Alexander McQueen S/S 2012 : Zuzanna Bijoch by David Sims

Boring and badly photoshopped. I miss the Fall 2008 type campaigns...

^ditto.
I just don't like the effect(?) of the shots. It's beautiful but not so attractive for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
These shots are beautiful and I'm sure I would enjoy them more, if they didn't look so similar to last season's campaign.

I'd never thought I said someting like this about mcqueen, but... It looks homemade, almost like a student's project.

Like colourness of those pics but whole concept doesn´t look best. Maybe cause it´s not immortal or out of this world, it ´s just lifeless

I must say I'm really shocked, this is beautiful :shock: That first picture has got to be my favorite, she looks like some underwater priestess. If I have any complaints, I don't like the way she's holding up the dress in the second pic but other than that it's lovely :heart:

Just putting it out there....could you imagine of they had done an "ReInterpretation" of this..

tumblr_ll6adotY0k1qcqxy5o1_500.jpg

http://theholycow.tumblr.com

BUT PUT ZUZANNA in the Tank......so she was actually like an Underwater Queen..The McQueen Ad Team need to pull their finger out.

They have more publicity than ever before, one of the greatest collections of the season, one of the most well know designers around the world....and they do this.*Points-to-photoshop-mess-on-page-One.*

Last edited by a moderator:
In the first pic, Zuzanna looks like some kind of Catholic deity. Beautiful ad.

The first and last image are perfect as far as I'm concerned. They remind me of some mystical religious iconographs. The colors are also vey beatiful, I only have a little problem with the second pic.I feel like the dress kinda overpowers Zuzanna. But overall the campaign works really well. The spirit of the collection is perfectly transcribed and the colors are well showcased . Can't wait to see more shots.

I was very disappointed with the ads last time to the point of indifference. The vignette works much stronger than the other two shots. I'm happy to see noise in these, I get exhausted of the idea that photography must be immaculate and therefore without fault of its medium in commercial world.

Very beautiful!!

ITS so UGLY in print......LORD Help us....So bad.....

I'm really passionate about this so I really have to restrain myself from putting my comment full of caps, asterisks, italics and underlined words...

I like this campaign.

Just putting it out there....could you imagine of they had done an "ReInterpretation" of this..

Your are an absolute genius!!! That would have been perfect!!! I just refuse to except mediocrity from McQueen.......

I think it is awesome. Would love to open a page and just get fronted by these images. Feels like a very Gustave Doré take on Dante's Paradiso, especially Beatrice in the later cantos.

PQ4315_13_C3_1868pg274c.jpg

PQ4315_13_C3_1868pg326c.jpg

*WorldofDante.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->