Zara S/S 2023 : Ida, He Cong, Ava & Annemary by Steven Meisel

Very romantic and soft. It takes me back to Meisel's work for Coach campaigns. This preview looks very promising, I expect another great campaign from Zara this season - and it already looks better than the last!

So no "unisex" campaign by Meisel this time? I was expecting them to continue on the same route as last season, given how in tune it is with youth culture to go genderless at the moment.

Eager to see all the individual campaigns as usual though.

I love Ida. Would love to see her staring the Zara campaign by Meisel.

The photography reminds me of the overly Lightroom filtered sort that the local photographer in your town offers for bridal engagements, babies, friends and families; shot in some wooded area on the outskirts of town that all your friends recognize.
That one friend that peaked in high school who's really trying to make it as an influencer has several of these kinds of photo shoots on her Instagram. The only thing missing is a tacky "©Steven Meisel Photography" watermark.

Given Zara's clientele, I guess this was intentional.

Last edited:
Wow, Ida and Cong He looks absolutely breathtaking! Stunning shots.

Yes! I got my fashion fix today from Zara. No doubt the images were shot in the studio but Meisel creates a good enough illusion of the countryside/fields here.

Some of the images remind me a bit of Dolce S/S 06 mixed in with Ferragamo S/S 13 (Raquel by Sims).

This time though I think the men's campaign wins overall. So thrilled to see Fabien photographing again. The images, set design and styling are wonderful!

WOW... That's a breath of fresh air in my @ss!

To me this looks like this would have been a super forgettable editorial from a past issue of US Elle or something. Tuck Everlasting realness.

The close-up shots are gorgeous (mainly because I love his ability to photograph hair), the rest is forgettable. I'd rather see a Carter Smith outdoors shoot.

Ugh, so incredible! Chloé meets Pringle of Scotland meets Coach, and I love it all. Stunning portraits and I really enjoy the romantic mood and the casting. Another win for Zara.

This is my jam. Steven saved the world again. This must be his best work this season, even I love the rest he did. British Vogue who?!

Personally this doesn't look Meisel-ish at all. I'd guess McDean or Sadli

The saccharine whimsy is leaning towards the many random Anna Sui perfume campaigns meets Marc Jacobs Daisy or one of those Chloé campaigns.

Gorgeous hair work though. Meisel still knows his way around hair and beauty. Maybe he should limit his work to something akin to Phyllis Posnick's work for Health and Beauty with the likes of Stern, Avedon, Penn etc. They don't really offer that anymore at Vogue in terms of image making, but it could reinvigorate something in him that is also focused. He has already contributed to it several times, often giving us some of his best singular works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->