Dark Hair

Originally posted by highheels@Apr 9th, 2004 - 9:41 pm
Well softgray i work at a hair salon and i think being a blonde for some is almost the norm so just like brittany spears and christina they want a break from that. The only thing, it dosen't last for most. As they are paying to leave their having second thoughts, even though they actually look so much better darker they are back in a week to be blonde again.
yeah...i definitely think it's a 'phase'...i don't expect it to last forever...but it's very interesting and different... :flower:

Britney looks 12 with bangs, like she's trying to be her little sister. Something tells me she'll be blonde again with a week. That is a pretty decent picture of Nicky there, her eyes are lovely but if I had her money I'd be seeing a plastic surgeon pronto. I dunno, her personality isn't so great which makes her even less attractive to me.

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 9th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
Britney looks 12 with bangs, like she's trying to be her little sister. Something tells me she'll be blonde again with a week. That is a pretty decent picture of Nicky there, her eyes are lovely but if I had her money I'd be seeing a plastic surgeon pronto. I dunno, her personality isn't so great which makes her even less attractive to me.
IF I HAD HER MONEY...I'D DO CHARITY WORK FULL-TIME.... :shock:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 9th, 2004 - 10:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 9th, 2004 - 10:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Glamourina@Apr 9th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
IF I HAD HER MONEY...I'D DO CHARITY WORK FULL-TIME.... :shock:[/b][/quote]
Yes, certainly that too. But I think you and I both know Ms. Hilton would likely never do anything like that (although I believe Paris does work with various charities). If I were in her position I would though, I do now and I'm just a college student so I'm definitly not rolling in money. I def. agree though, I mean if people with her kind of wealth would do more with it than just buy new Bentleys every year the world would be a lot better off :cry:

I've tried a lot of colors, but I think I still prefer dark hair.
I have natural chestnut color hair, and I love this hair darkening "trend" :wink:

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 9th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
Britney looks 12 with bangs, like she's trying to be her little sister. Something tells me she'll be blonde again with a week.
The last time she dyed her hair blonde it lasted 2 whole days before she went back to blonde. I don't think this time's gonna be much different.

omg! that is so true..this started happening around the time Aguilera dyed her her (NOT that she STARTED it but just the time period) I had blonde hair last summer and then I dunno something hit me and one day I just dyed it dark..and I had impulses of dyeing it bak but then I realized dark hair makes u appear more mysterious, classy, exotic and so much more. I hear many girls dyeing their blonde locks these days..brunette..a new blonde?

dark hair is so much more interesting. it gives you much more room to play around with colours that blondes can't.
i like blonde hair only when it's natural :rolleyes: hate black roots and platinum blonde hair :yuk:

I don't see myself turning dark, it's too much maintenance... I'm light blond, and as you get the slightest hint of roots, it looks like the hair is floating on top of the head.

I used to want to be dark, still do in a way, but I've accepted my natural colouring. Hopefully it suits ME. :P

I really don't like Nicky's hair color. With that tan and the blue eyes it looks super fake. Maybe if it was a richer chestnut color. It looks too flat and black at the top...

I'm naturally a mess of blonde/brown/red but I dye my hair to an almost platinum color. I've done brown and red before and darker blondes but everyone loves the platinum color on me. The trick is that I keep a little bit of my natural color in there, so that my roots aren't so rediculous. I have like 5 or more different shades of blonde in my hair. I've been thinking about going dark again, but everyone has practically forbidden me! Also, dark hair is a hard color to pull off if you don't have salon help. A lot of times darker color hair ends up too flat, thereby completely going against the whole "interesting" aspect so many of you like about celebs going darker.

I'm naturally brown-headed (lovely technical word choice, huh?) and I remember when it was all the rage to be a bubbling blonde. I still think some shades of blonde are pretty. Like this kind of blonde (it matches her skintone and it doesn't look fried:(
110_LL_41544_000.jpg

I don't like the bleached and fried Pamela Anderson blonde, however.

I have always preferred the darker hair color, but I appreciate all types of hair color. Red hair I think is absolutely gorgeous.

I suppose the only problem I now face with the dimmer colors being "in" is that I will be an unwilling part of a trend. However, I refuse to change my hair color just to be different from the trend; I like my hair way too much.

By the way...I just tried out the new "Brilliant Brunette" by John Frieda (sp?) about 2 weeks ago and so far I think my hair is looking good. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, I'm not sure; but I think my hair is really looking much better. (I refuse to color my hair; I'm afraid to look like the frizz-fried girls that waltz around in my high school.) Anybody else tried it and liked the stuff?

I bought a bottle of finishing spray from John Frieda's brunette line. I think it works wondcerfully, it really ads some nice "highlights" to my hair..

i think women are seeing this trend and they're just wondering how it would look on them, so they go for it.. but i think it takes a super pretty face to carry off dark hair successfully AND naturally..

WHAT DO YOU THINK? I just dyed my hair dark brunette just last march, but should i stay dark for PROM or go lighter?

it just depends on what color your dress is, if your going to wear your hair up or down and how you'll look if your going to get a tan.

I have naturally brown/blonde hair and about half way through last year I went brunette. I just really love darker hair and because I live in a 'surfy' kinda area filled with over tanned beachy peroxide blondes it was also a bit of a backlash. :P

Just to add, I'm not really liking the trend! Tooooooooo many people are going dark! I really don't want all the teenyboppers getting in on it. :( :cry:
My hair is similar colour and texture to Daria's in my current avatar. I must say that I'm really liking it atm. :blush: :unsure: I get it done by a hairdresser though - wouldn't trust myself with home colour! :wacko:

I prefer MK now than before, it's better for her to be different than her sister, moreover she is too cute now.

Attachments

• mary_kate.jpg
    mary_kate.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15
pineapple- I'm liking the brilliant brunette stuff too- my hair seems so... better? The straightening serum isn't that great, but the other stuff is

Anyone else feel like you have to be drop dead gorgeous to wear dark hair well? It's easier to be blonde IMO because you stand out more, but to stand out with dark hair you have to be stunning. Maybe that's why so many women bleach their hair to death. Happy Easter all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->