Your City's Style?

skinny jeans, Boho and d&g undershirts, if you are cool, you are wearing two of them at the same time. the undershirts that is... :innocent:

:yuk:

very laid back

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria: High school girls cannot dress at all...Still the mini skirt with Uggs thing. Or sweatpants with tight tops. Actually my school is considered better than the rest haha...Even though it's still overrun by the Boho girls.

Woman are very laid back... Not a lot of ppl dressing up, but when you go downtown you see all the emo kids. Occasionally the Goth.

I live in the houston area. And the part I live in has a bit of everybody. so nobody is "different" because there is at least 100 of everybody dressin the same....at least. And thats just the school I went to ,which was huge. But everything is pretty equal, and we all got along great.

Tinetush said:
skinny jeans, Boho and d&g undershirts, if you are cool, you are wearing two of them at the same time. the undershirts that is... :innocent:

:yuk:

very laid back
Same thing here. But too many jeans, too much H&M and Vero Moda. Ick!

People dress very alike in my town. You don't see that much originality or surprising outfits. I think it's because there aren't that many different shops and those w. interesting clothes are very snobbish (well, isn't that great :rolleyes: ). We got an terrible H&M, also, it's so incredible crappy.

D&G underwear is also kind of a hit here. And Diesel jeans. I think young people here (in general) dress very sporty and decent w. brand new clothing, where verything fits together very well, a bit boring imho.

idapompida said:
People dress very alike in my town. You don't see that much originality or surprising outfits. I think it's because there aren't that many different shops and those w. interesting clothes are very snobbish (well, isn't that great :rolleyes: ). We got an terrible H&M, also, it's so incredible crappy.

D&G underwear is also kind of a hit here. And Diesel jeans. I think young people here (in general) dress very sporty and decent w. brand new clothing, where verything fits together very well, a bit boring imho.
Do we all live in the same town?
They dress too safe. They're like an ocean of Vero Moda, H&M and Diesel-wearing blonde girls w. too much fake tan. I can't tell who is who at school.

Ey, how could I possibly forget. So many girls in my town are wearing those bubble jackets/mini parka coats w. fake fur on the hat. Those jackets make people look like the Michelin man, they're oh so ugly.

where i live people wear the average paint splattered, torn up surfie brand clothes, ugg boots are the height of style, and the more logos you wear the better...lol go country towns...

Seattle, WA:

Fleece, Gore-tex, and jeans
Ratty, pilly sweaters
Birkenstocks with woolly grey socks
No makeup
No haircolor. Brushing optional.

I saw a middle-aged couple dressed like this at THE OPERA. In the most expensive seats, no less, so it's not as if they couldn't afford to dress decently. It's a fashion wasteland here :lol:

burlington, ontario, canada...

i can honestly say only about 5 people dress well at my school, 2 guys and 3 girls. me being one of those guys. we wear uniforms but the days we get to wear clothes people always look soooo bad. everyone else is in brands like parasuco, T5S, and crap like that. burlington's the 2nd richest city in canada, so we all have money, but ive learned that money cant really buy style lol. my friends and i are always in vintage, tsubi, h&m, and sometimes in designers like dior and dolce gabbana.

- raph

Attachments

• truly jew.jpg
    truly jew.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 13
  • us at coldplay.jpg
    us at coldplay.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 12
  • lora who.jpg
    lora who.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 12
  • f*ckin good.jpg
    f*ckin good.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 10
raphy said:
burlington, ontario, canada...

i can honestly say only about 5 people dress well at my school, 2 guys and 3 girls. me being one of those guys. we wear uniforms but the days we get to wear clothes people always look soooo bad. everyone else is in brands like parasuco, T5S, and crap like that. burlington's the 2nd richest city in canada, so we all have money, but ive learned that money cant really buy style lol. my friends and i are always in vintage, tsubi, h&m, and sometimes in designers like dior and dolce gabbana.

- raph

Parasuco needs to die. Honestly :doh:

Here
Girls: either cheap/trashy style (jeans 2 sizes too small so that they create absolutely flattering lovehandles :sick:, most of the time Parasucos:sick:), "punk"/skater for the most part. or like, cheap clothes that come from Jacob Connexion/Le Garage/Dynamite. Everyone dresses the same, guh.

Guys: skater or rapper... or like a shirt and jeans (that look cheap)

It's awful, in my school there are only 2-3 people who I can talk designers and fashion with. :doh:

ewww soo many wannabe emos at my school too, like i got my vans ages ago and all of a sudden they were in. i HATE it, they're all in like band tees, its soooo gay.

Liverpool is orange tan, blonde extentions, bright colours. A lot of waistcoats and tweeds and black and whites and skinny jeans atm, as wellas lots of metallics. Lots of kind of beads and layers and flat boots. cut off tights and converses. There is too many trends to list but these are the ones i imeadiatly think of.

Riverside, CA
most people in this town dress blah..
girls: platform thongs/flipflops, lucky jeans, gaucho pants, AF/Hollister/A|X tees, gold flipflops or those indian style flats, gold bags, gold belts, gold hoops, gold gold gold. and silver too, long bead necklaces, big glasses,...I've seen layering of tanks which is nice..but still seen alittle too often.

guys: brown thongs/flipflops, polos (haven't seen the majority of them popped), faux hawks, big glasses.

There's a nice handful of people who have great style and there's an even larger handful of people who wear pajama bottoms or sweats. Or the basic tee n flipflips (playin it safe).

We also have OTT girls who have on tooooo much make up (even at the gym) and too many accessories. But meh..I digress. It's a college area.

Outside the college area..everyone looks like crap.
I wanna go hang out in Westwood...atleast most of the people there care about how they look. People around here make me feel like I'M OTT and I'm not.

the bay area there is realy no set style, here's as many gangsters as there are hipsters as there are as many fashionables and non-fashionables. depending on what part you are in is where you find the niches, just like everywhere else.

susie_bubble said:
Hard to look original in a sea of Londoners all vying to be the most stylish one of all!

True. True. At least they keep us on our toes eh Susie :smile: I posted this collage in the "post a picture that describes your style" thread... I like to think it is very London indeed and it is my ideal that I aim for (not on all days though -that would require too much energy... oh and money!)

Attachments

• Me.JPG
    Me.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"