Model Casting F/W 06.07

Mr-Dale said:
Wow, what a fantastic job you did! Instant karma :heart:

All I am thinking now is, who the hell is Mariya Markina :unsure:

Mariya Markina is the girl who opened and closed Jil Sander; also she opened and closed Paco Rabanne. Jil Sander is one of the best designers for launching a model's career; Freja started out with an only girl Jil Sander campaign, and Bette Franke did a Jil Sander exclusive last year. And those two are some of the hottest models of the moment.

^ Ahh her! Yes, now I know who she is, thanks :flower:

I definitely think it could be a sign of things to come.

I definitely appreciate the ranking lists because I look at the show images and see certain girls and wonder just what exactly they are doing and also the caliber of their shows. It's great to see Hilary and Natasha both doing well!

Lets predict style.com's top ten models list..

Last year was Hilary Rhoda, Heather Bratton, Elena Baguci, Freja Beha, Snejana Onopka, Michaela Hlavackova, Julia Dunstall, Tanya Dziahileva, Lesley Masson, Sasha Pivovarova

And note that they don't usually repeat girls.. its usually the "break out" faces of the season..

I'm going to say.

For sure -

- Bette Franke
- Irina Lazareanu

Most likely -

- Rachel Alexander
- Coco Rocha
- Behati Prinsloo

Good chance -

- Mariya Markina

-----

Anyone else? I know I'm missing tons of new girls.. there were lots of them this season it seems..

i could see du juan making the list...maybe milana bogolepova^

yes!! Du Juan would be a most likely and so would Milana... I'm not sure where I saw Milana but she seemed to be everywhere as well..

thanks

For sure -

- Bette Franke
- Irina Lazareanu

Most likely -

- Milana Bogelepova
- Du Juan
- Rachel Alexander
- Coco Rocha
- Behati Prinsloo

Good chance -

- Mariya Markina

Put Behati in the definite category. She had a better season than Bette or Irina. Most likely Anna Maria Urajevskaya; she opened and closed Prada, which is the biggest career starter for a model. Patricia Schmid and Ana Mihajlovic, also most likely, imo. I wouldn't say that Rachel Alexander would be on there.
Other more remote possibilities:
Tatiana Usova, Drielle Valeretta, Ekaterina Kashyntseva, Anna Kuznetsova, Heidi Verster

Callidora said:
Put Behati in the definite category. She had a better season than Bette or Irina. Most likely Anna Maria Urajevskaya; she opened and closed Prada, which is the biggest career starter for a model. Patricia Schmid and Ana Mihajlovic, also most likely, imo. I wouldn't say that Rachel Alexander would be on there.
Other more remote possibilities:
Tatiana Usova, Drielle Valeretta, Ekaterina Kashyntseva, Anna Kuznetsova, Heidi Verster

Oh nvm.. I'm just putting all the girls in one group lol :P .. there's too many gray areas (but come to think of it you're def right about Behati)... and I'm betting Du Juan is a definate too.. but then I'm not sure.. its just instinct. Anna Maria Urajevskaya is going to be big I think, but she is in Sasha's shoes like last F/W 05.06.. and Sasha didn't make their list until S/S 06 because she didn't do enough shows I guess in F/W 05.06

My long list with your inputs.. I completely forgot about Patricia Schmid, and Anna K, Ekaterina and Drielle.. are they new?

My list (everyone should make their own.. it'll be fun to compare no? :flower: .. sort of like predicting the Oscars.. but not really :lol: )

- Bette Franke
- Irina Lazareanu
- Milana Bogelepova
- Patricia Schmid
- Du Juan
- Rachel Alexander
- Coco Rocha
- Behati Prinsloo
- Mariya Markina
- Ana Mihjlovic

my alternates

- Tatiana Usova
- Anna Kuznetsova
- Han Hye Jin
- Anna Maria Urajevskaya

well...ekaterina has been around for a pretty long time, but she only did dior and galliano for awhile, with a few other shows here and there..this season and last were definetly big in terms of how many shows she did...i think this is drielle's second season....the other ones i'm not sure about

Jssy is right about Ekaterina, she has been modelling for a long time. She has a Helmut Lang campaign from a few years ago.

Im not sure about Drielle, shes not "Fresh" enough, shes been around for a while.

CharlottefromCA said:
Oh nvm.. I'm just putting all the girls in one group lol :P .. there's too many gray areas (but come to think of it you're def right about Behati)... and I'm betting Du Juan is a definate too.. but then I'm not sure.. its just instinct. Anna Maria Urajevskaya is going to be big I think, but she is in Sasha's shoes like last F/W 05.06.. and Sasha didn't make their list until S/S 06 because she didn't do enough shows I guess in F/W 05.06

My long list with your inputs.. I completely forgot about Patricia Schmid, and Anna K, Ekaterina and Drielle.. are they new?

