Your Best & Worst Magazine Covers of 2022

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought as we head toward the end of 2022, it may be fun for us to pick out the best and worst magazine covers of the year!

We've encountered quite a few disastrous magazine covers over the past twelve months but looking back, the one cover which seems to have knocked them ALL out of the park (for me) was British Vogue's June offering with Gisele Bundchen by Steven Meisel:

VOGUE.CO.UK

This cover gave me everything I could possibly ask for from a fashion magazine - and more! Glamour, style, sex-appeal and did I mention glamour? Oh so fabulous, as I feel as though I will be forever indebted to Edward Enninful for bestowing up me such a cover.

What's been some of your best and worst covers of the year?

Every year, I have a tradition to make a Twitter thread about my fave covers of the year (in no particular order:(

If I have to chose one, definitely the suscriber’s cover of Vogue CS with Lara Stone.

Here are my favorite covers this year:
GridArt_20221211_050224195_copy_1280x1280_copy_1024x1024.jpg

Asian editions are thriving this year. Linda's cover could have been better (especially when I look back at her editorial), but I need to put it here because it was a legendary moment in fashion.

Now for the worst... I have a lot of covers to consider. Some of this year's October covers were questionable. Vogue USA's kerning mishaps ruined Hoyeon Jung's debut for their magazine. Dua Lipa and Jennifer Lawrence gave us the most unsatisfying covers, too. The Queen's tribute looked like a Cadbury package. The whitewashing of Kelly Gale. Some Vogue CS's edgy covers were also terrible.

This is a vast improvement from 2020, though, I must say.

I can already hear the hate from here but Vogue did Linda Evangelista dirty, this cover was the WORST of 2022. She looks like Boy George is a plastic raincoat. And the editorial with the pink hat and full-body fuzzy-blanket cover was even worse. There had to have been a better way to do this.

tumblr_8f787e76210be6fdff8f5aab4863179b_b85f6259_640.jpg

So disppointed with this year, and mostly this couple of months that didn't add anything good to elevate this time. I open every December and January and makes me feel so unhappy about fashion magazines now.

The best covers this year were the model comebacks from British Vogue, and Gisele was the greatest among the group. Also liked some Vogue Polska, Portugal and CZ editions that keep distance from Wintour global madness. The worst issue is one I bought with Salma and her daughter. I was robbed with that one, extremely ugly cover and editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->