she does what she does best: Just stand there. Nothing is elevated even a touch: Pedestrian styling; pedestrian makeup/hair; not even the remotest semblance to a story. Just a generic Insta gallery of some woman… standing around.

Her modeling is so one note. I feel like I just took a Xanax looking at the editorial.

This is why models were once expected to be out-of-this-world beauties. So they could elevate even the most pedestrian fashion. What do you get when you put Paloma in subpar clothes tho?

Precius Lee is the one that always delivers. Drives me crazy that Paloma is at the same level as Hailey and pre 25 years old Kendall. I don't want to be rude, but I don't understand why she's a fashion model. Being just pretty isn't the only skill to be one, is more than that. If this was ANTM, she would have gone time ago.

I like what Paloma represents as a fashion model, I just wish she wasn't so inconsistent when delivering print work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->