Your favorites of the season: Fall 2005

Reaction score
Post your favorites for next fall, attempting to limit to your five top collections.

Best of the best:
1. Junya Watanabe
00170f.jpg

2. Balenciaga
00130f.jpg

3. Rochas
00180f.jpg

4. John Galliano
00350f.jpg

5. Comme des Garcons
00260f.jpg

Honorable mentions: Prada, Marc Jacobs, Yves Saint Laurent, Ann Demeulemeester, Yohji Yamamoto, Calvin Klein, Veronique Branquihno, Haider Ackermann, Bruno Pieters, Jonathan Saunders

I'm blind: Fendi, Sweetface, Gareth Pugh

I'm bored: Christian Dior, Versace, As Four, Rick Owens, Imitation of Christ, Viktor & Rolf, Jeremy Scott, Patrik Rzepski

from the top of my head and in no order (i am tired)
watanabe for sure,
comme des garcons
undercover
akira
rick owens

and i like your list as well metal ^_^

I'm still waiting for Margiela, Cosmic Wonder, and Fabrics Interseason. Does anyone have word on those?

Top 5:

1.Christian Dior
Diorbeadedgoldmeshedvelvetjacketandcreamcrocodilepants.bmp

2.John Galliano
JohnGalliano.bmp

3.Rochas
Rochas.bmp

4.Balenciaga
Balenciaga.bmp

5.Miu Miu
MiuMiu.bmp

Also liked: Versace, Alexander Mcqueen:ninja: , Prada, Lanvin, Roland Mouret, Christian Lacroix

Worst: Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Sweetface

Undecided: Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Bruno Pieters
00300f.jpg

2. Ann Demeulemeester
00030f.jpg

3. Comme Des Garcons
00190f.jpg

4. Junya Watanabe
00150f.jpg

5. Aquascutum
00500f.jpg

honorable mention: Karen Walker, Yohji Yamamoto, Bernhard Willhelm, Jean Paul Gaultier, Rochas, Gaspard Yurkievitch, Prada & Tess Giberson.

* it's definitely based on the collections i thought were the most beautiful and not the ones i'd wear:smile:

1 yohji yamamoto
2 undercover (i could switch the two-i love the felt explorations and theme of this, but i would probably want yohji's coats the most!)
3 comme des garcons
4 junya watanabe
5 giles (those hats are to die for)
00040f.jpg

*overall impact not wearability
honorable mentions(in order) rochas, westwood, miyake, aquascutum, chalayan (sorry balenciaga!)

*11. for some reason ysl collection inspired me to do several hours of reading up on the label and stefano p. this afternoon-i think provocative!

1. Comme Des Garcons
2. Junya Watanabe
3. Marc Le Bihan (always love his stuff)
4. Issey Miyake
5. Ann Demeulemeester

Yamamoto was not as good as usual.

1. Rochas
00030t.jpg

2. Dior
00490t.jpg

3. Galliano
00460t.jpg

4. Balenciaga
00320t.jpg

5. Roland Mouret/Viktor Rolf
00010t.jpg
00030t.jpg

Honorable mention: Junya Watanabe, Ann Demeulemeester, Giles, Lanvin, Chanel, Comme des Garson, Calvin Klein, Chalayan, YSL

Favorites
John Galliano
00360f.jpg

Prada
00080f.jpg

Calvin Klein
00010f.jpg

Roland Mouret/Gucci
00260f.jpg
00010f.jpg

Balenciaga
00300f.jpg

Honorable Mentions
Narciso Rodriguez, Lanvin, Dior, Rochas

Hated
Fendi and as much as I want to like it, YSL.

Disappointment
Alexander McQueen, it absolutely kills me to put him in this category because he is brilliant, but this collection, though good by general standards, is not good for McQueen.

I must say there were so many GOOD collections. Fashion is finally coming back: :heart:

1. John Galliano (especially after watching the show)
00130f.jpg

2. Christian Dior
00470f.jpg

3. Rochas (It was so beautiful! It was unreal. Kind of had the same affect as Gucci F/W 2003 on me meaning that this collection really moved me)
00410f.jpg

4. Versace (It was better than previous seasons for sure)
00060f.jpg

5. Alexander McQueen (I was a little disappointed, but the collection was good for the most part)

salvatore, how did you watch the galliano show? thanks!

