UK Elle May 2008 : Madonna by Tom Munro

high res cover, posted on madonnamad.com

Last edited by a moderator:

posted on madonnafanzine.com

and in the pic from eBay in the left hand top corner, it says "COLLECTORS EDITION"

That must mean that's an image of the newsstand version, because that's one of the standard trick phrases to get more people to buy the issue. As if there's anything more special about it than any of the other 10 magazines that are going to have Madonna on the cover at the moment.

I'll bet Elle are hoping people still do collect Madonna magazines. I wonder how many other editions this particular shoot will get reprinted in...

I love black, white and red together. Can't wait to get this. UK Elle just gets better and better :woot:.

As UK Elle has been doing their own thing for quite a few months now I would imagine that US Elle will have someone else on their cover. It will be rather lame now if they did similar covers.

No the price has not went down, it is allways £3.30

That must mean that's an image of the newsstand version, because that's one of the standard trick phrases to get more people to buy the issue. As if there's anything more special about it than any of the other 10 magazines that are going to have Madonna on the cover at the moment.

I'll bet Elle are hoping people still do collect Madonna magazines. I wonder how many other editions this particular shoot will get reprinted in...
I dont think its the trick, i read that there will be more than one cover.

^ This means more money spent on ELLE UK MAY 2008, for me then.
Ill have to buy them all.
:smile:

I dont think its the trick, i read that there will be more than one cover.

Hmm. While we wait to see how many different covers there could be, here's a link to a site that covers the different reprints of one of her previous Elle cover stints:

http://win.madonnatribe.com/elle/

As for this issue, back in the day, a magazine had one cover a month. Now magazines are coming out with multiple cover shots each month, and I say again, it's a cheap trick. After you pass that initial first page, the rest of the magazine is the same.

It used to be an entertaining rarity, like when W did it with the Kate Moss tribute issue, but now we're regularly getting a difference between subscriber/newsstand covers of more and more magazines.

To get people to buy the same magazine twice for the sake of different covers is a flimsy premise to increase sales, but probably effective at the moment, before fatigue sets in with the format.

some celebs will always be around :smartass:
i like the cover.

^^Thank you, for the link.
I hope that their is a multiple of covers.
But i was on eBay before, and all the madonna covers were the same.
we will have to wait and see i think. :smile:
I enjoyed looking at the different cover for the international issues.

its a good concept but cmeon now isnt it enough with the leotards?

So is the "thrusting your crotch at the camera" shot a requisite for every Madonna photoshoot?

i don't care what anyone says, she still looks bloody amaaaazing! especially considering the fact that she's pushin' 50 DAMN YEARS OLD!!!!

madonna back again, looking fantastic again! i know there's some photoshop involved but still, she's pushing 50 and doesn't look at all out of place on the cover of a fashion magazine. that's quite an achievement. does anybody know what she's wearing on the US elle cover?

Christina Ricci''s editorial shot by Matthias Vriens

Scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->