Yohji Yamamoto to Produce Luggage with Mandarina Duck S/S 07

just found side view of the red dress:smile::
Zazie, thanks for the store picture, looks like a nice place to visit in Paris:smile:
i still love the wearable bags idea from the 90s...

http://www.fashiontimes.it/

Attachments

• 20061016-mandarina.jpg
    20061016-mandarina.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 181
from men.style.com

Y's Move

Yohji Yamamoto bags a deal with Mandarina Duck

March 26, 2007—Weird monikers aren't the only thing Y's and Mandarina Duck have in common this season. Yohji Yamamoto's design-forward fashion and furniture line has partnered with the culty Italian luggage makers to create a range of bags and clothing that—in theory and, more refreshingly, in practice—plays off the strengths of both brands. Dubbed Y's Mandarina (why fight the name thing?), the 48-piece collection is equal parts innovation and sleek simplicity. "We were aiming at informal elegance," explains Mandarina Duck VP Sergio Rao, as well as "new ideas and new concepts that could be exploited." So many new concepts, apparently, that the collection is divided into two divisions, Y and M. The Y Division features avant-garde designs such as a hybrid hood-sleeve-bag that might be best described as Children of Men chic. For those who aren't packing for life after the apocalypse, meanwhile, the M Division offers a more practical range of wallets, dopp kits, duffels, and suitcases that combine Mandarina Duck's signature leathers and nylons with a minimal vibe that's all Yohji. As expected, the collection's mostly black, though it does include a sporty white canvas bag that feels particularly yacht-ready—with the exception of its "martial-arts belt" strap, that is. Japanese–Italian alliances haven't always worked out in the past, but this one is off to a good start.

Y's Mandarina prices range from $100 for a leather key holder to $680 for a trolley suitcase; available now at Yohji Yamamoto, 103 Grand St., NYC, (212) 966-9066.

— Paul L. Underwood

yohji_mandarina_duck_trolley.jpg

I like the idea of the Y division, but the M division sounds so unnecessary.

The M division sounds like it's made to sell, whereas the Y division is made to attract people. I do like the idea of Y division better, but I have to agree that I don't know how those adorable bags posted in this thread can be worn.

Is that suitcase posted part of the collection? It looks good, but quite basic... it could be Samsonite, not Yohji.

{pollyanna.com}

Y's Mandarina Bananna bag. (I like this one! :heart:)

Attachments

• Ysmandarinabanana.jpg
    Ysmandarinabanana.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Ysmandarinabanana.1.jpg
    Ysmandarinabanana.1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Ysmandarinabananawhite.jpg
    Ysmandarinabananawhite.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
Shoulder bag (comes in black and white)

{pollyanna.com}

Attachments

• Ysshoulder.jpg
    Ysshoulder.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Ysshoulder.1.jpg
    Ysshoulder.1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 3
Large shoulder bag

{pollyanna.com}

Attachments

• Yslarge.1.jpg
    Yslarge.1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Yslarge.jpg
    Yslarge.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
very nice- thanks for the pics...:flower:

the red remains my fave...

this whole concept reminds me of a junya dress i have that has messengers bags built into the dress...
this takes it one step further....

i confess that the garments interest me far more than the regualr bags ...
which i find rather ordinary

that red dress bag is so cool! some of these bags looks very fairly interesting as well . . . but i couldn't justify buying any of it. i guess i'll just have to admire from afar.

you're welcome, softgrey.

I agree about the red. :heart: I've always dreamed of that kind of thing becoming popular--would be so cool to see people running around the city like real urban nomads! :P I don't think New Yorkers are ready to embrace it though.

Here a few more pics from elle.com.

I saw these two at Takashimaya.

Attachments

• Y'sMgrey.jpg
    Y'sMgrey.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 7
  • YsMpocket.jpg
    YsMpocket.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
My two favorites. I actually bought a Y's dress version of the black one, but will probably be returning it....

{elle.com}

Attachments

• Y'sMred.jpg
    Y'sMred.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 9
  • YsMapron.jpg
    YsMapron.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 8
These are pretty dullsville.

{elle.com}

Attachments

• YsMbeige.jpg
    YsMbeige.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Ysmyellow.jpg
    Ysmyellow.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
laika said:
you're welcome, softgrey.

I agree about the red. :heart: I've always dreamed of that kind of thing becoming popular--would be so cool to see people running around the city like real urban nomads! :P I don't think New Yorkers are ready to embrace it though.

Here a few more pics from elle.com.

I saw these two at Takashimaya.
i love that first one. how much do they run?

I didn't look at the price, but according to Elle, it should be $280.00, and supposedly also stocked at Yohji in NYC. :flower:

that ios soio cheap for something cute and by yohji...
is the store in soho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->