Yelena Yemchuk - Photographer

very interesting, thanks for bringing this in.
i have changed this into a yelena yemchuk thread, though, since it's the photographer's section...
maybe you could post some pictures?
i've been interested in her work since stilista mentioned it somewhere else ...

here are some pictures from http://yemchuk.free.fr/

more from that site, for vogue nippon and a story called electric blue:

courtney love by yemchuk:
from www.artnet.com
robinson7-19-11.jpg

i like these as well. i wouldn't have recognized courtney though...:huh:

Hadn't heard of her, but I love what I see. From the site... it seems her work within the music industry has allowed us this photo of my well-liked Rasputina:

:heart:

she did a video for "thrity-three" by the smashing pumpkins back in the 90's. it's a beautiful video composed of still shots shot in succession. its very beautiful. she also did the "zero" video i believe.

jun3machina, i can tell you love the Pumpkins:heart: from your name! Like my aviator?:wink:

Yalena also did the art work for Billy Corgans Poetry book, Blinking with Fists...that painting along with other paintings were put into her exhibit in New York late last year.

a0009263_22271348.jpg

I wonder if they are still dating...? Yeah the video for Zero was done by her along with 33. I like her vision translated into stills more than moving images (as beautiful as they are).

thanks anna and jennifer for posting..i think i have a new favorite photographer!

:heart:

OH yeah. She is also IN the Smashing Pumpkins Video "Stand Inside Your Love". It's one of THE most beautiful moving images ever. You should check it out. I want to say Olivier Theyskens did the costumes for it even.

Stand Inside Your love was a beautiful video..and she was pretty in it too...

I think Zero was her first video..moving images is more new to her than photography.

Yelena and Billy are not together now after 9 yrs but are still "good friends"..

Mutterlein said:
OH yeah. She is also IN the Smashing Pumpkins Video "Stand Inside Your Love". It's one of THE most beautiful moving images ever. You should check it out. I want to say Olivier Theyskens did the costumes for it even.
Melissa auf der Maur played bass for the Pumpkins, Melissa loves Theyskens' designs almost as much as I do... These things I recall, and while I don't know whether Melissa was a member at the time of that recording... I do know that Six Degrees of Seperation just increased its odds. :lol: Either way, sounds like a winner...

jennifer~ said:
Melissa auf der Maur played bass for the Pumpkins, Melissa loves Theyskens' designs almost as much as I do... These things I recall, and while I don't know whether Melissa was a member at the time of that recording... I do know that Six Degrees of Seperation just increased its odds. :lol: Either way, sounds like a winner...

She wasn't. She was essentially just touring guitarist after D'Arcy left. If you look at the video for The Everlasting Gaze you'll also find the band to be decked out in really good designer clothes. It looks belgian (maybe Anne Demuelmeester?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->