Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrances : Charlize Theron

i completely agree, Taylor. Charlize + Dior is one of the strongest examples of brand/spokesperson synergy that I can think of.

Her feet are HUGE. Maybe they could have photoshopped the feet a little

I don't like the new pics...she looks like a basic model.

She is an elegant and strong woman. :angel:

Her feet are HUGE. Maybe they could have photoshopped the feet a little
I hope my comment does not come across as body shaming or nothing like that. I think she is the number 1 most gorgeous woman in Hollywood and I know she's super tall and statuesque and she needs the feet to support her body. It's just in the picture they look a bit chunky ..

Can't believe they went from Carmen dipping into a pool full of gold to this overphotoshopped mess.

the newest ad is way too photoshopped and it IS a bit cheesy, i have to admit. even though i do think Charlize is the perfect Dior woman.

my favourite of the J'Adore ads was this one. just gorgeous!

*2luxury.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. The new commercial is really terrible and also very mean spirited towards Galliano. Why bother being so pointedly about rejecting everything Galliano did ("the past...is no place to live" and ripping off her Galliano/Dior pearls), instead of just coming up with a new concept for the fragrance ad?

And ultimately, this commercial can't hold a candle to the Carmen Kass one. That one is truly iconic. Truly genius. This new iteration is garbage.

Whoa the Galliano shade was awesome. :lol: I really like the ad, it sends the message of the new Dior loud and clear. Charlize looks spectacular, this woman is truly a goddess.

I LOVE IT :blush:.......... until she comes out of that hole, that CGI is really cheap! Not crucial to the commercial, that would look much better without those gold mirage buildings!

When you have Versailles as the set of a fragrance ad, what's the purpose of adding CGI to it... :ninja:

I actually think this is awesome. It's very commercial in a cliche way but gosh, Charlize is pure pleasure to watch.

The soundtrack is the hero of the video. That makes me like it more but the message... WOW! could it be more blatant? :lol:

The new commercial is very beautiful, but it's so lifeless. I get that Dior are (still) trying to distance themselves from Galliano, which is fine. But the result seems to be that every drop of personality and excitement are being drained from the brand.

The new commercial is a major downgrade from past J'adore campaigns. It might even be time for a new face of the fragrance even though I'm mad for Charlize Theron. They should have done something just a little different. I hope this doesn't become like Marion Cotillard's Dior ads - overrun, tiresome and underwhelming.

The more I look at it and watch it, I just can't get over how awful the new campaign is. It's so tacky. That CGI is terrible! The print campaign is the cheapest looking thing I've ever seen!

This hi-techy, athletic, futuristic place that Raf is taking Dior is so wrong for the house. It just doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->