Central Saint Martins (CSM), London

i might think about going to csm...im not sure about it though :ermm:

i recomend applying i love everything about the school i cant imagine going anywhere else!

^ i would love to go when im older...its my dream...im not sure which course i would do yet...im hoping to explore over the next few days :P

any recommendations VICTIM ?:woot:

erm well i'm doing the BA hons in fashion (womens) and i plan to to the MA after (i'm working on getting on the right side of louise wilson lol) they're like the main 2 fashion courses, they say its like one of the hardest courses to get on in the industry but it cant be that hard if i got in :lol: its good because the school has an AMAIZING alumni and great contacts for work experience and its cool because its flexible which means i get to do the fashion thing, model for financial reasons (even though its really fun too) and go out at night.
the school does have a reputation for snotty students and harsh tutors but if you cant hack it now you'll never be able to hack it in industry.

if you wanna know anything else just ask or pm me or something:flower:

Anyone know if it's a good school for fine or graphic arts? I love fashion, but do not wish to pursue it in school!

^i'm pretty sure its good for fine art, i think its pretty well known for fine art aswell as fashion but other schools linked to saint martins are well know for that kind of stuff, chelsea and camberwell are better know for that side of things

A silly question I know, but let's say if I want to get into csm to study women's wear, but I have no qualifications in textiles (my father thought of textiles and being a tailor as a menial and lowly way of life and never allowed me to take it) and but I am well read on textile books and know all the technical know-how and I bring along many example/portfolio clothes pieces and I have a GCSE (A) and A-Level (A) in art, would they let me in?

^you dont have the right qualifications to do a fashion course yet; you'll need to do a foundation in art and design or equivalent first:flower:

VICTIM said:
^you dont have the right qualifications to do a fashion course yet; you'll need to do a foundation in art and design or equivalent first:flower:

i just wanted to say congratulations with your new job in the CSM admin office, you're doing great so far

:lol:

i can think of some reasons why people might not like it there....
WW- witch b*tch
DK- bad taste tranny
SF- the devil wears primark (denim)

^hahaha:lol:

what can i say? they pay me well:P

and willie is lovely though i agree with the other 2 statements though sue kisses my *** for some reason

Whats the fashion communication course like? the prospectus is a bit sparse on detail lol

Acid said:
i just wanted to say congratulations with your new job in the CSM admin office, you're doing great so far

:lol:

i can think of some reasons why people might not like it there....
WW- witch b*tch
DK- bad taste tranny
SF- the devil wears primark (denim)

Ok I have no desire to go to St Martins at all but am curious about this post. What/who are WW/DK/SF?

^tutors

the FCP part of the course seems really fun i think sean is trying to transfer to that from menswear

^cool, i think im fashion communication and promotion is what im gonna apply for.

what are the halls of residence and stuff like? questions questions lol

it depends which ones some are nice some are awful and far away (zone 3)

Can you get into the second year of you have a 2 year fashion degree?

speaking of all these degrees and such
is it hard to get in?
i really want to get in...it use to be my 'dream' school until i found out how technical parsons is. but now i seriously want to get in.

im an international student so of course it's gonna be hard..but i can never be quite sure what csm really wants?
people told me just do my thing and try..but 'my thing' is huge..and i feel like im overworking my self just for this school
i dont want to end up overworking and end up saying 'oh..that was easy'...or end up not hardworking enough and gets rejected

how was your portfolio like, victim?
oh..btw guys..i want to major in men's wear..but can i minor in women's or can i only focus on one? (i hope i got my terms right)
gah

no you cant get into second year you have to start over the teaching will be completly different.

they say its really hard to get in i think it was liek 13,000 applied for like 40 spaces last year and if you really wanted to get you would overwork yourself for the school, do your thing no matter what it is if they like it its cool if not try again, antonia beradi applied 4 times before being accepted.

my portfolio is kind of hard to explain, they dont look for something in particular if they see a flair or something, i think tahts what they want. and you can only do one pathway, the womens is the hardest to get into then the print and menswear

VICTIM said:
no you cant get into second year you have to start over the teaching will be completly different.

they say its really hard to get in i think it was liek 13,000 applied for like 40 spaces last year and if you really wanted to get you would overwork yourself for the school, do your thing no matter what it is if they like it its cool if not try again, antonia beradi applied 4 times before being accepted.

my portfolio is kind of hard to explain, they dont look for something in particular if they see a flair or something, i think tahts what they want. and you can only do one pathway, the womens is the hardest to get into then the print and menswear

My colleagues told me about her life at st.martins and what she think about the type that st.martin looking for. It's fun and it's great!~
but I want to know about is there any loan and schlorship for international students, you know st. martin tuition for international students is extremely high(not fair.....:cry: :cry: ).
becoz I really want to go, but I dont think I've got enough money.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->