YSL by Tom Ford timepices

taz

MUSE
Reaction score
Where to find the YSL watches by TOM FORD?

they were pulled back early last summer, since Stefano Pilati will redeisgn them next year as I have been told by the YSL staff.

the problem that it is only available throught the YSL rive qauche boutiques, I wonder if it is available at other retailers? I mean gucci watches are available almost everywhere: saks, n.marcus, selfridges,harrods & other jewelry retailers.:angry:
I searched as far as I could get around the globe.
I searched ebay but with no result.

the shape is so unique & elegant, I feel sorry for not purchasing it earlier:cry:

Those watches are gorgeous, I remeber them so vividly. Why is Stefano going to redesign them? He's only going to crazy them up. I can't imagine that watch is only available through YSL boutiques, it's better than most of the Gucci watches which are available at Macys.

Why don't you call a smaller YSL boutique? The one in DC has very low traffic so they might have some, if any.

If you live in a major city there is probably a jewlery district where you can find a watch wholesaler. They sometimes have back stock of discontinued items.

well it is not available at the YSL boutiques anymore, I think it is part of the plan to erase tom's traces at YSL, which they started it too early I guess.
I called all the boutiques around the world.
well I live in the U.K. & it isn't available anywhere.
they are gorgeous but the price isn't, it costs a double price of a GUCCI watch which is almost 2000$.
as Ford said he wants to upgrade the YSL standard, as the customer who wears a YSL watch is wearing Rolex & Cartier as well.

^ Oh. Like they said, search like no ones business.

But for me it seems that when I stop looking I find things. Are you %100 sure Barneys or Henri Bendel doesn't carry those watches?

lovely watch, taz. timeless and elegant. i do hope you locate one :flower:

brian said:
i do hope you locate one :flower:

thanks for ur hope brian:flower:

well I am planning to go to Paris this summer, do you think if I went to the YSL headquarter office at George V Av. -this is where Pilati works- I can get one, since they pull it back from the boutiques?

^ Possibly, although they usually send the ones they don't sell to the outlets. That's what Dior does. If I recall properly YSL has an outlet near Disneyworld Paris, there is this outdoors mall that has all the designer outlets, orgasmic.

Diorling said:
^ Possibly, although they usually send the ones they don't sell to the outlets. That's what Dior does. If I recall properly YSL has an outlet near Disneyworld Paris, there is this outdoors mall that has all the designer outlets, orgasmic.

really!!:woot: So what is that place called? where is it located exactly? how can I reach there? is it the same metro stop as for Disney?
what are the other brands availble there beside Dior & YSL?

Its called something, has a very American name. It's in the Disney complex (on the property) it's in Marne La Vallee, I think that could be the name of the mall as well.

Edit: Found it is it called La Vallee Village. And they don't have a YSL, sorry dear. I thought they did. They have lots of other stores to suit your fancy. And it doesnt have a Dior. I haven't been there might I add, I saw it in the Eurostar magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the name of that timepiece? It would make it much easier for me to help track it down if I knew.

well thanks for the info. Diorling, I am sure it will be useful for my Paris trip.
and I'll keep praying to find my YSL watch.

well it has no name, it is the only range of timepieces that Tom had designed for YSL, it comes in dierrent colors & sizes. what I like about it that it is not flat, instead it has a beautiful concave curve against the flesh of the wrist.thank alot for ur help DIORLING

well here is an article about the launch of this masterpiece with an interview with TOM FORD:

"
YSL'S MOMENT IN TIME.(Yves Saint Laurent will debut watch designed by Tom Ford)(Brief Article)

WWD; 6/10/2002; Socha, Miles

PARIS -- Tom Ford loves wristwatches. He has about 25 in his personal wardrobe, including antique timepieces, no fewer than five Rolexes and at least one Boucheron.

"Today, I have on an IWC watch. Yesterday, I wore a Gucci one," Ford said. "I love watches because it's really one of the few pieces of jewelry a man can wear."

