Coming Soon by Yohji Yamamoto

^If you read the article, you will see that the collection will be shown in January during men's fashion week.

i'm very concern about the material used for this line.. yohji is known for his scratchy knits, burlap feel suits...etc - low quality materials

I don't have a subscription to post the full article, unfortunately...

From WWD:

Yamamoto's Coming Soon Is Here
Friday, January 18, 2008
By Miles Socha with contributions by Katya Foreman
PARIS — Coming Soon — Yohji Yamamoto's most casual and affordable offering yet — has arrived.

The new contemporary collection, licensed to Italian manufacturer SINV SpA, is being unveiled here today, with first shipments expected in July.

Just one image so far :flower:

comingsoonclkothesso3.jpg

{blayreport}

oh thanks laika...!
i like what i see ...the blue and white looks so so great!...
but more like spring than fall...
it's supposed to be fall, yes?

wonder if there was womenswear in the show?

have to root around and see if i can come up with any additional info...
i had been so focused on the new york store opening that i had forgotten all about this for the moment..

:P

Last edited by a moderator:
that can't be from the new line - those are pics from the mainline collection from a few summers ago

oh dear...sorry if I made a mistake, all. The same pics have been featured with all the various announcements.

thanks for clarifying, helena...:blush:

This video and article just came in about the new collection on Vogue.com

YAMAMOTO'S COMING SOON
spacer.gif
YOHJI YAMAMOTO and Italian design licensing company Sinv Spa have joined forces to launch a new 'super casual' capsule collection, COMING SOON, offering contemporary clothes for men and women that are not about branding - just cool, off-duty design. The first collection, comprising of 170 pieces for men and 200 for women, is casual, comfortable, stylish and - despite being designed to look simple - carefully constructed with the sophisticated detailing that Yamamoto is known for. Not available to buy until July this year, the collection is currently being shown via video link on YouTube. In fact, shunning the catwalk, COMING SOON plans to continue making short films for the next few seasons, choosing different cities, each with a unique group of choreographers and new dancers showcasing the clothes through movement and expression. Click here to watch the first film, COMING SOON - London, for autumn/winter 2008-9, directed by Max Vadukul. (February 5 2008, AM) http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=50350

thanks for the news and video link Eiko!

its nice that they mentioned this new division is 'not about branding'.
which is definately a positive aspect.

interested to see and learn more about the collection...

is her jacket reversed?
they show the tag...
definitely love the anonymity of it

thanks for the news and video link Eiko!

its nice that they mentioned this new division is 'not about branding'.
which is definately a positive aspect.

interested to see and learn more about the collection...

I love sharing! :D Can't wait to see the actual pieces and the upcoming season's video.

The video felt a bit silly But Im always one to fall for Yamamoto hype.

thank you so much for the video! :woot:

The video was so weird but I love the collection ^_^

after watching the video

the real stuff better be BETTER !!!

this is regressive , ethereal crap . enuff !!!

love it! (although i do get the feeling this would look best on someone tall, hence not me)

thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->