Your City's Style?

here and here, kind of boring imo. these pictures are quite old too, from september/october.

brokenenglish said:
Where I live almost all the girls look so cheap. Who are these 12 y.o.'s parents? And why do they let them leave the house like that?:angry:

For the most part it's a very lame and super trendy suburb of Boston. I don't see too many people that catch my eye, and if someone does it's usually someone alot older than me.

Just curious what suburb, I am from Newton. :D

I live in Chicago, and people dress horribly boring. Either skanky cheap crap thats a knockoff of what was popular last year, or abercrombie. And the ones that try to be hip just look blah. I hate it. And women hardly wear any makeup here, everyone goes au naturel, and really shouldnt...:innocent:

I live close to Telluride,so the people there are mostly tourists walking around in ski boots and parkas.

dreamboatannie said:
I live in Chicago, and people dress horribly boring. Either skanky cheap crap thats a knockoff of what was popular last year, or abercrombie. And the ones that try to be hip just look blah. I hate it. And women hardly wear any makeup here, everyone goes au naturel, and really shouldnt...:innocent:

Exactly. Especially if you go to high schools. At least in mine everyone seems to be a copy of each other. Of course there are those girls that like try really hard to dress nice, but they end up combining all the trends and that just doesn't look right. The bussiness women and just older women in general are pretty boring too; they stick to the traditional bussiness suits. There are, of course, exceptions. This is only from what I see as I'm on the L and in school.

Cosette said:
Okay, I completely disagree.
I live in Winnipeg, and sure I guess a LOT of people do look rather dull and conservative, but it all depends where you hang out. I've been to shows, and have been to certain cafes, where I see nothing but very stylish, uniquely dressed people.

I'm from Winnipeg as well and I find that the fashion scene lacks creativity, but then again I'm mostly basing this on my high school.

jue said:
here and here, kind of boring imo. these pictures are quite old too, from september/october.

now that's mad, i am there. not that i'll tell you which one asthe outfit pretty much sucks

and boring.. agreed.

In finland when itcomes to teens, I must mention palestinian(sp?) scarfes. So much kids wearing them.

^^
yea i have one :smile:
i wear it a lot with my black leather jacket even though i am not palestinian lol.

Oh well

Argentina has a terrible fashion scene
Most of the people dress in a really cheap way, with reaaally tight jeans and tight tank tops with inscriptions like "i'm sexy".

Then there are what we call "chetos", the trendy people with lots of money, who (mostly) dress all the same, the same jeans from Rapsodia or Levis, Converse black sneakers and whatever's trendy at the moment on top. (most of the time, all the clothes match.. eg: pink top, pink handbag, pink shoes, pink belt) At the moment these people are experimenting a little more and wering clothes from Ay Not Dead, which look very rock-like.. but one again, they all copy each other! No individuality.

And then there are the boring people with suits.. and some exceptions who dress really well, according to what THEY like and what really suits them, not just what is trendy.

Last edited by a moderator:
^i tried to find the Ay not dead shop when vacationing in argentina but never found it.. (saw an ad for it and thought it looked cool) :( I must say there was incredibly much leopard print walking around in buenos aires!

where i live everyone relies on wearing a tan "leather" handbag and tan "leather" boots (which I normally like..but everyone has it, so it's getting very boring.

ay not dead is cool... but people just buy the same tee and they are all in a kind of ay not dead uniform!

ok, first post for me...

here where I work/study the average style is llbean catalog for adults.
No, seriously. It wasn't a joke.

To go out, you get either the wannabe cool/trendy/hip that ends up being overdressed, or the I-could't-care-less type that wears sloppy jeans and xxl hoodie. Sometimes I see some very stylish and/or unique looks, and I feel like a stalker b/c I keep looking at the girl since it's so unusual.
I am not even gonna start with guys... the teens go for abercrombie/pacsun look, college guys t-shirt&kakis/jeans, nothig special.

