Blackspot Sneakers

tott

slightly dizzy
Reaction score
40 dollars, black, cool, manufactured under good working conditions. The shoes will not have a logotype, or rather they will have a white spot where there would normally be one.

What this group wants to do is to challenge the big commercial powers on their own terms by exploiting the shabby image of the big sport shoe manufacturers. Unethical ad campaigns, inhumane working conditions in lowwage countries; you name it.

Work name is Blackspot sneakers atm, first shipment will be in September.

What do you think?

http://www.blackspotsneaker.org/

I like the idea, but the shoe shown on the site is a little.... derivative?

How about some fresh style to go with the fresh attitude?

Liberté
Equalité
Fratenité
No Niké

That's what I say...

I actually quite like the trainer as well...

arent those just... uhum... Converse?!!
i dont quite get what they are trying to say. where is NIKe in all this? :unsure:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 1st, 2004 - 1:17 am
i dont quite get what they are trying to say. where is NIKe in all this? :unsure:
Well, seems like Converse was bought by Nike a while ago. I'm not too sure either, but I like the idea of "fair trade" sneakers.

Originally posted by tott+Mar 1st, 2004 - 1:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Mar 1st, 2004 - 1:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Mar 1st, 2004 - 1:17 am
Well, seems like Converse was bought by Nike a while ago. I'm not too sure either, but I like the idea of "fair trade" sneakers. [/b][/quote]
oh..; right :doh: how could i forget.. i like the idea

I'd wear fair-trade Converses in a heartbeat (assuming they didn't hurt my feet). I have a hard time with trainers as I have very low arches and a bunion on my right foot (ballet takes its toll, doesn't it? Even though I haven't danced seriously for like 12 years, my feet are FUBARed.)

This is for me! I'm an Adbuster from waaaaay back! :wink:

I don't like the shoe in their website... by the way, I don't like Nike stuff too.

This is a great idea, and I'd totally wear it.

More specifically, the Adbusters Media Foundation, the nonprofit that brought the world Buy Nothing Day and TV Turnoff Week, has decided to go into the sneaker manufacturing business. According to Lasn, the plan is to market a "Black Spot sneaker, a shoe that will resemble the retro-style Converse but with one crucial difference. In place of the ubiquitous Nike swoosh, the Adbusters shoe will display a prominent anti-logo "black spot," the magazine's anti-corporate trademark.

Originally posted by brian@Mar 1st, 2004 - 8:57 am
In place of the ubiquitous Nike swoosh, the Adbusters shoe will display a prominent anti-logo "black spot," the magazine's anti-corporate trademark.
Isn't an "anti-logo" just another logo? :doh:

Originally posted by HBoogie@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 5:35 am
Isn't an "anti-logo" just another logo? :doh:
But of course... Hopefully one which will represent a higher moral/ethical ground.

A converse doesn't need a logo to be a converse. The brand recognition is much MUCH stronger than the "no logo logo". I think the concept is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->