I'll have to post favorite looks later but my list as follows:

NY-
Rachel Comey
Boudicca

London-
Preen
Emma Cook
Ann-Sofie Back
Robert Cary-Williams**(forgot about him)

Paris-
Bruno Pieters
Undercover
Gaspard Yurkievich
Haider Ackermann
Lutz
Ann Demeulemeester
CDG
Tim Van Steenbergen

Biggest dissapointment: Tess Giberson & Bernhard Willhelm*. :cry:

edit

In no order:

Aquascutum
00370f.jpg

Rochas
00020f.jpg

Balenciaga
00320f.jpg

Roland Mouret
00030f.jpg

Dries van noten
00660f.jpg

Honorable mentions: Akris, Marc Jacobs, Sophia Kokosalaki, Proenza Schouler, miu miu, Maxmara, Lela Rose, Chloé, Lanvin, Bueno Pieters and Ann Demuelemeester.

I liked a little bit of everything, there's always something nice in each collection, they don't all completly suck. But, i did have my favorites.

1. Oscar de la Renta & Balenciaga:heart:

and in no order.. Gucci, Dolce, Dior, Mcqueen, and Cavalli.. i love it all..

Best Womanswear

1. Prada-great casting of new girls ie, (Freja Beha, Sasha P. & Hye) loved the music and the coats, perticurlarly the cranberry coat w the black embroidery. Speechless.
2.Balenciaga-again,great casting and beautiful clothes from day to evening. Especially the minimalist coats with the silver buttons, talk about geek chic.
3. Proenza Schouler-loved the black and white scarfes and daywear, but i adored the yellow evening dress on Jovita, that definded fall new york for me
4. Louis Vuitton-marc did it againg , saw the video and loved the evening section especially the music, Vlada should be the face for fall the coats were not all fussy. loved the Vienna inspiration the bags!!
5.Chado Raph Rucci- loved the Calder and the Kline dresses, impeccable line and workmanship on both the atelier and pret-a-porter. I want one of those Coco Mitchell capes!!!
6.Burburry Porsum-Chistopher Bailey's menswear and womanswear rocked casual chic and British coolness.
7.Rochas- loved the bias angle and the romantacism, those dresses would be perfect wedding gowns.
8.John Galliano-great show concept and that Warhol like prints will be collectables.
9. Chloe-soooooo cool and perfect for now, imagine dressing like Gemma's adorably chic opening number it will be possible if you buy anything from Chloe.
10.Alexander Mcqueen-elegance and street chic. That Stam number puts Renee's oscar number to shame.

loving everyone's picks....you all have such wonderful taste...:heart:
i must think about this further before i can post mine...

here are my favourites in no particular order ... it was hard enough to only chose 5 to start with! ^_^

Central Saint Martin's Graduate who's name i don't know: (Sclater?)
sclater01.jpg

Balenciaga:
35.jpg

Sophia Kokosalaki:
00230f.jpg

Issey Miyake:
miy018.jpg

Preen:
PREE_AW05_106.jpg

Also: Aquascrutum, Sinhastanic, CDG, Undercover, Veronique Branquinho, Stella McCartney, and i'm sure, i'm forgetting some ...

Biggest dissapointment: Alexander McQueen

And i miss Helmut Lang :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander McQueen
00260f.jpg

Chloe
00310f.jpg

Missoni
00510f.jpg

John Galliano :heart:
00360f.jpg

Alessandro Dell'Acqua
00080f.jpg

Bluemarine, Jean Paul Gaultier : liked a LOT too :heart:

I also really loved the shoes & jewlery at Behnaz Sarafpour, and I usually dont like much Dior, i like Galliano in his line- but i really liked this last collection. I guess i am not much into the Dior acessories. I didnt liked Prada at ALL this last season :yuk:

And im choosing based on what i thought to be the most beautiful. There was some cool real world stuff on Luella, Bill Blass, Luca Luca

PS> All pics from www.style.com

Here's my 5 cents...

