Clothing/Footwear You Love But Cannot Wear...

Puffy shoulders

I bought a really nice trench coat from ebay but didn't realise it had fussy/puffy shoulders.... had to give it to a charity shop.

• All black
  • All white
  • Pastels
  • Skinny jeans or tight shirts
  • Oversized things
  • Vertical stripes
  • Sleeveless things
  • Small sunglasses
  • Leather

Things have changed.. :innocent::lol:

• I wear pastels, only with lots of neutrals otherwise I look like I escaped from some kind of cotton candy dreamland.
  • One oversized item can work when everything else is balanced (and the item is well cut..).
  • Vertical stripes are for pants only.
  • Leather works, as long as it isn't black.

The rest is still the same. And some new things:

• black
  • trenchcoats
  • neon
  • heavy/too much jewelry
  • gold

Anything with a defined waistline as I have a long body with a low waist. Manufactured waistlines look more like an empire line on me. I love a lot of fifties style dresses, but sadly can't wear them.

I invested in a classic beige trench a couple of years back, thinking I'd be able to wear it for years to come. Unfortunately, my commute had other ideas. The grime and dirt of the London Underground has not been kind to it, and even a monthly dry-clean won't shift all the marks it's now picked up. I have sadly retired the coat in favour of something a little more hard-wearing. Living in a gritty city has it's drawbacks!

layers! -_- It's so hot where I live, even in the middle of the "winter" that a mere jacket/blazer would be extremely uncofortable to wear at times.

Some types of flats and mocassins because my feet wont fit them hahaha (they're too thin for some shoes)

Corsets, I can't really wear them because I'm really really flat chested, but I still try to find one that I can maybe wear

^ You could have one custom made.

I've thought about that, but I don't know where I could get that done. I still try to find corsets that can sorta fit me, but usually they don't even lace up tightly enough because my body is he model sized, not the ideal for corsets, I can sometimes pull off a padded bustier type corset

^ I'm at work, so I'm not going to Google it! But I suspect a search would turn up some options.

Where are you based squilliam? There's a great place in San Francisco:
http://www.darkgarden.com/

Also, have you thought about wearing a waspy (waist cincher) instead? Much more versatile, you can wear them over blouses, dresses, etc.

I love love corsets...they suit my body type very well, but I never wear them...when would one, actually, in real life? I have a plain black boned bustier with a straight-across bustline that I wear sometimes though.

Corsets, I can't really wear them because I'm really really flat chested, but I still try to find one that I can maybe wear

Now here's a topic I can help you with. :wink: I was once a super skinny plain chested model myself... And a reenactment actress! I was 79-59-89 and I wore a hell of alot of corsets. Is all about the design andbeing custom made, yes. I always advice people like you to buy a 17th century inspired corset. Corsets had various variations since then given the beauty standards of each century. The 17th century corset is curve free, usually has a square neckline and the bones usually end in the high waste line (from that line to the hips is just fabric). Run away from those sweetheart necklines: they only fit nice with at least a B cup. Then you can get a waist corset. Those you can get in 18th and 19th century designs and will get your waist really really tiny. I have three of those and although cute they are a bit painful if you have to wear it all day. I can show you some corset designers if you want. :smile:

Now here's a topic I can help you with. :wink: I was once a super skinny plain chested model myself... And a reenactment actress! I was 79-59-89 and I wore a hell of alot of corsets. Is all about the design andbeing custom made, yes. I always advice people like you to buy a 17th century inspired corset. Corsets had various variations since then given the beauty standards of each century. The 17th century corset is curve free, usually has a square neckline and the bones usually end in the high waste line (from that line to the hips is just fabric). Run away from those sweetheart necklines: they only fit nice with at least a B cup. Then you can get a waist corset. Those you can get in 18th and 19th century designs and will get your waist really really tiny. I have three of those and although cute they are a bit painful if you have to wear it all day. I can show you some corset designers if you want. :smile:

Ooooh! Thanks!
Personally I mostly like bustier type corsets, I like wearing corsets as outerwear(not that I ever have though). If keira knightley can wear a corset, I should be able to...I think

midcalf/knee high boots, they just make my legs look really stumpy. I love how they look in pics from the 60s and 70s but I just can't carry them off in any colour or finish, boo. That's ok, I enjoy seeing them on others!

I would love to wear some high heels in my normal life (not only for special events) but i feel so weird and uncomfortable. Need to find some idea how to deal with it... x)

^how high is high, for you? Start with a heel of a comfortable height (can be low-medium, like 2 inches) for daily wear, and practice walking in the high ones while you're at home until you're comfortable with your gait in them. There's really no other way past it other than to wear them and take steps, and that's probably easier on an even floor in the safety of your home than on a treacherous street or staircase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coconotloco
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->