Fashion Design Colleges /Schools with Journalism programs /courses?

Glamoreux said:
Having a belt of degrees means very little. The question is not what institution did one acquire his/her learning. The question is - Can you write? Can you be critical? Can you construct an objective thought? Can you deliver an understandable message that is relatable? ..and.. What work do you have to show?.

i could not agree more. i think what you can do at this time (pre-college) is try to intern with either fashion magazines or publications, designers etc. you will gain experience and knowledge in your field, which ultimately is what's going to impress future employers.

Good luck:flower:

I'm not sure if NYU is in fact known for journalism however; they do have an undergraduate and postgraduate journalism program. The department of journalism for NYU is under the school's College of Arts and Science.

For Journalism...

Columbia University is TOP school for journalism. I bet my wardrobe, trust fund, stock portfolio that if you graduate from Columbia with a journalism degree you'll get a (related) job in the fashion industry...of choice! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched fashion schools and I got this thread. Ideally, I'd love to design, but fashion journalism will be plan B so this is the perfect thread. Oh my god. School scares the sh*t out of me. I've checked Art Institutes all over the US. I've checked the colleges mentioned on here. I'm irritated.

Columbia, NYU, either or are pretty good and will offer you great networking in print and media. You'll need a strong knowledge of fashion history, aesthetic analytical skills, and a strong base in liberal arts. go for it.

FIT is more of a technical school and doesn't lend itself well to the liberal arts. If you want to be a writer, editor, publisher, etc, you don't want to go to a design school. FIT does have a a great fashion museum though (and a great graduate program for fashion history). A bachelors in language or journalism with a masters in fashion history would set you up nicely.

Glamoreux said:
Bostonians are known for being quite rude and having the attention span of a grapefruit. My closest friend lives there and is dying to leave. With that being said though, it is still a very nice place and you can make you stay a pleasant one.

Well, excuse, but i happen to live there and the ppl are quite friendly

FIT has fashion journalism under the advertising communication and marketing major the only problem is there are no minors or double majors at Fit So it would have to be one or the other . It would be great if you could do both but as far as I know that is not possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->