Zink April 2007: Isla Fisher by Rankin

kellynjane

Reaction score
Zink designated this the "men's" issue, with a spread on her that's definitely more male-oriented.

Here's a preview, since I still haven't gotten my issue yet. Zink's not so hot on subscriptions.

l_fea50a306e153b94576828d983ab5e9c.jpg

l_d498ddeb788b95ea16aa74a37c3a00e5.jpg

l_6c4992a9be5270de8b1efed18f7c8bd6.jpg

l_1634c0a19d14045094a938ed4005af23.jpg

(myspace)

^ Wow, those look fantastic! I can't wait to see more. :clap: Thank you for posting them, kellynjane! :flower:

"Watch Out"
Photographed by Vincent Alvarez
Styled by David Duval
Modeled by Marianna (Karin Models)

01lp7.png
02fk5.png
03dl7.png
04hf7.png
05oh1.png
06hx2.png

(zinkmag)

"In The Shadows"
Photographed by Thomas Lohr
Styled by Rene Garza
Modeled by Nadiya (Elite Model Management)

01aw3.png
02rl4.png
03fa6.png
04ke4.png
05vo4.png
06yy4.png
07aj4.png

(zinkmag)

Isla Fisher!
Does she get a spread or just an article?

oh i love isla fisher. She's a great actress and so hot! Maybe I think that because she kind of reminds me of me :lol:

"Big Red"
text1hr1.png

text2ab1.png

01kj6.png
02gy5.png
03hm0.png
04hh6.png
05ap8.png

There's more text, but the website says you need to find the magazine to read it, so. :blush:

(zinkmag)

Isla is actually pronounced "eye-la"? Interesting.

...I don't actually know who Isla is; I just found that part note-worthy.

sorry that came off really conceited above! I just meant that because she's petite and has kind of red hair :lol: Not that I'm hot and thats what she reminds me of. anyway. yes it's pronounced 'eye-lah' it's actually a small island off i think the western coast of scotland. It's famous for scotch/whisky. My family actually comes from there.

^Don't sell yourself short, Meg. I'm sure you're just as foxy as her. :winkiss: :brows: :lol:

Anyway, Isla looks great. She was such a cutie in "Wedding Crashers."

The island itself is called 'Islay' though pronounced eye-lah. Islay and Isla are respectively the masculine and feminine nouns for the word 'island' - English versions of the Scottish Gaelic words - therefore the name comes from the island, and a girl's name gets the -a ending.

It's slightly different in Scottish Gaelic (in spelling and pronunciation) but let's not go there.

you're right tigerrouge clearly I've been more focused on her than where my family comes from :lol: thanks for clarifying it!

I've been a fan of Isla since Paradise Beach. I totally wanted to BE her! Oh dear, that was 14 years ago :doh: I was obsessed with celebs at a very young age.:lol:

^ when i think of isla fisher, i think of her role in the wedding crashers.
haha want to be her aswell? :wink:

"Color Therapy"
Photographed by Norihito
Makeup by Stephen Dimmick for MyrJan
Modeled by Meeli Mullari (Next) and Jo Takla (Elite)

01ml8.png
02vr7.png
03ez3.png
04mz7.png

(zinkmag)

"Glass Ceiling"
Photographed by Todd Norwood
Styled by Sarah Norwood
Modeled by Ryan (Elite) and Sif (Next)

06da2.png
05hu6.png
04oz7.png
03iu3.png
02ta7.png
01is5.png

(zinkmag)

The other features that Zink includes on their website are as follows:

Ignition - What's hot right now.: A vial that your sweetie can blow into and it will hold the scent forever (BreathCapture.com), honest and witty Cerebral Itch cards (CerebralItch.com), and gloves that are warmed by a USB port whenever you're typing (RareMonoShop.com).

Style Fusion - Fashion, beauty, technology, and design.: "Watch Out," posted above. "Emerging Designers," which showcases Omar Jermaine, Bruno Pieters, and more. "Grape Expectations" - Carlo Mondavi and Josh Levine, co-founders of Davi Skincare, oenophilia to a whole new level.

Combustion - Film, TV, art, music, books, and nightlife.: "Big Red," feature on Isla Fisher posted above. "Sunshine Day," At the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, industry luminaries, indie darlings, first-time directors, and bona-fide movie stars lit up the screen. "About a Book" reviews the novel The Average American Male, among others.

Well Features - Feature articles, fashion, and beauty photo stories.: "In The Shadows," "Color Therapy," and "Glass Ceiling," all posted.

Vaporization - Travel, food, spirits, politics, sex, social commentary, and horoscopes.: "(Self) Portrait," ... of an artist as an iconic man; features Marc Newson, industrial designer. "Mancations," Time for a little bonding trip? Here are four fantastic vacation options for men to get away from it all, and perhaps recapture their boyhood while trekking around the mountains of Spain, jungles of South Africa, beaches and city of Rio or desert of Mongolia. "Bon Vivant," the jetsetters guide to gluttenous globetrotting.

this issue is great! I've liked it since I first saw it on the newsstand. I'm going to have to pick this up :D thanks for the previews kellynjane :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->