Image Consulting Schools/Courses

The_Jones

Reaction score
Im finishing my degree in Fashion Merchandising and now im thinking about getting into Image consulting, my true calling! So im researching schools and all i can find are weekly courses that last up to a month at the most. Is that how they do it in this industry?? A month or so and your off? I dont think I can recieve enough training in that amount of time to open a business.

Does anyone know any schools or know anything about Image Consulting and can give me some insight.

Much appriciated:flower:

Actaually, I think that it's just one of those businesses that you sort of fall into, without specific training.

I've never seen any degrees or programs on how to be a consultant. There are misc. courses at places like the Learning Tree, non-credit night schools or community colleges that would be about just one aspect of "image" consulting.

I've known "image consultants" that just dealt with wardrobe, hair and makeup. Heck ... if you look at it, I'm an image consultant because I do some personal consultations about wardrobe. Then there are many that are more business related ... power wardrobe, ettiquette, speaking skills, networking skills and assertiveness training.

In most cases, the consultants involved were working for some time in one of the related fields and decided to expand it and turn it into their own business. They often team with others to offer a well rounded experience for their clients.

Thanks and i think your right about that. After researching image consulting businesses and the owners, in general they all just went to a one week training and then opened up shop. I just hope clients will trust me without a legit degree in the field.

Im considering a freelance job as a makeover consultant.

I have looked into some of the schools, and Ive decided that with my background as hairstylist and makeup artist (for many years) and being a slave to fashion that I have enough experience.

I am giving my friends makeovers and taking before and after pictures to build a portfolio. Really its going to be about how you market yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->