And soon Ford will make a new addition: his first watch design for Yves Saint Laurent, which will be unveiled at the Ritz hotel here today and make its debut this fall in YSL boutiques and select jewelry stores.

"I have the very first one from our production reserved for me," he said in an exclusive interview. "I wanted to make a watch that I was dying to wear. And I wanted something that was really identifiable because of its design, not because of the logo."

Striking it is: a tank style warped into an eye-teasing asymmetrical shape that wraps neatly around the wrist. "When you put it on your arm, it is very distinctive," Ford said. "It is classic and you can see the classical references. But then it is literally twisted. I wanted it so that people could look at your arm and know immediately that it is a YSL watch."

The Rive Gauche timepiece is the latest element in Ford's overhaul of the French house since taking up the ready-to-wear design reigns two years ago. But watches are not a new category for YSL. They're part of the legacy of licensing when the brand was controlled by designer Saint Laurent and his business partner Pierre Berge. Watches were initially licensed to Cartier and then sublicensed to Citizen, which churned out $95 YSL timepieces.

The watch license was one of some 152 contracts eliminated since Gucci Group took control of the company in 1999 and began its repositioning effort. Ford said he remembers watches produced by the house in the late Seventies and early Eighties, but "it was not a particularly significant business. The good news is that no one has a strong recollection of YSL watches."

This meant that Ford felt he was starting with a clean slate, repositioning the watch at price levels where it would compete with the likes of Chanel and Hermes and the opening price points of brands such as Cartier. The Rive Gauche watch will retail from about $1,400 to $7,000.

"It's a serious watch; it's a real watch," he said. "It's consistent with the kind of watches our customers would wear."

The watch comes in three sizes: the large is mechanical and the two smaller sizes are quartz. In total, there are 35 variations, considering the choice of gold or silver cases, three possible face colors and a range of straps and bracelets. Ford said he prefers the woven leather band, which has a "slightly rustic, bohemian quality to it."

He declined to give sales projections for YSL watches, but asserted that the growth potential in the category is "huge." Watch sales at Hermes, for example, leaped 13 percent last year to total $110.9 million.

The watches are slated to bow in 44 YSL boutiques in late July and two months later, in about 70 select multibrand jewelry retailers in the U.S. and Europe. Ford said he has not yet decided if the range will be expanded for the watch fairs in Switzerland next spring. "If we do add styles, we'll do it very slowly because the goal is to create the YSL signature and to give us credibility in the watch market," he said.

YSL timepieces will be manufactured in Switzerland through Gucci Group's luxury timepiece division, but with some different suppliers, given the more upscale positioning than Gucci timepieces.

The launch will be backed by a dedicated advertising campaign, recently shot in New York by photographer Albert Jiordan. Ford declined to specify the budget, but said YSL would devote 60 percent of its sales target to the campaign, bowing in a range of September fashion titles. In general, watch brands invest 10 to 15 percent of revenues in advertising. "We're giving it a big push," he said.

The ads will be straightforward close-ups. "I just wanted people to see the watch," he said. "I think it's unique enough that it doesn't need any tricks."

Asked if any watches will make a cameo appearance in the YSL ready-to-wear campaign, Ford said "no" and laughed, given his reputation as fashion's penultimate marketing man. "It's not about strapping all the products you can on the models," he said. "I hate to be that blatantly commercial, believe it or not." "

Last edited by a moderator:
YSL by Tom Ford timepices 'new TOM FORD launche interview'

I woner how STEFANO's timepices will look like?
I wish if he keeps the same shape. it is different from others & so distinctive.

'LESS IS MORE'
That twisted shape is new in watches, it looks dynamic & revolving around the rist, I wore it at the boutique to try it 2 years ago & it my hands looked wow.

generally i'd advise aginst a designer brand watch- personally i don't think the ysl logo has recovered from the overexposure on every other polo shirt. But of all the fashion brands the ysl ones are the most elegant and striking an i agree with the previous poster that it definatly looks better on the wrist than in the case.

well I'll start my search again, have anyone saw this one?
or saw the Stefano watches for YSL???

i WON'T GIVE UP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->