Best part: people think I am stilish b/c I am from Italy (Rome). But I think the only thing I do different is just try to think 10 minutes in the morning about what to wear! sad...

*sigh* PN, New Zealand, wannabe LA street style. If you live in Australia, you'll know the bane of Supre, the shop opened here early-mid this year and it's taken over the city. All the teenies/trend followers have a hot pink Supre bag on their shoulder.

Sometimes I see some very stylish and/or unique looks, and I feel like a stalker b/c I keep looking at the girl since it's so unusual.

ciccia, ha I do the same :lol: epsecially the asian international students.

lizloveslife said:
I'm from Winnipeg as well and I find that the fashion scene lacks creativity, but then again I'm mostly basing this on my high school.

If I based it purely on the high school experience, allow for maybe like five exceptions, then I agree 100%.

Manila

Filipinos are now letting their creative fashion side free. It's a great place to be for fresh new talent and great styles :smile:

Here, a friend and i are both wearing vintage . it's amazing because in manila we get vintage clothes dirt cheap since most Filipinos arent up to wearing second hands. my black dress, for example, costs 25 pesos or 0.50$. amazing, i know

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
PDX-westcoast

PDX- alterna-hipsters, outdated punkers.
The skaters and artists keep it real here, every musician runs vintage gear.:heart:

Attachments

• familyshoes.jpg
    familyshoes.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
i actually have two of those palestinian scarves that indie mentioned.

as it comes to vaasa, mainly people look like dolls in h&m. there are some fine personalities in here of course, but they are rare. mainstream, thats the keyword. teenagers are worst with thei belly button shirts and too tight jeans

k I live in toronto and this is what I see

Teenagers: fall into catagories. If your in an alternative highschool or arts school you will be either a) hippie/boho b)punk c) 'alternative' (which isnt really alternative anymore at all. If you go to a public school you will be either a) american eagle fanatic (gap american eagle, triple5soul, etc) b)alternative again c)punk again d)gangsta sort of rapper wanabe style e)jewish american princess wanabe style

at my school I find it to be better than others but still its teenagers so on average no everyone has creativity.

boys:
abercrombie
skater type shoes (i actually dont mind some on guys)
birks
polo shirts
khakis and jeans
(basically they are all typical abercrombie looking athletes.)

girls:
shoes (uggs, those new raton boots http://www.frivolous.ca/accessories/raton.shtml, mukluks, moccasins, and birkenstock clogs)
clothing: sweats are big (juicy, primp, oo like their clubs sweats, and roots) jeans always (sevens, rock and republic, frankie b, juicy, abercrombie, fidelity, etc) I guess my school is very chalet inspired. Loads of winter sport influence warm boots over jeans or sweats (but people like the high end brands) burberry scarves, coats with fur around hood that go to knees or waist, long coats or pea coats. long thermal tops like the wafle material and thin tees. antyhing (good or bad) from aritzia, over the rainbow, holt renfrew, or tntblu. lots of tiffanys jewlery and chanel earrings

hair and makeup are minimal for these girls. Straight hair in loose ponys or buns, or with clips. burberry (fake and real) headbands. lots of messy but welldone hair and every girl seems to have a salon they go to a lot.

for me i add more tsubi, sass and bide, bettina liano, and vintage for everyday. I dont care too much for school and its pretty relaxed dressing.

I find Toronto much better than some cities in Canada but it still is quite boring especially for teenagers.

Jade/// said:
k I live in toronto and this is what I see

I find Toronto much better than some cities in Canada but it still is quite boring especially for teenagers.
I really envy you, I lovelovelove your city!:heart::heart::heart:

Anyway, last time I was there (end of april) I saw a lot of people dredded pretty cool walking around in Queen st west and in Kensington market. I didn't like all of the the looks I saw, but lots of them were pretty original and interesting.

Oh, I really need to come back and do some shopping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->