Models Who Aren't That Tall

It really does seem like shorter girls are appearing more and more on the runway. A welcome change.

Disagree, I don't think Lexi would have any reason to lie and say that her agency lies about her height if she really was 5'11. I Maartje and Mica are definitely 5'10, so judging from these pictures Lexi is telling the truth. Even when Mica is in platforms Lexi towers. Karlie is actually more like 6'2,6'3.

In 1-2 inch heels while Julia is in proper heels

Disagree back..
Take a look at that Julia/Lexi/Suvi-combo you grabbed. Julia is 5'10.5" (nothing more, don't add an inch) and Suvi is 181 flat footed, same height as Alana Zimmer and Kim Noorda.
You can quite clearly see there's little to no difference there and that's the best picture you've posted for comparison.
That photo with Harleth (?) is unbelievable redundant considering the dramatic angle. The one with Julia backstage at Prada is OK, but then, you'll see there's a matter of a few cms there, max.
I regret bringing Karlie up in this thread considering her height and it seems to be an ongoing thing with her, but SHE is 6'1", to which she'll tell you herself. She is not 6'2" or 6'3" or 6'4" and so on and so on.
So, either she's lying or Lexi is :woot:
On that note too, models exaggerating their height is nothing new, if I recall correctly, Nicole Pollard told the world she's six-feet-two-and-three-quarter-inches tall :lol:
With one-and-one-half inch flip flops maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree back..
Take a look at that Julia/Lexi/Suvi-combo you grabbed. Julia is 5'10.5" (nothing more, don't add an inch) and Suvi is 181 flat footed, same height as Alana Zimmer and Kim Noorda.
You can quite clearly see there's little to no difference there and that's the best picture you've posted for comparison.
That photo with Harleth (?) is unbelievable redundant considering the dramatic angle. The one with Julia backstage at Prada is OK, but then, you'll see there's a matter of a few cms there, max.
I regret bringing Karlie up in this thread considering her height and it seems to be an ongoing thing with her, but SHE is 6'1", to which she'll tell you herself. She is not 6'2" or 6'3" or 6'4" and so on and so on.
So, either she's lying or Lexi is :woot:
On that note too, models exaggerating their height is nothing new, if I recall correctly, Nicole Pollard told the world she's six-feet-two-and-three-quarter-inches tall :lol:
With one-and-one-half inch flip flops maybe.

Well we can agree to disagree. You said Julia was 5'11 in your first post and now you have changed it to 5'10.5. Julia is 100% 5'11 and when I saw Hanne, Julia, Lexi, Binx and Anna in Paris I can tell you that Lexi is definitely a couple of inches taller.
14533668_566262440228593_938927125610627072_n.jpg

instagram/catmcneil

A person who is 5-10,5 in the evening can easily be 5-11 in the morning, so everyone is right and wrong re. Julia:flower: Congratulation!

It really does seem like shorter girls are appearing more and more on the runway. A welcome change.

I'm not a fan of that new trend. The girls who are really short stand out negatively during the shows... for example Sara at Tory Burch and Elie Saab. I wouldn't mind it if it was half the girls who were this short, and the other half with classic model height. But when you have one or two super short girls in a show, it's just weird.
Also, let's not fool ourselves... because it seems like the short girls are only the well-connected one and/or instagram famous.

Karlie has 6'2 written in her instagram bio.

Which could mean she is 6-1,5 and is rounding off, making everyone right.

It is a bit silly to argue over an inch, seeing as most of us shrink and un-shrink every 24 hours... It is perfectly possible to be 6-2 in the morning and 6-1 in the evening.

Vera van Erp is a shortie too, isn't she?

I remember I said it already in this thread but yeah, Karlie wrote 6'2 in her Instagram bio, and trust me, there's no doubt about it, she really is. I've been to PFW a few times and she's the tallest girl I've ever seen. She simply towers everybody and is not even comparable to any other model, at least from the all the ones I've seen. It's quite impressive to witness honestly!

