Model Casting F/W 06.07

I think the Style.com top 10 will be:

Du Juan - Style anounced her hugeness last season, so now that she exploded, I am sure she will be on the list.

Tanya Dziahileva - Although she was on the list last time as well, I think she will be on it again, because of her omnipresence. Kim Noorda has been on the list three times in a row, so nothing is impossible.

Danijela Dimitrovska - She only started in Paris, but so did Hilary last season and she was on the list too then. This girl turned some heads so she is def there.

Irina Lazareanu - I don't think I have to explain why she will be on the list.

Patricia Schmid - She had a pretty good first (?) season and some good deals with big mags already (such as Vogue) so perhaps out of a business aspect she will make the list.

Coco Rocha - Another head-turner on this seasons runway. Style.com probably noticed her too.

Anna Maria Urajevskaya - They always put the Prada girls on the Style.com list, so this time it's no exception.

Tatiana Usova - A gorgeous girl who stood out for me and there is no doubt she stood out at Style.com as well.

Behati Prinsloo - Explosion alert! She is absolutely there.

Rachel Alexander - No doubt they'll make a spiffy comment on her bob in her little phrase in that top ten. Perhaps even only so that they can make that spiffy comment, she will be on this list.

I hope I got some right!

Great List Mr.Dale!! And great comments... I think Tanya does have a good chance of re-entering.. I was looking back at the old lists and they usually do relist one girl. Kim Noorda as you mentioned.. and also Marina Peres was on it twice in a row I think... I think Maybe Hilary Rhoda might be on it again since last season she only exploded in Paris and she probably only marginally made the list (only like 8 shows last season).. this season she did around 60.

You don't think Bette Franke will be on the list though? I thought she was a sure thing along with Irina, Du Juan, and Behati Prinsloo.

^ Thanks Charlotte :flower:

I was torn between Bette and Rachel, but I figured that Rachel would make it to the list, because of her bob and Bette wouldn't because perhaps she is a bit too childish in her face.... Not that I don't like her, but it seemed logical to me :P

dunno if rachel and patricia will get on the list, they arent listed on the site at all in the model section.

O'kay, I get it, but what happened to all the black models during casting?

I think it just takes a while for style.com to get the girl's names up since is such an ongoing process and it probably isn't one of their top priorities. I know Hilary and Heather Bratton weren't on the style.com's database until they appeared on their top 10 list.

miggyy said:
O'kay, I get it, but what happened to all the black models during casting?

I have no idea.. the only black model that gets a lot of catwalk time is Liya. Givenchy used a bunch of black models to open their show, but that was a HUGE exception and it was really a statement. Black models are more prevalent in US (Marc Jacobs is more diverse than most shows, strange how that doesn't translate to Vuitton though).. but European catwalks.. almost no black models yeah..

I'm glad at least there's a recent surge in Asian models adding some diversity at least.

Mr-Dale said:
^ Thanks Charlotte :flower:

I was torn between Bette and Rachel, but I figured that Rachel would make it to the list, because of her bob and Bette wouldn't because perhaps she is a bit too childish in her face.... Not that I don't like her, but it seemed logical to me :P

maybe lol.. who knows.. these lists aren't exactly scientific. I don't even know their criteria.. for all we know they'll put Daria on the list for her "comeback"

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that is a huge possiblilty charlotte...i never thought of that

Bette will definitely be on the list, imo. I think Bette and Behati are the next big things. Those are the two new girls who totally kicked some of the more established girls off the top of the list this season.

And I agree that Daria and Angela could very well be on the list as having great comebacks; especially considering Vogue's obsession with Daria.

Yeah ! More people should make lists.. before style.com posts their official one.. it'll be fun cmon!! ^_^

^ :clap:

By the way, style.com has updated their model database already. Most of the girls that have been added only have 2 pages of photos, which supports our statements that there are too many new models pushing out the chances for the girls that were up and coming last few seasons....