The Best:

1. Rochas - the stand-out
00420f.jpg

2. Roland Mouret
00070f.jpg

3. Alexander McQueen
00070f.jpg

4. Viktor & Rolf
00420f.jpg

5. Lanvin
00370f.jpg

Honorable Mention: Louis Vuitton
00110f.jpg

Overall, a pretty good season, like SS05.

Hated: Chanel, Fendi, Donna Karan.

Here's mine...

Rochas
Roland Mouret
Balenciaga
Sofia Kokosalaki
Akris

-john galliano: he is always amazing but most of the times i prefer what he does at dior, this time it was the other way round

-versace: since the second i saw elise´s blush coat and darias´s paillettes dress i feel in love!!!

-gianfranco ferre: i love all the details, the embroideries, the mixture of fabrics and the skirts from the end (specially eugenia´s) although the russian trend did not became a huge one this time, and stayed mostly at milan, it always seems to be in the air, specially in winter time (oscar de la renta, galliano, this time gucci, just cavalli...)

-Dior: i did not said i disliked it :smile:, the "from catwalk to real life" new focus was a bit less speciall than his very personal points of view, but i had to admit there where amazing silhouettes, great colors, beautifull fabrics and details, i think i will end up loving it all!!!.

-balenciaga: i´m not a huge fan (i think it is because he shows so little it doesn´t capture my attention as strongly as galliano for example) but i loved the structured coats with fur details (specially stella´s and julia´s) and although it isn´t relevant for fall 05 i think kylie minogue shout have tattooed that blue dress from slow because i have never seen her looking greater...

i also liked:
jean paul gaultier (glorious sequin leggins, jackets and hairdos), valentino (after forty five years he still entertains, changes and has a point of view, love the silhouettes, details but i didn´t like all those male models arround), fendi (fantastic colors, i feel in love of natasa´s coat but i didn´t like the accesories)

what was going on at:
roberto cavalli: what the hell was he thinking when he designed those feline sequin dresses for the final parade, by far the cheapest i have seen since his entire fall 03 show (although he always struggles to be the king of that category, ohh!!!!, that explains all that crowns at the end of his runway)

dissapointed:

not really dissapointed by anyone, but i was hopping to watch a great show courtesy of mcqueen and instead we got a normal presentation (because as far as i know nobody fell no?, just jocking :smile:)

I'll have to post favorite looks later but my list as follows:

NY-
Rachel Comey
Boudicca

London-
Preen
Emma Cook
Ann-Sofie Back

Paris-
Bruno Pieters
Undercover
Bless
Gaspard Yurkievich
Haider Ackermann
Lutz
Ann Demeulemeester
CDG

Biggest dissapointment: Tess Giberson. :cry:

No word yet on CW,MMM or Fabrics yet Metal.

I see everyone's posting from the women's collections, but as I'm more into menswear...

1. Burberry Prorsum - no competition :clap:

00140m.jpg

2. Miu Miu

00040m.jpg

3. Costume National

00040m.jpg

4. Prada

00140m.jpg

5. Cloak

00130m.jpg

I couldn't decide which to put on top, but then I made my decision and here it is (prob will change from time to time)

1. Christian Dior

00460f.jpg

2. John Galliano

00450f.jpg

3. Alexander McQueen

00450f.jpg

4. Antonia Marras

marras10.jpg

5. Alice Temperley

00250f.jpg

Honorable mentions: Junya Watanabe and Comme Des Garcons were really close to being in my top 5 as well, I loved them both. Also Viktor and Rolf would have been in a top 10 instead of a top 5. I also really liked Monique l'Huilier, Prada and Miu Miu.

Disappointments: Everything Karl Lagerfeld lay his hands on: Lagerfeld Gallery, Chanel...you'll find the other one somewhere else in my list :P Also what disappointed me are Undercover, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Louis Vuitton...

The plain ugly: Fendi was horrible, Gucci was bad. Julien McDonald was the worst collection this season. Oh, and Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche was pretty bad as well.

Pics credited to www.style.com www.modaonline.it and www.vogue.co.uk

1. JUNYA WATANBE
21r1ip

2. ANN DEMUELEMESSTER
21r2ur

3. JOHN GALLIANO
21r31i

4. COMME DES GARCONS
21wu55

5. VIKTOR & ROLF
21wtw1

The following are in no particular order:
Honorable Mentions: Lanvin, Veronique Branquihno, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Yohji Yamamoto, Akira
Deliberately Shunned: Jennifer Lopez, Sweetface, Fendi, Versace, Imitation of Christ, D&G, Christian Dior, Dsquared

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->