Gucci 'Lido' Summer 2024 by Anthony Seklaoui

I don’t hate it. For such an uninspired assortment of products, it’s appropriately accessible. The underwater product shots aren’t all hitting, but I like the shot with the Jackie and the ball cap, with models present.

Gucci is so unmoored right now, though. Each campaign (Lido, womenswear, loafers, jewelry, Valigeria, etc) almost feels like a separate brand.

Last edited:
It's a good idea, but it's for the wrong brand. Something like this would work for Jacquemus, not Gucci. For a brand of this calibre, there should be glistening supermodels lounging on yacht with a Gucci bag and glass of champagne, not at a pool in someone's backyard. At the end of the day Gucci is still a high end luxury label. They shouldn't be trying so desperately to cater to this demographic. Sell the fantasy of Gucci. Give people something to aspire to be. Nobody wants this kind of Gucci, and that's been proven with sinking sales. It's time for everyone at the brand to step it up, otherwise it's game over.

Aww fun but it's not Gucci. Nor it is aspirational. What I have problem with Gucci is that they are so oblivion to self-aware and market research. They wanted to target younger demographics but they are doing all the wrong things. As much as I hate Virginie's Chanel. They do sell to lots of younger Chanel generation. And it's not really about the campaign but it's in merchandising. Gucci store is as boring as it gets. The products are just not worthy and they think masking it with a cheapss fun campaign would make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->