"I GOT IN!" ... Announce acceptance of your Fashion School Appications here.

Congrats everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm so happy for you, it's just incredible when your dreams come true :heart:

I got into LIM and Pace U, going for FIT EOP interview next Wednesday

Wooo! Found out I've been accepted into Parsons The New School (Foundations Year Fall '10) earlier today!
I'm so ecstatic that I've been accepted into both FIT and Parsons! I always thought if this happened I would feel super conflicted about which to choose but I'm actually pretty damn sure I want to go to FIT.

Mainly because 1:
There's such a monumental difference between tuition at both schools. I love that FIT is so well-priced because it's not only totally affordable (obviously) but sends the message that everyone is entitled to a high-quality education regardless of their financial circumstances (which of course means that, with affordability not being a factor, the school is much more competitive due to the large number of eligible applicants and therefor requires a higher entry-level standard of them).

2:
I don't like the idea that for many people, how much money they are able to pay will be the defining factor in whether or not they can go to Parsons. I think talent, commitment and work-ethic should speak more than money in this case. It just doesn't sit right with me. Their intake should be based on who the best students are, not the best customers.
I can't justify paying so much for Parsons when I can get the same standard of education at a much more reasonable price at FIT.

3:
At FIT I get to dive straight into the Fashion Design AAS degree which leads right into the BFA. Whereas at Parsons I would have to do the Foundations year. That means a whole year spent preparing to study fashion design and still paying their incredibly expensive tuition! :shock:

yep... I think I'm resolved. FIT for me.
Although I think I might still plead indecisiveness to my mum 'cause I'd really like to take a trip to NYC next month to check out both schools and their dorms etc.

^congrats gwod. I also don't like Parson's foundation year, it seems like a waste of time
I applied but didn't finish my app. and they sent me someone elses rejection letter.

Congrats GWOD!!!
I just received my acceptance letters from both Parsons and Otis yesterday. :]
Both are fundamentally the same, since, at one point, they were affiliated schools. But I think that I'll staying here in LA to attend Otis, since the cost of tuition would be less for in-state students.

just had to share my elation :]

Hopefully I will be, once again, celebrating with you all. I applied to Parsons Paris for their Fall 2010 program. It's basically the same process of applying to any other college for your first year, so cross your fingers for me! Should be hearing back from them by the end of April! :woot: I'm so nervous. :ninja:

Hopefully I will be, once again, celebrating with you all. I applied to Parsons Paris for their Fall 2010 program. It's basically the same process of applying to any other college for your first year, so cross your fingers for me! Should be hearing back from them by the end of April! :woot: I'm so nervous. :ninja:

aww good luck mchunu i hope you get in!!! :flower:

thanks! It's for their study abroad program...just for a semester in Paris. I will still be a student at my homeschool, but i just want to do a semester abroad! :woot::heart: ^_^

Probably not as exciting as everyone else's news, but I was just accepted to the University of South Florida :flower:

^congrats! :D :heart:

I have been accepted to Parsons Paris as a visiting student for the Fall 2010 semester! :clap: :bounce: :buzz: :clap: :buzz:

going abroad! :heart:

Got Accepted to Pace University, Iona College, and the College of New Rochelle.
so excited!

Wooo! Found out I've been accepted into Parsons The New School (Foundations Year Fall '10) earlier today!
I'm so ecstatic that I've been accepted into both FIT and Parsons! I always thought if this happened I would feel super conflicted about which to choose but I'm actually pretty damn sure I want to go to FIT.

Mainly because 1:
There's such a monumental difference between tuition at both schools. I love that FIT is so well-priced because it's not only totally affordable (obviously) but sends the message that everyone is entitled to a high-quality education regardless of their financial circumstances (which of course means that, with affordability not being a factor, the school is much more competitive due to the large number of eligible applicants and therefor requires a higher entry-level standard of them).

2:
I don't like the idea that for many people, how much money they are able to pay will be the defining factor in whether or not they can go to Parsons. I think talent, commitment and work-ethic should speak more than money in this case. It just doesn't sit right with me. Their intake should be based on who the best students are, not the best customers.
I can't justify paying so much for Parsons when I can get the same standard of education at a much more reasonable price at FIT.

3:
At FIT I get to dive straight into the Fashion Design AAS degree which leads right into the BFA. Whereas at Parsons I would have to do the Foundations year. That means a whole year spent preparing to study fashion design and still paying their incredibly expensive tuition! :shock:

yep... I think I'm resolved. FIT for me.
Although I think I might still plead indecisiveness to my mum 'cause I'd really like to take a trip to NYC next month to check out both schools and their dorms etc.
You made a great choice! See you in FIT! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobAllen4599
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->