Baggy Clothes On Women

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Do you think it looks hot or not?

I've been figuring out this outfit, but don't know if baggy will make it look out of proportion or not? Figure this: a baggy grey cotton dress that hits below the waist, with a black tank top underneath, with black Converse (the ones that are up to the ankle) shoes and an orange fake croc clutch...

I've never been sure if baggy looked good or not on women?

i think it takes a certain ammount of confidence to wear clothes that aren't stereotypically "sexy"...i do it all the time...but i definitely am aware that it is not the norm...but considering all this boho chic stuff going on these days...i think it's becoming more accepted...check out the sienna miller thread...she's always wearing somehting baggy...as is kate moss...

it's really about the pieces and whether they look good on you and if you feel good wearing them...if you're not comfortable..you won't look good...it will show...

but i wear things like this....so go figure...i never got so many compliments as when i was wearing this dress...

Last edited by a moderator:
and i think this is beautiful... :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
another look i love... :heart:...i don't think you have to let it all hang out in order to look attractive...i always think people will pay more attention to what i say if i cover up more...and since i think i have something to say that is worthwhile..it's important to me that i be heard..not just stared at... :flower:

Attachments

• vbdress.jpg
    vbdress.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 64
Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 27 2004, 07:19 PM
and since i think i have something to say that is worthwhile..it's important to me that i be heard..not just stared at... :flower:

amen!

I complete agreement here. I love wearing looser clothes, it's unexpected and looks much more interesting.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 28 2004, 07:16 AM

but i wear things like this....so go figure...i never got so many compliments as when i was wearing this dress...
[snapback]347448[/snapback]​

:heart: :heart: I like baggy clothes a lot.

Originally posted by prixi@Aug 27 2004, 10:35 PM
:heart: :heart: I like baggy clothes a lot.
[snapback]347604[/snapback]​

Me too.. I think in a way, it's almost sexier because you're confident enough not to bare everything and always go for the skin-tight look.

I think the general rule is baggy top and bottom looks frumpy, whereas the outfit you described, Kimkhuu, or one with something baggy and a bit more variety can look quirky and even sexy.

natural alternative to the 'retro secretary fitted styles' xxlarge tops are very VERY hot right now and they will continue to be.
In general they better match with skinny trousers/jeans
all over baggy style is a bit too much and only for the uber brave,
the new i-D has a beautiful editorial only with baggy looks, worn in the most interesting way, not for the faint hearted or the conservative crowd (hence their beauty)

i like baggy/roomy even though it isnt always flatering, somehow a retro trend towards the begining of the Japanese designers 'invasion'...
if you see the i-D issue, it's like a hommage to the old 80's CDG/Yohji movement

ps. my new fashion project is introducing a tiny line of very special xxl blouses by a very talented guest designer, will be ready for my Paris launch.. and is a unisex thing :heart: just stay tuned

Originally posted by Lena@Aug 28 2004, 02:04 AM
if you see the i-D issue, it's like a hommage to the old 80's CDG/Yohji movement
[snapback]347760[/snapback]​

sounds AMAZING!!! :o ...i have to look for that... :flower:

baggy clothes look marvelous on a slight frame...

I wear baggy/overscale pieces quite a lot. I like a good wide-legged pair of pants with a slim top, or a big, drapey, floofy top with a pair of skinny-leg pants or a straight-cut skirt.

Sometimes it just feels good to wear big loose clothes. In the winter, especially, I am guilty of wearing big wool sweaters over baggy corduroy trousers. It is the portable comfort factor. I feel like I could go into hibernation anyway, so it feels good to snuggle down in enormous, warm clothes!

If you can make it appropriately "messy" or "baggy"... go for it... but there's certainly a time and place.

I love some of the baggy looks on women, but they have to be nicely proportioned...like, I love when a woman wears black trousers in a men's cut, some sort of jodhpur, with a nice fitting shirt and suspenders, with chic pumps, or cigarette pants, with a nice white button down shirt, very manly, and a very thin black leather tie :heart:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Aug 28 2004, 10:28 AM
it feels good to snuggle down in enormous, warm clothes!
[snapback]347975[/snapback]​

I do this in the winter too B)

I love it on those who can pull it off well. I generally stick to wide leg trousers or loose wide-leg jeans, though, I went to a social event last february wearing an oversized black cashmere sweater, sleeves pushed up with a pair of coloured elbow gloves, and a narrow pair of black trousers with pointy shoes, and I got a lot of compliments on it. :heart:
I think an oversized top with skinny trousers can look uber chic and modern. ^_^

I think it's a wonderful look, a very baggy t shirt paired with slim cut pants or jeans is very cool. I think alyering also adds nice touches.

Originally posted by asta@Aug 28 2004, 02:51 AM
baggy clothes look marvelous on a slight frame...
[snapback]347786[/snapback]​

That's what I was going to say. Someone with a trim figure can wear the baggy clothes any which way, and if they have the confidence, it'll look great. I've got a case of the Marilyns (Monroe, not Manson,) so I need to stick to structured clothing that accents angles and lines and curves. If I put on something baggy, I resemble nothing so much as the infamous Omar The Tent Maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->