Zara S/S 2017 by Steven Meisel

Castings bu Ashley never disappoint!
Great campaign, Zara is on a roll.
Leila is totally unexpected but she looks fantastic! I think she can move really well in front of the camera and I dare to say she is my favourite here.

Wait Zara can afford Meisel? Wow, money well spent, their best campaign!

zara's revenue was 15.9 billion dollars in 2016.

i've seen various estimates from business publications that meisel earns 10 million a year from various campaigns/covers.

i would be more surprised if H&M would work with him. (to my knowledge they haven't worked with meisel) their revenue is higher than zara's but their operating costs are much bigger and it seems as if their campaigns are done more on the cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not surprised that Zara has booked Meisel for their campaign. They've been working with Vanderperre (in fact he shot the mens campaign this season), Hawkesworth, Sims and other high fashion photographers lately.
Zara's image is also much more expensive than for example H&M's. From the stores and the website to the campaigns, from the gift cards and the boxes your delivery comes in to the actual clothes, everything comes across as much more tasteful and refined. And it works for me. I can't remember the last time I set foot in an H&M store yet I shop at Zara regularly.

I Love this! Beautiful and flawless...
I know that Meisel is the most iconic photographer of those last 25 years but this is even bigger than ever. I mean, Zara is everywhere!
This is great for Zara...

Is this the first time they have advertise with the name of a photographer? I don't remember such a thing.

I'm sure it's a matter of time for them to hire a high fashion designer to work on an exclusive collection...

Wait Zara can afford Meisel? Wow, money well spent, their best campaign!

Zara is more profitable than most of the brands that had worked with Meisel....

The video only shows the white girls... HUGE shocker! :judge:

Nora slaaaaaaysss!!!!!! :mohawk:

the video only shows the white girls... huge shocker! :judge:

Nora slaaaaaaysss!!!!!! :mohawk:

diversity is always welcome, but not every single thing should be a benetton ad. Happy for leila, and yeah, looks like a vi editorial.

diversity is always welcome, but not every single thing should be a benetton ad.

What does this even mean? Every single thing? I don't know what threads are you visiting but 90% of them campaigns are always as white as they could be... so your statement completely falls down.

Now here, they are trying to go for diversity, which by now, 2017, should be a regular necessity, not something from now and then, equal graphic visibility of races in fashion is something that should be common to everybody... Here, they are including black and asian girls in print, why is so difficult to give them 3 seconds on the video as well? Happened with Aya's Prada momentum ( I was so excited to see her in motion with her Prada look, but no: not even 1 second in the video ) and happens every single time castings like this are organized... it's extremely boring.

You sound like it's actually ok they exclude them from the video, 'cause I know right? They should be happy at least they are part of the campaign, having them too in motion would be just too much to handle... it's sooooo tiring EVERY SINGLE thing nowadays looks like a Benetton ad... :ermm:

Didn't expect to see Zara by Meisel, but I like it! It looks very Vogue Italia, but he manages to get the best out of every girl. Vittoria is stunning as usual :wub:

He really knows how to elevate the clothes. Everything look more expensive than some other high end brands. This is smashing. I think it's their first time putting a photographer's name in the campaign. What a wonderful result. I think Zara really let him and Karl run with it and it shows.

Honey, as you I would love to see a designer using all black girls for the campaign, like YSL or Franca's Vogue Italia Black Issue. But why is only about the race? Diversity is about shape, age, sexuality, religion... And I'm talking about popular culture, not fashion, that uses diversity as a buisness and not as genuine thing (american tv shows, movies, music).

I see beautiful asians girls and black girls here and it looks genuine to me, not forced like movies. Understand? Yeah, is a bit dissaponting to see only white girls in the video. My apologies if I've touched a nerve. :flower:

Very unexpected to see Steven Meisel shooting Zara and I am loving it just like everybody else. Each girl is a great fit for Zara's aesthetic, work wonderfully alongside Meisel and each element of this entire campaign works beautifully. A thumbs up from me! :clap:

I'm not surprised that Zara can afford Meisel, more shocked that Meisel said yes! Love his work to the moon and back, but we all know he's one of the biggest snobs in the industry.

Anyway, the result is great and that's all that matters. Zara's best campaign, ever! Lexi not only got the best looks, but stole the show imo. Even better than my Kiki. The worst is Leila Goldkuhl, who's clearly not on the same level as the rest of the cast.

Beautiful result...sort of shocked to see Meisel work for Zara, but lots of big names (MAS was a staple for a while alongside Demarchelier, non?) have been working for them. Just love the images, especially of Nora.

It looks like a VI ed indeed. Simply beautiful.
Leila is a star in my eyes. Her shot with the black jacket is the best in this campaign. I'm in love! :wub: She deserves it. So happy for her!
Also super happy to see Young Bae, too. What a face.

Luisana and Nora are by far the weakest here. Even tho I like them both.

Love the cast and campaign overall. (dont get the love for Lexi and Kiki tho.)

I'm surprised how good this campaign turned out. I don't get all of the Leila hate, she looks stunning! I wish lexi boling was styled differently though, she always has long straight hair.... or maybe Meisel wants her styled that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->