European Street Style (posting requires reading guidelines in post #1)

I feel that, in America, it's more about looking pretty rather than looking interesting. like yesterday at the beach I saw hundreds of girls in bejeweled bikinis with those belly necklaces. then there are the few rocker chics withtheir jet-black hair and ripped black t-shirts(but they cam sometime be seen as wearing a "uniform" as well). well, later this one girl came walking up in this blue and green stripped t-shirt dress that was like 3 sizes too big and the back of it was cut-out....and she managed to make something look so cool, that could have just looked strage on anyone else. too me it's a european thing....it might not have been, but I'd bet it was. she looked a little off-beat without "trying" to look different.

Mish.Miami said:
I feel that, in America, it's more about looking pretty rather than looking interesting. like yesterday at the beach I saw hundreds of girls in bejeweled bikinis with those belly necklaces. then there are the few rocker chics withtheir jet-black hair and ripped black t-shirts(but they cam sometime be seen as wearing a "uniform" as well). well, later this one girl came walking up in this blue and green stripped t-shirt dress that was like 3 sizes too big and the back of it was cut-out....and she managed to make something look so cool, that could have just looked strage on anyone else. too me it's a european thing....it might not have been, but I'd bet it was. she looked a little off-beat without "trying" to look different.

what a great realization cuz its soo true! i live in america, in ca where the beach and sunny weather is. a great place where the weather allows you to be funky. but...that people just dont get it. they're all about designer this, this look is in only and you're wierd if you dont follow the rules. it makesme mad but its fun cuz it challenges you to break the rules and get people's attention. they realize that YOU DONT care and that makes you bold. but then, they look at evryone else and are like...oh well i cant do that cuz everyone else wont like it.

I've been following the street style threads for a while now, so I thought it's time I brought my feeble contribution from a city a fellow TFSer rightly called "a fashion Sahara". These are some pics I took today(02.05.2006) in the "Universitate" area, Bucharest, Romania- unfortunately it happened to be a rather cold and tired day (yesterday was a state holiday) so the style pictured isn't really spectacular. I promise next time I'll try and do better.

DSCF2449.JPG

DSCF2450.JPG

I liked this girl's skirt- corduroy panels of different colours, with little rhomboidal shapes with glass inserts- rather hippieish.

The girl with the brown coat had a very cute ruffled shirt and a gorgeous self made bag (suede and hemp)- unfortunately the pic isn't really good.

DSCF2443.JPG

I took this pic because I liked the stripey tights of the girl on the left (brown and yellow) and the way she paired them with a berry coloured corduroy/suede skirt. She looked cool in real life, sorry I'm such a bad photographer :(

DSCF2446.JPG

Thanks for the apreciation guys! I'm trying but it's hard...I get weird stares, somebody tried to steal my camera today, a guy kept harassing me and asking if I was a lesbian because i was trying to photograph a girl (in my stooopid country having a different sexual orientation is wrong for most of the uneducated people) and today, at the theatre, i asked a chick if i could take a pic of her and she very haughtily said No and rolled her eyes. maybe she thought i was making fun of her..inspite of an interesting outfit, she was rather ugly. Well, maybe i'm being too bitter after all this negative experiences. But people here really need their mentality to evolve. i think oana knows what i mean.

again,sorry for my rant but this things really made me angry.

i'm new on this forum, but i'm glad i found it! this thread is hot! thanks for posting the pics too!

From Helsinki:
20060503_01.jpg

20060427_02.jpg

20060427_01.jpg

20060426_01.jpg

20060420_01.jpg

20060404_01.jpg

20060317_01.jpg

20060310_04.jpg

20060211_03.jpg

(all pics hel-looks.com)

These are all so cute :woot: thanks for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->