How does a Designer make you feel when wearing their clothes?

not so much getting this feeling by a lot of designers... the examples that come across my mind have been mentioned before... especially dior homme and ysl.

but... i think the greatest impact clothes can have on me is the posture they evoke... like in very narrow pants i tend to move much more attentive... much more tensed - like as if my body would be waiting for a trigger and suddenly my motions would just explode and express so many things... it makes me feel so edgy...
on the other hand... a well tailored pair of trousers gives a feeling of nonchalance and "unearthlyness" to me... feeling as if i was detached from the world... moving in a pure and simple way...

may sound a bit pathetic... but well made clothes make me change my posture and motion. so they change my allure...

Yes, you make a very interesting point ... I remember when Pilati came out with those wide belts at YSL, he made no secret of the fact that he was trying to change women's posture. Me, I found that incredibly arrogant & annoying :lol: When I want him critiquing & molding my posture, I'll let him know :wink:

:D actually you are right... but i don't see it as critique but as... expression. not only the look of a garment, also the feel and the posture it evokes are part of fashion's instruments to express... i like that very much.

^ I could see that you like it, and that's cool ... I suppose if Pilati were molding posture in a way I approved of, it would be different :wink:

As I get older, comfort becomes more important to me, although I was never a big fan of "pain for beauty's sake" (what my mother used to say as she was pushing back my cuticles, plucking my eyebrows, etc.) :rolleyes: By which I do not mean elastic waists and sneakers ... but those 4- and 5-inch wide belts are out of the question as far as I'm concerned. (Even worse, the Dolce & Gabbana metal ones :innocent:) I find that ramrod straight posture unappealing, and I don't want any male designer playing with us like Barbie dolls :sick:

Well, that's how a designer makes me feel when I'm not wearing their clothes :wink: :innocent:

Just thought I'd add that Bottega makes me feel powerful ... I think that's the right word ...

I would think that ANYTHING by Chanel would make you feel elegant and very european

^ Or very logoed :ninja: :lol:

You know, that's interesting, although I wear European designers, I never feel European ...

I feel very feminine in the Marc Jacobs blouse I'm wearing today. I think what I was thinking about Bottega is that it makes me feel armored as well ...

for me, ysl, as if i'm strolling down the champs elysee carrying a baguette

wow, i forgot i replied to this thread and now i kinda laugh at my response from more than a year ago.
erm...come to think of it, i dont feel much different whether im wearing a designer name or a high street piece or a cheap thrift store vintage. i think the name doesnt make much of a difference but it's really the actual piece of clothes it self that does wonders.

Roland Mouret makes me feel sexier (the cut of his dresses make you walk a certain way!).
Boudicca makes me feel serene and intelligent.
Peter Jensen makes me want to clap my hands in a babyish manner.
Lanvin makes me feel empowered and coquettish all at the same time....

MUXU got me reading the beginning of this thread & I noticed this ... doesn't that sound great? :heart:

Certain handbags do this for me. If I have a Lauren Merkin clutch, I feel party girl. If I have my jumbo flap chanel, I feel mature. If I have a MbMJ, I feel more girly..

This is a very interesting thread!!
Whenever I wear something that could be cathegorized in designer wear, I feel comfortable, as I would dress everyday (this is, because those items I bought with an effort because they had something that made them special).
However, that only happens with the ones I bought.

great thread and bump :flower: I love reading through the posts here.

Yohji makes me feel the safest and least inhibited... he gives freedom and protection all at once- or better yet - one in the same.

Burberry makes me feel business, classy and secure. I feel always perfectly dressed (but not adventurous) when wearing Burberry.

I own some Ralph Lauren pieces which always make me feel totally myself. Not fancy, not cool, not desirable but in a good mood and totally comfortable.

I don't own any clothes from Miu Miu but a pair of sunglasses, a pair of earrings and two pumps and they are just fun and make me feel fashionable and stylish and daring. They are good to mix up my serious and simple clothing.

Other than that I don't really own that much clothes from international designers, no Balenciaga, no Lanvin, no Marc Jacobs clothes and I can only dream about Louis Vuitton or Hermes or YSL... I guess I'd feel like a million bugs when I'd wear something from them though :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->