Coping with escalating designer prices

I've just started completely re-vamping my wardrobe, so at the moment (and as a university student with a very small income) I'll be sticking to e-bay and the sales racks for my designer fix.

im sorry, but I just need to rant. I was bored this afternoon, walked into dolce gabbana and picked up a white shirt, it was made out of thin silk, almost seethrough, with a short necktie out of what must be crep de chine. Seriously, no special material, certainly not a special design. Anyway, I looked at the prices. It was 3 THOUSDAN DOLLARS. :ninja: I mean, when you buy designer clothing, it a silent agreement that you know and the celler knows the item cost about 10 times less to make. But 3 thousand for that shirt.... it's like the one fat f...ck you to the costumer. My coping strategy? Walk away... I can't afford it and if I have 3 thousand to spend, I'd spend it on a coat, or a watch, not a piece of crap shirt with threads stickign out. :angry:

^ You know, I haven't seen any "you must think I'm really stupid" pieces like that lately. I've certainly seen a lot of expensive things, but they've used special skins, they've been more boots than shoes, or they've had a lot of special detailing. The strategy seems to be, they know we're cutting back, so they want to get as much $$$ per item from us as they can ...

i only have a part time income because im still in school but i wonder how will i ever afford some of these amazing designer pieces! a couple thousand for one piece seems ridiculous when you compare it to groceries, rent, or whatever. since i cant really afford designer clothes, i buy designer accessories like bags and shoes. with contemporary pieces, i try only to buy unique items. if im getting basics, ill just get them at places like gap and j crew.

And quite possibly more ridiculous now than when you wrote this :innocent:

I'd just go to Sweden... :lol: The Swedish krone is still pretty low compared to the Danish krone. We call it the Swedish zloty :ninja: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisol3
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->