My list (everyone should make their own.. it'll be fun to compare no? :flower: .. sort of like predicting the Oscars.. but not really :lol: )

- Bette Franke
- Irina Lazareanu
- Milana Bogelepova
- Patricia Schmid
- Du Juan
- Rachel Alexander
- Coco Rocha
- Behati Prinsloo
- Mariya Markina
- Ana Mihjlovic

my alternates

- Tatiana Usova
- Anna Kuznetsova
- Han Hye Jin
- Anna Maria Urajevskaya

Good idea, I think, to lump them all together, too hard otherwise, lol. I think my list would look just like yours, except I would probably subsitute Rachel Alexander with Tatiana Usova. I'm not quite sure about Anna Maria, because Sasha did a Prada/Miu Miu exclusive in her first season, whereas Anna walked for a good handful of decent shows in Paris.

I also wouldn't rule them putting some comeback girls on there; Angela Lindvall did really well this season. It would be a stretch, but I wouldn't competely rule out Daria either.

I also find it interesting that the style.com list is not always a great indicator of the next big thing...Elena Baguci, Lesly Masson, and Michaela Hlavackvova didn't exactly explode this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is Irina Lazareanu from and how old is she? I keep hearing people refering to her as an "old" model...I LOVE her walk though

Irina isnt new, shes just hitting it big and getting noticed now.

Shes Polish, lived in Montreal, Canada for a while, then to London.

Callidora, if you still have your calculations, may I ask where Danijela Dimitrovska placed on the list? :flower:

I thought she did more shows than Mona for instance, but I guess she did more small shows/shows you didn't count.

Thx yourbestfriend for the info on Irina. Why is she just now getting famous now ? Kinda odd...I would think they would want to have girls while theyre younger. Well thx a lot!

JJohnson said:
Thx yourbestfriend for the info on Irina. Why is she just now getting famous now ? Kinda odd...I would think they would want to have girls while theyre younger. Well thx a lot!

Models can work for years and then just out of nowhere explode... Daria for example modelled for a couple of years and didn't do much and then she got Prada and now.. yeah she's everywhere. I'm not sure what Irina's story is though.. I think she's invovled in music somehow, sort of builds up her image in the fashion industry I think as rock girl.. and then she got the cover of Feb Italian Vogue by Meisela and now she's huge.

OlgaKorbut said:
Callidora, if you still have your calculations, may I ask where Danijela Dimitrovska placed on the list? :flower:

I thought she did more shows than Mona for instance, but I guess she did more small shows/shows you didn't count.

Yeah she didn't place; she only started appearing in Paris, and I think everyone on this list had to appear in at least 2 cities.

Olga, I had Danijela ranked higher in total than Mona. But like you said, it obviously depends on what shows you count and how you rank them. Danijela's only big Milan show was Jil Sander, but I counted lesser shows as well, and she did much better than Mona in Paris, so I ended up with something like this:

Danijela: Andrew Gn, Ann Demeulemeester, Antonio Marras, Barbara Bui, Cacharel, Christian Wijnants, Costume National, Jil Sander, Junko Shimada, Kenzo, Laura Biagiotti, Louis Vuitton, Maurizio Pecoraro, Miu Miu, Paola Frani, Sonia Rykiel, Sophia Kokosalaki, Veronique Branquinho, Yohji Yamamoto

Mona: Atsuro Tayama, Barbara Bui, Behnaz Sarapfour, Costello Tagliapetra, Costume National, DKNY, Isabel Marant, Kenzo, Leonard, Max Azria, Myself, Nina Ricci, Tsumori Chisato, Veronique Leroy, VPL, Y-3.

fleur137 said:
hi! i just disagree a bit with how you ranked them in the first list. If Doutzen and Tanya D had the same number of points in list #1, then shouldn't they be ranked the same? like both of them as #33? cos how did you decide who was 33 and 34?

hmm...interesting point. Callidora?

Average points per show is total points divided by # of shows.
For example, take Tanya Dziahileva. She scored a total of 124 points, ranking #33 on the previous list. Doutzen Kroes who is #34, also earned 124 points. However, Tanya only did 22 shows, while Doutzen did 29 shows. That means that Doutzen's average points per show is 4.28, while Tanya averages 5.64 points per show.

For Tanya, I multiplied 5.64x124 to get 699.36
For Doutzen, it's 4.28x124=530.72

Therefore, on this final list, Tanya moves up to #25 because she's done higher quality shows, while Doutzen moves down one place to #35.

it's all said here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->