1)Junya
2)Ann D
3)Yohji
4)Comme
5)Chloe

Comme des Garcons:heart:
Junya Watanabe
Undercover
Bernhard Willhelm
Cosmic Wonder
Anne Sofie Back

Hartman..,Riccardo Tisci,Lutz,Gaspard Yurkievich,Bruno Pieters, Boudicca,Preen,Tim Van Steenbergen, Haider Ackerman, Melodie Wolf, Robert Cary-Williams,Ann Demeulemeester, Christian Wijnants, Rick Owens

New York
Roland Mouret

00260f.jpg

London
Aquascutum

00300f.jpg

Milan
Miu Miu

00100f.jpg

Marni

00670f.jpg

Burberry

00490f.jpg

Paris
Junya Watanabe

00220f.jpg

Comme Des Garcons

00090f.jpg

John Galliano

00340f.jpg

Chloe

00180f.jpg

Rochas
00420f.jpg

Lanvin

00020f.jpg

Honourable Mentions:
Viktor & Rolf, Prada, Bruno Pieters, Yohji Yamamoto, Balenciaga, Alberta Feretti, Blumarine, Dries Van Noten, Derek Lam, Ann Demeulemeester & Alexander McQueen

Dissapointments: Chanel, YSL, McQueen (a good collection, but I was expecting so much more from him)

Hated: Fendi, Sweetface :yuk:

Ok why did eeveryone hate sweet face... i thought it was hot....very wearable...also loved baby phat......cute stuff....Mcqueen was awsome....the music was amazing....Dolce and Gabanna ....hot,hot,hot.......Prada wasn't my cup of tea this seson and marc jacobs was a little depressing.....Dsquared was nice....and louis vuitton was alrite....victor and ralph, dior and galliano were good....their shows are look puzzles....complicated but when u really look u find the most wearable pieces....

In no order:

Burberry Prosum
00230f.jpg
00020f.jpg

Christian Dior

00060f.jpg

Tuleh

00080f.jpg

Missoni!
00100f.jpg

Hmm.... I don't really feel like looking up any others...

DIOR, Rochas, Aquascuntum, Balenciaga, Monique Lhuillier & Chl:heart:é!
CDG scares me :blink: I like Lanvin, Lacroix & Watanabe also :woot:
And I hate: KENZO! :doh:

I don't mean to sound mean... but that Dior outfit reminds me of Willy Wonka.... that can be a good and bad thing...:smile:

My favorites of Fall 2005 - Menswear:
Ann Demeulemeester:
00130f.jpg
00140f.jpg
00360f.jpg

This season, I was disappointed by almost every designer I like, and I miss Helmut Lang :(

Hated (Menswear:( The usual crap - Versace, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana, D&G

(in no particular order)

Top Womens:
Chanel
Balenciaga
Ann Demeulemeester
Aquascutum
SinahStanic

Top Mens:
Dior Homme
Raf Simons
Ann Demeulemeester
Chanel
Aquascutum

Honorable mentions: DSQUARED2 not as bad as usual though i still hated it lol, Dior wasnt bad, Burberry Prorsum, Vivienne Westwood gold label :smile:

Worst: Galliano - i hated it, McQueen, Vivienne Westwood man - i'm not gonna mention the worst of the worst such as j-lo, D&G ect

bump!

i know this season is "old news" but its coming up.. wanted to refresh everyones memory about the great shows and give ideas for next season.

My favourite? I love almost everything from Fall 205 fashion week, but my favourite shows are:

1) Dolce& Gabbana
2) Lanvin :heart:
3) Blumarine
4) Christian Dior
5) Chloe
6) Alexander McQueen
7) Sophia Kokosalaki
8) Alessandro Dell'Acqua
9) and... Jean Paul Gaultier:heart: (my NUMBER ONE)

not in order.......

Rochas
Versace
Dior
Valentino
Gucci
Balenciaga
Dolce and Gabana
Lanvin

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads