Zang Toi F/W 10.11 New York

modillustr

Reaction score
Zang Toi Fall 2010: Purple Rain: NEW YORK, Feb 15, 2010

Although known for his over-the-top gowns, this season Zang Toi focused on tailoring for his Ladies Who Lunch with feminine suits and embroidered knit sweaters.(text and photos wwd.com)

zang-toi01wwd.jpg
zang-toi02wwd.jpg
zang-toi03wwd.jpg
zang-toi04wwd.jpg
zang-toi05wwd.jpg
zang-toi06wwd.jpg

zang-toi07wwd.jpg
zang-toi08wwd.jpg
zang-toi09wwd.jpg

zang-toi10wwd.jpg
zang-toi11wwd.jpg
zang-toi12wwd.jpg

zang-toi13wwd.jpg
zang-toi14wwd.jpg
zang-toi15wwd.jpg
zang-toi16wwd.jpg
zang-toi17wwd.jpg
zang-toi18wwd.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moderemix.com

Zang Toi , defining Grace and Beauty
February 12, 2010
A few years ago, I was leaving a party at an art museum when a woman bumped into me. “So sorry love,” she said and kissed my cheek, before disappearing down a rounding stairway. As she walked away, the train on her dress slid after her heels, easing down each step like sea water over sandy shores. I stood for a few minutes, captivated by this mysterious woman and even more by her gown.
Now with this upcoming New York Fashion Week, this idea of “alluring elegance” is heavy on my mind and I can feel this concept but I am unable to fully articulate it as image. So when I was recently given the chance to relate some questions to the designer Zang Toi, it was a perfect opportunity to learn. After all, who better to help me give form to “alluring elegance” than a designer whose work embodies a philosophy of simple elegance intertwined tightly with visual enticement.
Since 1989, after his studies at Parsons and time with Mary Jane Marcasiano and Ronaldus Shamask, Zang Toi established his New York-based label. Among one of the most respected design houses in New York, the Zang Toi label has a rich heritage of recognition by some of fashion’s most renowned eyes. I asked Zang to recount one of his favorite memories from the past 20 years and he responded: “The visit of Anna Wintour at my tiny little studio 6 months after debuting my label.” Since then, the label has become a leading design house in New York, marrying high design execution with selective lux material pairing. Consider his resort 2008 collection, with gowns in silk crepe Monaco with extraordinary touches such as hand-loomed silk with organza-covered Swarovski crystals.
Unable to wait until his NYFW Autumn 2010 show, I asked for a sneak peak at one of the looks:

With finely crafted designs that are hand-constructed with an uncanny understanding of that unmeasurable quality that can make a woman feel beautiful, confident and daring, the Zang Toi label evoked a storied sense of confidence for the wearer. In order to get a sense of the work that goes into a gown, I ask Zang to give me a quick overview in the time line of a Zang Toi creation:
A Zang Toi creation is almost always started with the sketch, then follow w/ fabric selection, and then making of the pattern follow w/ muslin fitting on a live model before it’s finally cut & sewn , and the final step handworked detailing and pressing before it is ready for it’s debut !
When wearing a Zang Toi gown, the wearer embodies the pure finesse of the gowns. I asked Wendy Brandes, the New York jewelery designer, about her experience in wearing Zang Toi: “I always feel like a femme fatale in them.” Brandes is right, for confidence and vitality is the elemental magic that Zang Toi weaves in his work, to define in cuts, tucks, and pins of cloth, an aesthetic that in the words of Brandes, “glamorous, sexy and very womanly. ”
I asked Zang to describe the ideal Zang Toi woman. Often, I find that designers will give me a person as someone that exemplifies the label’s design philosophy, namely the hottest name on a recent (and ephemeral) It list. However, Zang gave me core concepts that is the very spirit of every woman and it it this awareness of the universality of grace in each woman that is the essential backbone of his work. For him, the Zang Toi woman is, ” glamorous, chic [and] always leading her very own style path.”
Zang tells me that Fall 2010 is all about the “color PURPLE!” I convey that same excitement here, best as I can. But I cannot do justice to the overall energy and joie de vivre that is Zang and the beauty, grace, and elemental elegance seen in the clothing of Zang Toi. It is something that must be experienced first hand.
Lastly, I ask Zang if he had any advice for emerging designers who are coming in to the industry in the rough time. His advice, indicative of his commitment to his passion and is also a defining characteristic of the Zang Toi brand:
“Hard Work ! Hard Work ! Hard Work ! and never afraid to lead your own path !”
A special thank you to Wendy and Nana for helping this interview to take place. To Zang, I am grateful for your generosity in taking time to share your experiences with me.

Fashionwindows.net

Zang Toi Fall 2010: Purple Rain

NEW YORK, Feb 15, 2010 / FW/ — It was so beautiful I got goose bumps at the end of the show. I was not alone in feeling that way. When Zang Toi came out to take his bow, the whole room gave him a standing ovation.
It was a very intimate crowd of Zang Toi’s clients and fans, the perfect audience to make his bold statement of “timeless beauty,” proposing that owning any piece or all of the pieces from this beautifully crafted collection is an investment that never goes out of fashion.
It was daring because the accepted adage in fashion is that clothes depreciate in value; Zang is suggesting that it can actually appreciate when it has reached the “vintage” category; a bold proposal indeed, which the audience accepted judging from their reaction.
From the opening piece of charcoal silk organza strapless mini dress encrusted with beaded blossoms, to the black & purple silk mohair ombré 5th Avenue A-line coat and sheath dress to the grand finale of black couture silk gazar opera coat encrusted with purple beaded blossoms puff sleeves and black strapless mini dress sprinkled with purple beaded blossoms, Zang Toi’s “timeless beauties” can transcend time.
A year from now, a decade from now, this collection will remain relevant the same way that its inspiration, the song “Purple Rain” continues to fascinate music lovers up to today.
[MARI DAVIS]

Photos by Eka Halim – ephphoto.com
(Click to enlarge)

Don't love all of them but there are some few pieces that really captivates.

Zang Toi F/W 10.11 New York - FashionWindows

Fashionwindows.net
Photos by Eka Halim – ephphoto.com
(Click to enlarge)

Last edited by a moderator:
It got to the third look and I was begging it to steer away from that logo top and it did thank god. A beautiful collection with the same audience as Oscar de la Renta of Ralph Rucci. Lovely.

love the tailoring:smile: the furs look so good. the collection really stays true to his signature style. especially the jewel neckline gown. beautiful and simple:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->