It was stated in Kim Noorda's thread that she was taken off the style list too. :huh:

I agree on Bette Franke, Patricia Schmid, Tanya D, and hopefully Irina Lazareanu being on there.

^ It is true! :shock:

They've removed girls before. Ai's was removed when she stopped modeling, Kamila Sczwazinka's got removed as well last year. And when you checkl back the archives of the Style.com Top 10 New Faces, you'll find that some of the girls that are on those lists got removed as well, while they still have their portfolios. Like here:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2002RTW/editor/040202/index.html

Click on their heads and you'll end up in their portfolios, but when you check the list you will see that Eva Jay, Zuzana, Ives K, Valery and Maja aren't on there anymore. So weird.

I really don't know how style.com compile their lists. There's a major difference between merely walking for Miu Miu + Prada or 20 shows like Cacharel, Barbara Bui and Branquinho. And then I also don't know about the status of a girl like Mina Cvetkovic, who was all over New York and completely seemed to have vanished when fashionweek hit Paris and Milan.

I think at least a few of this list will land in the actual top 10, the first girls more than the other. There were so many this season!

Bette Franke - Much to my surprise she is the it girl of this season. She made it to all the big shows, I don't know how she managed to do so in terms of time.
Anna Maria Urajevskaya - Suffice to say she's a Prada-girl.
Coco Rocha - I'm not sure how long she's gonna last but it's clear she's going to be seen a lot this year.
Mariya Markina - Jil Sander-opener. For a newcomer it's rather uncommon to walk shows like Valentino, YSL and Rochas.
Irina Lazareanu - Far from new yet very successful, she's definitely in there.
Eva Helene Skarvig - Prada, Miu Miu, Chloé, Sportmax. She simply deserves a place in the top 10.
Johanna Jonsson - Jil Sander, Chloé, Ann Dem, Kenzo. It felt as if I saw her in every corner of Paris.
Charlotte di Calipe - Where wasn't she? Personally I'm not really feeling her, though it depends on make up and styling.
Patricia Schmid - She was everywhere.
Danijela Dimitrovksa - Again surprised to see someone this much around.
Flavia Luccini - Miu Miu, Jil Sander, Cacharel.
Eva Poloniova - Other than Marc and Marni she hasn't done a lot spectacular shows but apparently there's a buzz about her. :rolleyes:
Yana Karpova - Miu Miu, Dries, Marni.
Lara Stone - She got to close a good couple shows! Though she only did Paris, she was to be seen at some of the best. Miu Miu, Ann Dem, Cacharel.
Suzanne Diaz - Didn't do a huge amount of shows, but she was at both Miu Miu and Prada.
Carol Sippel - Givenchy, Marc, Vuitton, Rochas, Vera Wang.
Egle Tvirbutaite - D&G, Dolce, all the better NY catwalks.
Michaela Kocianova - Ann Dem, Rochas, Yohji.

My personal new face top 10 would contain:
Eva Helene Skarvig, Lara Stone, Johanna Jonsson, Sophie Vlaming [is she still new? I sort of lost my objective judgement :lol:], Bette Franke, Svetlana Kozelkova, Barbara Garcia, Gersande Coudyser, Helen Feskens and Thais dos Santos.
:P

Based on style.com's previous lists with some new-new girls, some 2nd seasoners, and one or two that aren't even newish but had a breakthrough season, I'm guessing the list will be made up from this group of girls:

Anna Mariya Urajevskaya
Behati Prinsloo
Bette Franke
Coco Rocha
Du Juan
Hilary Rhoda
Irina Lazareanu
Leah de Wavrin
Mariya Markina
Patricia Schmid
Rachel Alexander
Snejana Onopka
Tanya Dziahileva

They've put girls on the list twice before, but I noticed that there weren't any repeats on the s/s 06 list, so maybe that eliminates Hilary, Sneja, and Tanya...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->