Asia Street Style

Erzébeth II

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing what people wear in other countries and cities like hong kong, china, taiwan, singapore, etc. and how they're different

all i've been able to find so far is a taiwan street chic site that has only 26 pictures http://www.gq.com.tw/streetchic/index.htm

if you have any post please, thanks :D

Not all the people in the pictures are from Taiwan. Some of them are from England:flower:

i think of hk fashion as WAY OTT version of jap street style...
just recently...when I went bk, many:
> patterns~
> the colorful stockinged feet w/ suede boots
> layering
> thick mascara
> cosplay is also in around the area of cwb...so harajukurized!!

Singapore street style is best described as a hybrid or mixture of Japanese, European and US influence but 3 months too late and very much watered down. Oh, and not to mention seasonless, with a perpetually scorching weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
bumping this thread. anyone have any new street style pics from hong kong, singapore, taiwan, etc?

bb-doll said:
i think of hk fashion as WAY OTT version of jap street style...
just recently...when I went bk, many:
> patterns~
> the colorful stockinged feet w/ suede boots
> layering
> thick mascara
> cosplay is also in around the area of cwb...so harajukurized!!

yeah...Hong Kong style, as far as I see it is really a poor man's version of Japanese street style...the influence is very heavy as seen flipping through the pages of local trend magazines such as MILK and EAST TOUCH, but without the uniqueness or originality. It's gotten to the point where a lot of youngsters are just clones, kind of like the Abercrombie look across American campuses, just a different look.

the style i see the most here as far as men's fashion goes is either that "ethnic" look of some kind of patterned vest, an oversize t-shirt, and those horrible pants where they start out really baggy in the thighs then taper heavily from the knees down, and bootleg Birkenstocks. The other extreme is the constantly updated skate/hip hop look which consists of the latest graphic tees from brands such as Bathing Ape/a variety of similar new Japanese street fashion brands ... which literally come out EVERY week with new prints, some baggy Levi's and expensive limited edition sneakers. The latter style I mention requires a lot of money to keep up with, although I'm not really a fan of it as it looks quite shapeless and dull.

The skinny silhouette look is starting to catch on over here based on the magazines' pushing of brands like N. Hoolywood and Lad Musician. But what I'm really disappointed with is how the stores that carry the stuff over here stock the most basic items, it's almost as if this city is really a t-shirt culture. Whenever I go to some store like Joyce and see people browsing through Dior Homme/Junya Watanabe/etc...the first thing people look through is the plain printed t-shirts/tank tops and completely ignore the most interesting pieces where the designer's construction talent really lies, such as jackets and such, or even the more detailed shirts.

:P dress in mainland china way~

juliadawn said:
:P dress in mainland china way~

oh this outfit with the yellow cardigan is cute! ^_^ thanks for the pics, juliadawn!

your pose (standing on top of the toilet) made me laugh! :lol:

whizkit said:
Singapore street style is best described as a hybrid or mixture of Japanese, European and US influence but 3 months too late and very much watered down. Oh, and not to mention seasonless, with a perpetually scorching weather.
maybe that's a little harsh B) but I guess there's some truth in that. still, orchard is a fairly good shopping area, and I miss it. I don't think i'll ever get sick of visiting sg.

I guess I'm exaggerating a little .... but I wished people would dare to be more edgy in singapore.

i totally agree with whizkit about singapore's street style.
even the flea markets here in spore sell the same stuff as each other cos there are only so many places to buy our clothes etc from, discounting the web of course.
i'm always lamenting the lack of seasons, which in a way constricts us with playing with more styles.
i guess one word to describe our style is laidback and very casual.

I'd say the same thing about the Philippines, whizkit...

That logo shirt-jeans-sneakers look. ugh

I'm going to Beijing for a month next week...will post photos if I can!

don't people in Hong Kong generally dress like Japanese people or Japanese wanna-bes... that is my impression..
not bagging them cos I am from Hong Kong myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->