ASOS.com

APRILBDAY2013 just worked for me

ordered this barneys leather jacket and asos dress, hope i won't regret it
anyone ever ordered a barneys leather jacket before? :D

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

source:asos.com

there are some really cute bikinis online. but i don´t know about the sizing. what is "EU36"? Is that something different to "normal" 36? because it says "XS - EU36"

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. I never go by XS, S, M,... if there are also EU sizes written next to the XS-XL.

36 is european sizing...(french, usually- italian is different)
and is the equivalent of a american size 4...
which is an extra small...

ie- i am a 38 (french), 42 (italian), sz 6(american), size small (universal), size 2 (japan)

don't even get me started on shoe sizing...
:lol:...

but normally I buy xs or s and wear 32 or 34 not 36..

From what I experienced with Asos sizing so far...

6=xxs=32/34
8=xs=34/36
10=S=36/38

Always on the smaller side of the scale.

It differs a lot or their own brand. I own dresses from a size 8 to 12 that all fit perfectly. I'd just order both sizes. Shipping is free and they refund you quickly.

yeah---it's confusing...
maybe diesanni is more familiar with asos than i am...
i am only speaking from my personal knowledge and my experience with luxury brands through work...

it gets more complicated as we get more global...
we are going to need to shift over to some universal sizing at some point i think...
:P

i suggest you buy two sizes and send back the one that doesn't fit!
good luck!
*edit*---oh---we had the same suggestion!...hahaha...

i forgot to even include UK sizing...in which i am apparently a 10...:wacko:...

I agree that ASOS tends to run small. I'd say go for the measurements (and google the size charts for other brands) rather than the size itself.

Has anyone any experience with ASOS shoes? What sort of quality are they?

^I have a pair of ASOS wedges and the quality is ok. Plus, they are pretty comfy.

Actually most of my shoes are Asos branded and I love them, some are about 3 years old and still in great condition. They are mostly leather brogues..
Not even near Topshop or H&M quality, more like COS.

I find that their sizing is on the big side and it's probably a strategic one. Being an online-only retailer, people don't get to try the items and to reduce returns, the designs can be ambiguous in fit. By that I mean it doesn't have to fit exactly and still look good.

For me, the first thing I look at when trying things on is the shoulders. I personally wouldn't recommend getting a fitted blazer at ASOS because the items I bought have not had good shoulder constructions however they do look fine slouchy.

Anyone else feel this way?

^I find that it depends on the fabric. Everything made from pure Polyester
tends to be very small. Their cotton-made cloths are usually true to size or a bit oversized. I'm a European size 36 and I always order a size 8 and 10 for everything and see what fits better.

has anyone had issues with their deliveries? I was meant to receive my things on 15th and its 20th yet nothing as yet. When I messaged them they gave me up to 29th yet am travelling on 30th!! Not sure I ll be buying anything else there

has anyone had issues with their deliveries? I was meant to receive my things on 15th and its 20th yet nothing as yet. When I messaged them they gave me up to 29th yet am travelling on 30th!! Not sure I ll be buying anything else there

Express or standard delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->