Addicted to buying fashion magazines, who has the same problem??

peter1980

Reaction score
Im really addicted to buy magazines, i can not leave them in a magazinestore, i have to buy them and bring them home to the other magazines :D
There are some months that i pay between 200 and 350 euro !
Is there somebody here on the fashionspot that maybe has the same?

wow! I don't spend that much money but I am addicted, too.
I know that in Sept. it's gonna be a hard month for me (& my mastercard).
but honestly I just buy art magazines (that cost sooo much!) & fashion magazines. but I'm thinking of suscribing to one or two magazines...but it's hard for me as I love going to the "kiosque", look at the magazines, choose and blablabla...

I totally agree with you guys I.m addicted as well. I used to buy 15 per month, but since I've got little money I cut down on mags. Now I buy 7/8 mags per month. I'm so obsessed with them that if buy a magazine and I notice at home that it is damaged or folded in any way I emediatly buy a new one. Thats why I dont subscribe because you never now in what state you get them in the mail.

There is nothing like a shiny brand new magazine sitting on the newsstand waiting to be bought. Even tough sometimes I regret the purchase; I have a hard time resisting a new issue of my favourite magazine. It initially holds all this promise of exciting features and editorials... and I think that I am more interested in the chase and hunt of obtaining that elusive magazine than actually enjoying it.

mikel I agree with you that it totally sucks to have a torn or damaged magazine. I won't replace it but I hate when that happens.

I'm going through withdrawal right now. :lol:

The worst part is when I got to convenient stores or at Pages, both downtown and I look at the magazine section and just skimming through it and wanting to take it home but I have no money to buy it with. :(

It's September, the worst months for addicts like myself... so many magazines, so little time (and money) to get them all.... :cry:

Oh Peter, I sympathize - I have to limit myself to 10 a month! :rofl:

It's bad...realizing you have finished a new mag is like finishing chocolate cake - you always want more!

:blink:

Limit to 10 a month!?

My dreaaaamm! My mom hates this addiction of mine, she always carrys on about "Magazines, what a waste of money. Think about paying for college instead!"

I need them. Those shiny glossy pages...I just can't stop myself.

I have the same problem. It is because I'm not rich enough to buy all the clothes, its sort of like living vicariously

I do not have this problem ^_^ I subscribe to pretty much all of them, so it takes a pretty exotic newsstand to tempt me :P

Ieva said:
:blink:

Limit to 10 a month!?

My dreaaaamm! My mom hates this addiction of mine, she always carrys on about "Magazines, what a waste of money. Think about paying for college instead!"

I need them. Those shiny glossy pages...I just can't stop myself.

Do we have the same mother? :huh: :lol:

I have the same problem too! The worst thing is that because I live in Greece all the foreign magazines are really expensive, ex. UK Vogue costs about 13$ and US Vogue about 11$:blink:

i am
i just love turn turning the pages of a new magazine , with the glossy pages and the good smell of it :smile:
hihi

i'm not addicted, i only buy march and september issues. when i was 14, i'd buy them like crazy, i was so...bleh. but apart from having little room for them left, i just find them pretty boring most of the time. especially because we get so many crap publications here...if vogue italia was at my reach, now that would be another story....of bankcrupcy. :innocent:

Just used my lunch money to get Vouge Sept. Don't regret it one little bit :D

I have a big problem... :lol:

^I always do that! Or i'll buy a small lunch and save up for Harpers Bazaar and Vogue. And I if don't have enough money, i'll hit up B&N and literally stand in front of the racks for like half and hour thumbing through to see if I actually want to buy them or not. I'm down to 5 a month but its haaaarrrrd. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->