I remember in an old interview with Into the Gloss she said she was 6'1.5, and if I remember correctly, before that point she was always listed as 5'11 (even though we knew that wasn't true). So yes, saying 6'2 is practically the same thing!

Well we can agree to disagree. You said Julia was 5'11 in your first post and now you have changed it to 5'10.5. Julia is 100% 5'11 and when I saw Hanne, Julia, Lexi, Binx and Anna in Paris I can tell you that Lexi is definitely a couple of inches taller.

We can't agree to disagree because I don't agree :bounce: I've seen Julia a few times in person, mostly with heels in a line up but once when she was wearing chucks which we all know have almost zero sole, and she was only very slightly taller than me at 5'9", certainly nothing significant. I've seen her with Magda Fraçkowiak who is 5'11" flat and she's shorter than her, hence why I put her at 5'10.5", max.

Which could mean she is 6-1,5 and is rounding off, making everyone right.

It is a bit silly to argue over an inch, seeing as most of us shrink and un-shrink every 24 hours... It is perfectly possible to be 6-2 in the morning and 6-1 in the evening.

Easily! :lol:

Vera van Erp is a shortie too, isn't she?

I remember I said it already in this thread but yeah, Karlie wrote 6'2 in her Instagram bio, and trust me, there's no doubt about it, she really is. I've been to PFW a few times and she's the tallest girl I've ever seen. She simply towers everybody and is not even comparable to any other model, at least from the all the ones I've seen. It's quite impressive to witness honestly!

She is impressive, and her proportions make her more so, but I take you never got to see Kirsi or Marikka Juhler then :flower:

We can't agree to disagree because I don't agree :bounce: I've seen Julia a few times in person, mostly with heels in a line up but once when she was wearing chucks which we all know have almost zero sole, and she was only very slightly taller than me at 5'9", certainly nothing significant. I've seen her with Magda Fraçkowiak who is 5'11" flat and she's shorter than her, hence why I put her at 5'10.5", max.

Easily! :lol:

She is impressive, and her proportions make her more so, but I take you never got to see Kirsi or Marikka Juhler then :flower:

Except that you didn't..you may want to go back and read your first post on the matter, which was that you believed Lexi was only 5'11 because she was the exact same height as Issa..and Julia id taller than Issa, when I saw her in real life snd in pictures so unless their heights have significantly changed since last September than you are contradicting yourself. You can see in that Isabel Marant picture that Lexi is taller than Cat who you put at 5'11. There is no way you could tell if someone is 5'10.5 or 5'11. It is 1cm.

I can't be bothered arguing about this because it is dumb. The original point was that people thought Gigi must be short because Lexi is taller in flats than Gigi is in 4+ inch heels. I stick to my original point which is that Gigi is not short, it is just that Lexi is 6'1, which she has confirmed herself and was listed at by her original agency.

Except that you didn't..you may want to go back and read your first post on the matter, which was that you believed Lexi was only 5'11 because she was the exact same height as Issa..and Julia id taller than Issa, when I saw her in real life snd in pictures so unless their heights have significantly changed since last September than you are contradicting yourself. You can see in that Isabel Marant picture that Lexi is taller than Cat who you put at 5'11. There is no way you could tell if someone is 5'10.5 or 5'11. It is 1cm.

I can't be bothered arguing about this because it is dumb. The original point was that people thought Gigi must be short because Lexi is taller in flats than Gigi is in 4+ inch heels. I stick to my original point which is that Gigi is not short, it is just that Lexi is 6'1, which she has confirmed herself and was listed at by her original agency.

How am I contradicting myself? You're saying I originally said that Lexi was 5'11". Yes, and I'll say it again if need be because she is.
And Julia isn't taller than Issa, who's as tall as Cat, unless Julia's suddenly had a growth spurt.
Also, know your heights, someone who is 5'10.5" can be almost 3cm shorter than someone who is 5'11" considering that's 180-182cm.

