Attack of the Clones

i find this entertaining!...
:P

kimberwynn- you read my post wrong
i never said red patent- i meant black...the red comes from the sole of the shoe (subtlety baby)
and it's not a sweater- but a sweatshirt---grey and made of fleece...
preferably off the shoulder...

clearly you aren't seeing what i see...
*sigh*

no need to reinvent the wheel...

hmmm...i also have a great long yohji sweater that is off the shoulder with a safety pin that would be great with the skirt and little pointy suede booties...with tights

there are really so many options...

it's a good skirt...imo
:smile:

but i don't think it should ever be worn with anything tucked in...
that is a big no-no...! and the prob with 1/2 the looks...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's that hard to style it better than those 15 girls, some of them have a clue about proportions, which is probably the hardest part, but they actually mess it up in what's possibly the easiest part: making it individual. And that stems from the fact that they dressed up with a camera in mind, knowing it will be photographed and it has to look okay and has to produce enough comments/clicks and be competitive and stand out in a sea of fashion blogs, so they add maybe a pair of sought-after boots to get even more people talking, maybe they need a "statement" necklace too, a "statement" sweater, "statement" bag, maybe some loafers, maybe a clutch instead of a bag. The result is magazine predator and a far echo from the personal taste that hopefully drove them to acquire the skirt in the first place.. which basically sums up the pros and cons of the blogger phenomenon (ordinary girls into fashion [pro] + ordinary girls into fashion that operate reality-show style [con]).

All of my thoughts on this topic exactly. The blogger phenomenon has really increased the number of people carrying clutches and wearing stilettos in the afternoon. If I saw someone like that ten years ago, I would have envied their eccentric lifestyle, but all that's changed :P

does anyone else think it's odd that not one of them tried it with short motor cycle boots?...

the platforms are just :yuk:

So first everybody is complaining about people looking like clones and then the same people complain about the girls wearing a skirt how they like instead of "the right way"?

Lmao no mullet proof you said yourself that it wouldn't be hard to style it better so it makes no sense to backtrack now and call that simplified thinking simply because you were asked to back up your claim. Freedom to criticize doesn't save you from criticism yourself ...such a right-winged way of thinking!

Msmorning -- BINGO! Thank you! You seem to be the only one who gets it here. It's like everyone else is completely brain dead o_O

Soft grey -- the color if the shoe is far from what made your styling ideas derivative -- I've seen every fashion blogger with similar shoes in red, Black and Tan. And I knew exactly what type of sweater you were referring to...sweatshirts are still pullover sweaters FYI. I see exactly what you see...I've just seen it before that's all :smile:. I find this amusing too especially the hypocrisy in this thread.

Pinkpolish - I wouldn't have touched the skirt tbh, it's ugly, but my first instincts upon seeing it were a button down or an off the shoulder sweater...because both are predictable.
Posted via Mobile Device

but i don't think it should ever be worn with anything tucked in...
that is a big no-no...! and the prob with 1/2 the looks...

Agreed. That waist is flattering on no one.

So first everybody is complaining about people looking like clones and then the same people complain about the girls wearing a skirt how they like instead of "the right way"?

How they like? Or how they are being told by the fashion industry to like. Each one of them is a walking trend victim.

well- if kimberwynn thinks this skirt is ugly...then no amount of styling is going to satisfy her, it would seem...
:P

anyway...
my opinion is that the 'right' way to style anything is in the way that is most flattering for oneself...
so that will be different for each person...
and i know my body well enough to know what looks good on me...
and that is why i chose the looks that i did...

you may call it derivative...
but it is completely different from anything that any of those kids chose...
and imo...would look better on pretty much anyone...

:flower:

i love it when bloggers start accusing fashion designers of copying them. :lol:
http://styleangelique.blogspot.hu

this blogger seems to think its a giant conspiracy. :innocent:
http://styleangelique.blogspot.hu

So why did the thread title change? I thought the other title was more appropriate and invited discussion.

^oh thank you, I guess I got confused, my mistake.

oh my,i hope she copyrighted those images!! :lol: gah,the random,delusional,wannabe crap you see on blogs....

thank heavens i never jumped on that whole bandwagon. i only have ever followed a couple blogs and both are run by actual professionals. and those streetstyle blogs the last couple years i've noticed look more and more set up. hardly street style but a virtual advertisement for whatever is featured. used to be they were pretty spontaneous and interesting but it's all become a bit disingenuous these days.

WOW, that is one vain girl! :shock: She actually believes all that?? :lol:

One in every three girls at my school owns a Longchamp bag and after seeing them constantly I am so sick of them, it's like every time someone buys a new bag it's one of those damned Longchamp totes. Those along with Ombré hair, which some people can really pull off, are like the two main trends at my school and I do see it on the street very often. And I cannot for the life of me stand either.

^^:lol:
i'm so with you on that longchamp thing...!

Where I live, EVERY SINGLE GIRL dresses the same when they go on a night out. Black strech mini REALLY MINI skirt, black chunky platforms and something sheer on top of a tiny thing, oh! and a bun.
It's like you're seeing double or 5x because it's no joke, this combo doesn't change much. I wonder if they say anything when they meet with their other 5 friends that are all dress the same way. How can someone's personality be so repressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->