Christian Dior S/S 06 Paris

I know this thread has been dead for a while...but I had to post some of the beutiful Dior SS pieces available online :smile:

Short "Corolla" Dress...10465 USD:woot:
BG-0NUB_ap.jpg
BG-0NUB_bp.jpg
BG-0NUB_mp.jpg

"Gallant" Dress...4810 USD
BG-0N9B_ap.jpg
BG-0N9B_mp.jpg

source: bergdorfgoodman.com

i wasnt a fan of the first dress in the show, but it looks really really good there, and wearable

If your skilled enough, could it be easy to make :unsure: ( Im not making one btw :rofl: )

I can't stand that first dress. The second one I LOVE with some flats and a Kelly for daywear and slingbacks and a clutch for evening.

The Nude collection is easily the best collection for Dior since...the Hardcore or D'Trick. It's really well executed and they dont get bored and decide to do tons of logo wear. I think the Nude has lots of great collectors pieces, it'll never go out.

Last edited by a moderator:
JR1 said:
If your skilled enough, could it be easy to make :unsure: ( Im not making one btw :rofl: )
It may not be terribly difficult to make, but it would definitly be time consuming...all of that knotting and draping is hand sewn, which not only takes time, it takes patience (believe me, I've been there and it's a pain in the a$$)

I'm actually quite taken with the yellow ombre dress, I love the draped effect and it looks much better there then it did on the runway with those clunky shoes, grungy hair and denim jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I think ill give it a miss, I can get really stressed by sewing a button on my shirt...

seeing_double said:
Yeah it really is beautiful...and dare I say worth the price

are you joking? this has got to be one of the lousiest dresses for 10k USD that I have seen in ages, but frankly, Dior RTW is often way overpriced for what it actually is. Seems to me as if they put the margins high due to the lavish advertising, set design for fashion shows and front-row seated celebrities.

For comparison, here´s a 5000€ crinolined ballgown from Bruno Pieters that takes 6 weeks of handsewing in their ateliers, all made to fit exactly the proportions of the customer that buys it. I think that´s where you can obviously see where the money goes to, and it´s HALF the price of this draped Dior number.

I don't know...I think I like corolla dress better, it has more details, nicer shape, and more versatility...that Bruno Pieters gown looks kinda stiff and boring...however, I do think 10grand is a little steep for the corolla dress...I'd maybe consider it for like 3 to 4 grand...

Well, of course the Bruno Pieters gown is better, simply because it's not Dior.

Let's just ignore the fact that there is just a bit more technique in the Dior dress then there is in the gown, and the fact that it's all hand draped and sewn, and slightly more creative (it's a pretty gown, but it's nothing exceptionally interesting) It's Dior so it certainly doesn't derserve to be that much money.

The Real Deal

I shall keep the price out of the consideration of this post.

I was at the Dior boutique along Orchard Road today and had a good look at the outfit that Galliano first sent down the runway during the S/S 06.07 show (i.e. the one that Stella Tennant wears in the Dior ad with the gaucho bag). The lace was stunningly done - it was very detailed, and seemed to have been sewn very finely. The nude-coloured fabric turned out to be a little disappointing because it was actually a very solid-looking fabric - I was expecting something a little more translucent, a little more light and flighty (as the Dior ad somewhat suggests). Instead it looked somewhat thick (although it isn't). I would say the cutting and everything looked impeccable (I emphasise "looked" because I didn't scrutinise the seams very closely). In fact, it's admittably an ingenious piece of work (especially the lace design on the front) but the nude fabric was just a little disappointing.

Plus that top was matched with a pair of nude-coloured shorts that used a very rigid fabric. It looked somewhat strange - in fact, I never liked the nude-coloured coats featured in the collection because the soft colour didn't seem to match the fabric very well, so I guess that's why I don't like the shorts as well.

But overall the whole thing looked alright, and yes, quite chic. I suppose I'm just being a little too picky and fussy, hehe.

Spike413 said:
Let's just ignore the fact that there is just a bit more technique in the Dior dress then there is in the gown, and the fact that it's all hand draped and sewn, and slightly more creative (it's a pretty gown, but it's nothing exceptionally interesting) It's Dior so it certainly doesn't derserve to be that much money.

yeah, it's made out of one big piece of fabric, knotted. but i hate the nude/yellow ombré. i still like the nude/pink long version better. :heart:

00400f.jpg

vogue.co.uk

40m.jpg

carine in one of the nude 'work in progress' dresses at the resort 06-07 after party. photo: style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->