Best Editorial Models

Imo, the "best" are those who can step out of their look & be versatile; pose, taking all kinds of risks & being uninhibited; bring a certain magnetic energy their own personality & emote whatever feeling they are trying to project & make it believable.

You are describing Aymeline and Guinevere :lol:
I can't help but love them, partially because they are absolute editorial queens. Their work speaks for itself. I can lecture everyone about why that is but i'm sure everyone who's interested in both models already knows it.

And I do think it's a subjective matter, because from the models you mentioned there are also several I wouldn't consider great editorial talents either.

Snejana Onopka, Sasha Pivovarova, Kate Moss, Du Juan, Vlada Roslyakova, Arizona Muse, Anna Jagodzinska, Gemma Ward, Liu Wen, Daria Stokous, Guinevere van Seenus, Sun Fei Fei, Magdalena Frackwiak

i totally agree with your definition of a great editorial model but i think it's actually a matter of opinions, you just can't say one model is technically better than the other

for instance.. i disagree about Jourdan, her portfolio is quite impressive and diverse.. Meisel, Knight, Sims, Roversi, etc. and she nails it in every look or mood, i really think she has a natural talent at posing and emoting -_-
imo editorials are definitely her stronger aspect since she doesn't really stands out as a runway model

Karlie and Coco can do all the jumping and crazy faces they want but i just don't see any substance there :huh:, i've realized this especially with Karlie who has had a lot of print work lately and all i see is the same expressions and poses again and again.. and Natasha who always looks great in print but she also always does a similar look, is the runway where both girls really shine for me
I don't mean to offend you:flower:. Please don't misunderstand me since all I was saying was even thought I personally LOVE Jourdan, I can step back & objectively say that I wouldn't consider her "the best" at the moment. I just think I would have to see more work from her to put her up there with the best.

I did NOT mean to imply that I thought her portfolio was lacking diversity, or that she hasn't worked with impressive people, or even that I thought she was a bad model:huh: cuz I really do find her to be pretty amazing:crush:

Anyway, it really is a matter of subjectivity cuz I appreciate a girl that can gracefully work her angles, create movements & has a wide range of expression...

72358-800w.jpg

58948-800w.jpg

35317-800w.jpg

44932-800w.jpg

110320-800w.jpg

9826-800w.jpg

35652-800w.jpg

10762-800w.jpg

74232-800w.jpg

Source: models.com

I find it really inspiring & quite dynamic-_-

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to offend you:flower:. Please don't misunderstand me since all I was saying was even thought I personally LOVE Jourdan, I can step back & objectively say that I wouldn't consider her "the best" at the moment. I just think I would have to see more work from her to put her up there with the best.

I did NOT mean to imply that I thought her portfolio was lacking diversity, or that she hasn't worked with impressive people, or even that I thought she was a bad model:huh: cuz I really do find her to be pretty amazing:crush:

there was no offense at all!:wink:, i just responded bc i disagreed with your remark on Jourdan and also bc i am indeed her fan and mentioned her before on this thread but that doesn't mean that i did it only for being my fave, i actually became a fan exactly bc of her print work.. imo there's nothing wrong in people posting their faves if they really think they're great editorial models

MY TOP FIVE:
1- Guinevere Van Seenus
40667174.jpg

2- Querelle Jansen
48018334.jpg

3- Anais Pouliot
27349875.jpg

4- Mariacarla Boscono
98548322.jpg

5- Elise Crombez
85998202.jpg
[vogue.fr, interviewmagazine.com, vogue.it, barriehullegie.com]