Sports Illustrated Swimusit Edition 2007 : Beyonce Knowles

I don't have anything against Beyonce. In fact, I like the cover. SI swimsuit edition covers have been too gimmicky recently and somewhat boring.

I just think that the Swimsuit edition cover should be a model b/c the SI cover is HUGE for a model. It's all over the press and can really help their careers, i.e. Tyra, Heidi and Rebecca Romijn. And it's only once a year. A Molly Sims, Jessica Miller or Jessica White (love her!) should have been on the cover. They have curves and have paid their dues in this magazine (and I know paying your dues shouldn't matter).

And yes they'll sell a lot of covers with a Beyonce, but a banging cover of any of the above models would sell well too. Guys love Beyonce, but they love Jessica Miller, et al too!

gia0202 said:
you really think oluchi would sell as many issues as beyonce?? who gets the cover is based on who can sell it. that is why beyonce was chosen. there is no ethical code of when models must be used in publishing. its not a fashion mag. the only reason why some of these girls have jobs is that some men want to see them half naked--nothing else. so happens they want to see beyonce half naked more.

:lol: Agree!!

SI a fashion mag? NOT!!! It's just Playboy at the beach...:lol:

LeBelAge said:
:lol: Agree!!

SI a fashion mag? NOT!!! It's just Playboy at the beach...:lol:

love it!! "playboy at the beach"
haha!

yet again, another celebutante on the cover of a magazine, at this rate they will be walking the runways of versace, Ralph Lauren, etc....

Damn Beyonce...God.

So glad to see Jessica White though. I've never heard her speak until the video on the site. So cute.:woot:

I didn't know Selita was allowed for SI. The girls look absolutely amazing. Gorgeous curves. Give me any of them on the cover anyday, except Beyonce overrated ***.:sick: :yuk: :angry:

I don't see why any of you are suprised... I mean, tFsers and fashion insiders are the only ones who care about models these days. It's the era of the celebrity now, and dudes know and love Beyonce.

i thin kits because someone like beyonce doesn't appeal to women. i thin kits too overt for us and she takes on the role of competitor. models are these far-away concepts. we never would expect to look like them, and they have their niches. beyonce is a regular girl that happens to be hotter than all the other regular girls.

Beyoncé looks amazing! Her body is like a perfect button. However that swimsuit is wrong!

gia0202 said:
gisele and karolina look waaaay more like trannies than beyonce.i don't know why people think si is so sacred. and with all the models dropping dead, maybe they need a break.

:lol::lol:

the whole issue looks hilarious, I dont mind Beyonce at all, in fact, I couldnt care less. :P
...but the inside photos! :lol: ...they look like an old catalogue from the 80s, whoever shot them. and the bikinis are HUGE :lol: ..it's boring but the fact that it's supposed to be a sexy issue makes it hilarious.. they should flip through Número or something. :ninja:

Trista said:
To me this is blasphemy! SI is one of the biggest accomplishments that a model can get and to put a CELEB on the cover?!? BERK!:shock: :angry: :sick: Not only that but you would probably sell more magazines if you put even Ana Beatriz on the cover, and this should have gone to one of the Fernandas, Bridget, or best of all Marissa.

I stopped reading the thread after your post. I couldn't agree more. I am so mad that they put Beyonce on the cover:angry: One of the last covers that featured models and they chose her?!?! Marissa is the best SI model, she deserves a cover. Sorry for my rant:blush:

gia0202 said:
you really think oluchi would sell as many issues as beyonce?? who gets the cover is based on who can sell it. that is why beyonce was chosen. there is no ethical code of when models must be used in publishing. its not a fashion mag. the only reason why some of these girls have jobs is that some men want to see them half naked--nothing else. so happens they want to see beyonce half naked more.

I'm sorry to disagree, I don't think Beyonce is necessarily a big seller. Men would buy the issue regardless. But I think they'd be even further enticed with a hot BIKINI MODEL on the cover. Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

Sports Illustrated 2007 (HQ)
Scanned by Neo52285 @ WFT

Please do not remove Neos's tags please, and give him credit if you plan to post these images elsewhere. Thanks! :flower:

ShannonMc said:
I'm sorry to disagree, I don't think Beyonce is necessarily a big seller. Men would buy the issue regardless. But I think they'd be even further enticed with a hot BIKINI MODEL on the cover. Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

I couldn't disagree with you more. So you are saying Giselle, Karina, whoever, would sell more than Beyonce, on the cover?:lol: WOW! I understand that you all want models on these covers, but you have to remember politics. It doesnt make sense to think a model will sell more than a A-list celebrity like Beyonce.

Crakk said:
I couldn't disagree with you more. So you are saying Giselle, Karina, whoever, would sell more than Beyonce, on the cover?:lol: WOW! I understand that you all want models on these covers, but you have to remember politics. It doesnt make sense to think a model will sell more than a A-list celebrity like Beyonce.
Really? I think Gisele or even Karolina to a lesser extent could sell just as much if not more copies of SI then say Beyonce. Normally I would say it's because Gisele and Karolina not only appeal to men but also to women and that's why they can sell more (I mean, that's why VS picked them up right?), but I just think that if men want to look at T&A, it doesn't matter who's on the cover as long as she's smokin' hot.

Regardless of everything, I just don't like Beyonce on the cover. Not because it should go to a model or anything, I just don't happen to like her on the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
ur forgetting that compared to beyonce gisele has no t&a. she is built like a surfboard with breasts. karolina is just managing to get as many curves as the avg woman, but nothing spectacular, and her face is an aquired taste. while they get female draws, why is it tragic that for once a woman who is sexy outright gets the job vs some "edgier" model? (remember these girls got made of in school for a reason)

gia0202 said:
ur forgetting that compared to beyonce gisele has no t&a. she is built like a surfboard with breasts. karolina is just managing to get as many curves as the avg woman, but nothing spectacular, and her face is an aquired taste. while they get female draws, why is it tragic that for once a woman who is sexy outright gets the job vs some "edgier" model? (remember these girls got made of in school for a reason)
I'm not saying it should of gone to an "edgier" model. I'm just saying that Sports Illustrated does recycle some of their models and I just think that it would be nice to see them on the cover. A lot of them are waiting for their "big break" so to say. I mean, most of the girls in the magazine have just as much curves as Beyonce. That's why their strutting their stuff on the beach and not walking the runways of Chanel.

As to Gisele being a surfboard, yes, but she knows how to work her angles. I for one am just happy I don't have to see her in Elie Saab with her armpit hanging out.

i really don't know of a single si model that is as curvy as beyonce(excluding yamila and tyra---who are no longer used)---almost all of them just work angles plus, as i heard from men, they can tell the difference i was wondering where noemie went. she looked great in SI

that girl's body looks like crap next to the old tyra---maybe they should start searching for better models.

maybe the problem isn't beyonce vs. the models.. maybe we need better models as a whole, so that beyonce would never be used. they need to find another body lie this. laeticia casta was AMAZING. that was back when models were able to keep all their covers.tyra is not the only one. they must dig harder.
97_tbanks_06.jpg

sportsillustrated.cnn.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->