There's a myriad of models, who before Lexi, have exaggerated their heights, why is it so shocking? And don't even start on the agencies thing. Should we compile a list of models whose heights have been incorrectly listed by any number of agencies who've represented them? :blink:

How am I contradicting myself? You're saying I originally said that Lexi was 5'11". Yes, and I'll say it again if need be because she is.
And Julia isn't taller than Issa, who's as tall as Cat, unless Julia's suddenly had a growth spurt.
Also, know your heights, someone who is 5'10.5" can be almost 3cm shorter than someone who is 5'11" considering that's 180-182cm.

There's a myriad of models, who before Lexi, have exaggerated their heights, why is it so shocking? And don't even start on the agencies thing. Should we compile a list of models whose heights have been incorrectly listed by any number of agencies who've represented them? :blink:

:rofl: an inch is 2.5cm so half an inch is 1.25..I do not know how you derive 3cm from half an inch! Gigi is absolutely not 5'7. She is at least 5'8-5'9. So if Lexi is taller in flats than a 5'9 girl in heels then Lexi is 6'1, as she and her old agency have said. I;m done.

:rofl: an inch is 2.5cm so half an inch is 1.25..I do not know how you derive 3cm from half an inch! Gigi is absolutely not 5'7. She is at least 5'8-5'9. So if Lexi is taller in flats than a 5'9 girl in heels then Lexi is 6'1, as she and her old agency have said. I;m done.

:blink: I don't even know where you've gotten yourself lost. What's 3cm to half an inch got to do with anything? I said 'someone who is 5'10.5" can be almost 3cm shorter than someone who is 5'11" - i.e. someone who is 182cm (or at the taller end of 5'11").
The main reason I know Lexi isn't 6'1" is because she's not as tall as Karlie or Frida or any of those giants, unless they're all 6'4" :rolleyes:
Go on, run and do your checks..

Just as a humble note, 5'11 is 180cm, not 182cm.

5'11" is not 1cm, so....you check too :woot:

:blink: I don't even know where you've gotten yourself lost. What's 3cm to half an inch got to do with anything? I said 'someone who is 5'10.5" can be almost 3cm shorter than someone who is 5'11" - i.e. someone who is 182cm (or at the taller end of 5'11").
The main reason I know Lexi isn't 6'1" is because she's not as tall as Karlie or Frida or any of those giants, unless they're all 6'4" :rolleyes:
Go on, run and do your checks..

5'11" is not 1cm, so....you check too :woot:
No they can't...that is pretty basic maths (which I have a Master's in if you would like to question me on it). 5'10.5 and 5'11 are half an inch apart. An inch is 2.5 cm and half an inch is 1.25cm. No one who even slightly comprehends numeracy could think that two units with half an inch difference (which is 1.25cm) could be 3 cm apart. There is no 'taller end' of 5'11 or range of cm. 180.34 cm is 5'11, 5'10 is 177.8, 5'9 is 175, 6 foot is 182.88...do you see how there now cannot be 3cm difference between people half an inch apart? 182 would be 5'11.5 (6) when you are rounding to half inches. Seriously I used to hear some dumb stuff as a maths tutor but this is beyond.

Oh and just gonna leave this new picture here of Lexi being her non-giant self :rofl:

Carolinaherrera

1. I repeat, you can be 5'11 in the morning and 5'10 in the evening, so unless you define what you are discussing any discussion about the final inch is pointless.

2. When measuring height 0,25 cm is a perfectly reasonable uncertainty. So calling a half inch 1 cm, not 1,25 cm is not completely unreasonable.

2. A tall 5'10 means 5'10.9 and a small 5'10 could be 5'10.1. 5'10 only has "one size" in maths, but not in everyday languge, where a small and tall 5'10 exist.

So to summarize: everyone is right, everyone is wrong and you are discussing semantics at this point.

Are semantics worth arguing about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrankBo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->