Zara S/S 2017 by Steven Meisel

Leila and Luisana for the win! Amazing. Lexi is so ****ing one-dimensional when working with Meisel, bored to tears by her.

OMG, can he please stop using Lexi. Loyalty is great but her pics with him all look the same.

Honey, as you I would love to see a designer using all black girls for the campaign, like YSL or Franca's Vogue Italia Black Issue. But why is only about the race? Diversity is about shape, age, sexuality, religion... And I'm talking about popular culture, not fashion, that uses diversity as a buisness and not as genuine thing (american tv shows, movies, music).

I see beautiful asians girls and black girls here and it looks genuine to me, not forced like movies. Understand? Yeah, is a bit dissaponting to see only white girls in the video. My apologies if I've touched a nerve. :flower:

True, diversity is about all that, yes... and the elephant in the room is that fashion is not diverse at all, everything is: ectomorph, white, teen-looking, ... but the thing is here I was talking only about the evident racial aspect... and no, don't worry :lol:, all my nerves are just fine, it's just that your "...diversity is welcome" (as if the norm should be white...?) sounds just like the mentality I'd love not to be around fashion now that we're closer to 2020; it's not like racial diversity needs to be welcomed in white-land, it just needs to be as equally present by default as any other aesthetic aspect considered relevant... specially when it comes to "more-than-3-girls-castings" nowadays. History demands it: all these past decades of fashion's 99% white imaginary are the proof bigger steps need to be taken on this subject... letting the latina and the asian ones having a few seconds too in the video as well for one time could have been a nice baby-step in Zara's tiny efforts.

He really knows how to elevate the clothes. Everything look more expensive than some other high end brands. This is smashing. I think it's their first time putting a photographer's name in the campaign. What a wonderful result. I think Zara really let him and Karl run with it and it shows.
Completely agree. Meisel is the legend he is because of his rare and magical ability to elevate clothes and models to another level. I can't think of a single photographer working today who can manage that same feat - it's of another era.

Great move, Zara. Every girl and every look is fantastic, here.

Incredible campaign! I love the video. Though the unsynchronized blinking of the letters Z-A-R-A made me think it's "Harper's BaZAAR" at first. I wish they gave the asian girl some screen time and cut some of Vittoria's. And lastly, as much as I don't like her, I can't get enough of Kiki's part with the background music in the end.

I hope Zara will release a catalogue this time, like Mango always does.

The images are amazing, but Mario Sorrenti S/S 2016 campaign for them was a dream. The images with Julia B were fantastic.

The cast; well Lexi by Meisel is a total bore (quit pushing her face on me!) and Vittoria starts to bore me as well, what a way to ruin a girl (for me) by using her everywhere. Stop trying to make Leila happen. Kiki is fantastic.

don't worry :lol:, all my nerves are just fine, it's just that your "...diversity is welcome" (as if the norm should be white...?) sounds just like the mentality I'd love not to be around fashion

My apologies to you all, my first comment was DAMN stupid. And Legolas, I'm worried because clearly you respond me. Actions say more than words. Sorry again for touching a nerve saying such a stupid thing. It won't happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara removed the previous video, here's the reuploaded one:

I don't get the hate for Leila -_-

Surprised anyone's still trying to make Leila happen, but here she is.

Didn't mean to hate on Leila with this post! I meant that I'm a little surprised the industry is still supporting her. Thought she might have been a one-hit wonder. I'm a fan of hers!:wink:

Didn't mean to hate on Leila with this post! I meant that I'm a little surprised the industry is still supporting her. Thought she might have been a one-hit wonder. I'm a fan of hers!:wink:

Why though? Just because she came from ANTM? I'm just genuinely wondering.

Ashley had shown interest in her since the beginning, even before her Fashion Week debut. So it was only a matter of time, for something like this to happen.

And I think Lexi is the one dimensional/one-hit wonder model here. Meisel should give this girl (and us) a break.

OMG it's the best campaign this season for me!
Meisel always slays!
Looks like edtorials from Vogue Italia!
So excited to see it even this is for Zara!
All i see is HIGH FASHION!
:clap:

I hope Zara will release a catalogue this time, like Mango always does.

They should! Looks like a lost ed of VI. In Argentina is way impossible to have one, like every Meisel stuff :cry:

The campaign is amazing, looks like a old editorial of Vogue Italia from the late 90's & early 2000's.

Very sophisticated, loving Lexi even if people in here have been sick of her since minute one, the styling is incredible and manages to disguise the (often) mediocre quality of the clothing.

Love this, like many have said it totally looks like it came straight out of Vogue Italia... Beautiful pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->