Donna Karan S/S 2012 : Adriana Lima by Russell James

I'm happily surprised by this. Much better than the fall campaign. Adriana looks amazing.

I don't know why so many people are surprised that Russell James photographed this. Some of the photographs he has taken for VS in the past have been quite beautiful. He and Adriana work together really well and she looks stunning in this. She pulls off the moody, somber yet sexy look of the campaign and is proving just how versatile she can be.

Beautiful, love this campaign and inspiration. Adriana looks lovely.

I always love Adriana when she isn't the silly VS bimbo or over-sexualized GQ covergirl, she is sooo stunning when she looks more natural and poised and therefore I really love this campaign. And I also believe it displays the clothes really well. Very nice.

it's beautiful! better than my expectation. I thought it's gonna be an outdoor shot thou

this is where Adriana shines! obviously, she's an incredible sex-pot bombshell VS girl, but when she's not being campy and just lets her superlative beauty shine through, there's no denying that she's spectacular. i think this is some of her best work. she looks unbelievable.

is this the DK mainline campaign? it was my understanding that Adriana was tapped for the specific "Urban Zen" project. and that Liya, Christy and KK were for the mainline. perhaps Donna Karan loved these images so much she just decided to use them instead.

^I think she shot for both Urban Zen and DK mainline. The Urban Zen shots are probably the ones with the tribal T-Shirts. I think the other girls shot for a fragrance like Faith and Tarsha have stated.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think is so special but she looks gorgeous anyway!

Wow I would have preferred Christy, Karolina & Liya but Andriana is totally bringing it here.

Adriana usually deliver swhen she's working in HF and this is not exception. But Christy, Liya & Karolina together is a star-cast of course and I would prefer to see them.

I don't particularly like this campaign and it's not because of Adriana, I think she's the best part of it. Maybe it's because the pictures are too dark and not summery at all.

she looks awesome, i guess shes doing the mainline not urban zen

Gotta hand it to them, they really pulled it out of the bag here.
Very sultry and dark and Adriana has rarely looked better.
A stunning collection, showcased really well and love how in the 2nd pic the print on the skirt almost matches the pattern of the staircase.

Russell is very talented when he's not the in-house photographer for VS and I'm surprised people didn't know that :P. While I never thought Adriana and Donna Karen would come together, it's subtle and works beautifully :smile:.

I couldn't believe when I saw the images that they were shot by Russel James. I can only think of him as the VS catalog guy. I wonder if that was Adriana's influence.

I think Donna can do better all around than this campaign.

^ Russell James has done photography work for Donna Karan before with the Urban Zen initiative and Donna Karan has supported Russell James' Nomad Two Worlds project, so it could be that he suggested casting Adriana.

I'm rather surprised they didn't choose to rebook Isabeli, since her & Adriana have similar looks, but this is still really lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->