Yohji Yamamoto F/W 04.05

LOVE it , nqth , :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

If I were a woman I'd wear these clothes !!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Yours KIT :innocent:

:woot: Couture week begins! :heart:

Hmmm.. I have only seen 15 looks from the collection and I can say I'm lickin' it already. ^_^ I like the form and detail of the clothes that opened the show. It shows Yohji's couture and romantic side. Then the black pieces, which I thought were classic Yohji but more evolved. The cutting and silhouette was more precise, fierece and boundary pushing mixed with his new found love of sport. :heart: The jewelry, I thought, was cool. :wink:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :flower:

It's good to see Yamamoto with clearer cut but still with a tender touch of his drapping hands and "new" :-) attention for the pattern.

Thanks for cheerful words and it's cool that you like it too :-)

:woot: prints, hmm thats refreshing, even though the third picture seems far too much like the prints CDG showed for ss04 :innocent:

thanks for posting this for us nqth :flower:

Hasn't he done a similar pattern before?

Looks brilliant! I love his usual draping and cutting of the jacket.

HC is going on the same week as Men's P-A-P?

i do like the prints, but the black was more outstanding to me ( ??? ) i agree on the cdg ss04 comment...

the hanging chains i love :woot:

Astonishing, beatiful Yhoji collection, even though yhoji copied teh CDg prints he still made them is own, actually I think these prints are a emerging trend in the avant garde, i have always loved this kidn fo print:P :heart:

actually a very adrogenes, unizex collection for yhoji than his mroe recent collections. :heart:

well, those prints were also at the Balenciaga ss04 collection :innocent:

some of my faves from Yohji

00220f.jpg

00270f.jpg

00370f.jpg

more

:heart:
00460f.jpg

love the way he's matching this with those shoes

:heart:
00450f.jpg

00030f.jpg

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T! :woot: :heart: I saw the whole collection at Style and can I say this is wonderful. First of all, I don't think he copied anyones print (I think it came natural to him, they are not even similar). Then the pieces that followed. :o As I said earlier classic Yamamoto but more evolved.

The best of the collection I've seen out of couture week (and considering he's a RTW designer). :heart:

I also see a subliminal message with Yohji presenting in couture week. He's ahead of the pack in showing his collection (the rest are in March) but also he's ahead of everyone else in design. And showing during couture but not part of HC and showing couture like clothes shows he's definetly following his own direction.

Rating: 9.4 (Out of 10); Amazing.

Yohji is a trend setter on early presentation of fw collections (shows)
and he's not alone in doing so..
Ann Valery Hash and more are joining him, its the new trend and it is working.
During Paris FW, there are simply too many shows too little time, collections get
'buried' in an abudance of shows and presentations. Haute Couture week is more calm, people can actually concentrate better and give attention to pap collections.
Plus it's the preview of the winter shows, its perfect. :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 20th, 2004 - 12:01 am
well, those prints were also at the Balenciaga ss04 collection :innocent:
and Bernhard and Walter

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 20th, 2004 - 9:34 am
Yohji is a trend setter on early presentation of fw collections (shows)
and he's not alone in doing so..
Ann Valery Hash and more are joining him, its the new trend and it is working.
During Paris FW, there are simply too many shows too little time, collections get
'buried' in an abudance of shows and presentations. Haute Couture week is more calm, people can actually concentrate better and give attention to pap collections.
Plus it's the preview of the winter shows, its perfect. :heart:
Yes I know but I was trying to say something like Yohji showing during couture week was a metaphor for showing he's definetly ahead of the pack and following his own direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->