Fashion Illustration/Sketching/Drawing : Tools, Croquis, Templates & Books

neonsprinkles, you're really helpful. most people wouldn't even bother to answer. just out of curiosity, are u a fashion illustrator?

romeoelliot - no worries :smile: and I'm currently an illustration/motion design major, I do fashion illustration for fun :D

neonsprinkles, your illustrations are great. Took a look at your profile and you're young, you'll have a terrific future ahead of you. I'm starting pretty late, definitely need to catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, i have the figure drawing for fashion design by the pepin press and the illustration for fashion design 12 steps to the fashion figure by gustavo fernandez books. now i would like a book of how to make my figures and clothes not to look so stiff. can anyone recommend me some good books? or a website with some tips. thank you
these are my fashion illustrations. i have started this year to draw fashion and i just took some non credit classes and the most i learned with much practice and alone.
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=530065&d=1275619307

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=530067&d=1275619307

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=530069&d=1275619443

Do you guys clean your illustrations up with photoshop? The papertone and adding details etc?

digital sketch pads

Does anyone here use digital sketch pads? Like the ones used on project runway? What software do they use and what exactly do they help in the process?

I use a wacom Intuos tablet, its a much cheaper alternative to the ones they use on the show which is also by Wacon. It's called a Cintiq and they go for around 2 grand

Good fashion sketching books? Advice needed!

I'm going back to school for design and want to get a head-start on my sketching this summer before the fall term. Can you please recommend some good books with step-by-step tutorials on fashion sketching? I'm looking for something for beginners that I could also use later as my skills grow. If the book includes tutorials on how to construct/present your portfolio, even better!

Much appreciated! :flower:

Merged with existing thread about this topic.

There might be some recommendations already in this thread .. take a scan through it.

Want to buy a tablet for fashion sketching.

I was wondering if anyone uses a tablet for their fashion sketching. What brand/model would you recommend? I'm looking for something that is pressure sensitive by the way.

Moobear .... once again I had to merge your new thread into this existing one about all tools related to fashion illustration, drawing and sketching.

Please do not start a new thread if there is already an existing thread about the topic.That's a requirement at tFS ... one of the Community Rules.

We like to keep everything together in this forum, so that people doing research can find the information easily. And we title them very carefully so members can see exactly what should be posted in the thread and so that threads may be easily located if you search by common keywords.

Hi! I'm going to NYC on July and I'm looking for a place to buy some supplies for university especially markers similar to Kurecolor and nice pencils to paint my illustrations. I have no idea where to find this since in NYC everything seems to be hiding! I'm not sure if I posted this on the right place...

I am new to drawing, started getting hooked just weeks ago. I have done a few sketches, some with just pencil, and some with watercolour and markers. I even made a blog to have somewhere to share my stuff, even if it's not much to show quite yet.

I was wondering, does anyone know any forums/message boards for fashion drawing/illustration? I would love to share my stuff and get some feedback and inspiration.

Hi! I'm going to NYC on July and I'm looking for a place to buy some supplies for university especially markers similar to Kurecolor and nice pencils to paint my illustrations. I have no idea where to find this since in NYC everything seems to be hiding! I'm not sure if I posted this on the right place...

Utrecht Art is on 23rd St., they're affordable, but not as affordable as Pearl Paint on Canal Street.

Potato, I'm getting reacquainted with drawing and painting as I've been slacking. There's a thread on tfs (here) where artists post their work etc. :flower: What made you get into fashion illustration if you don't mind my asking and are you looking to pursue it professionally?

Utrecht Art is on 23rd St., they're affordable, but not as affordable as Pearl Paint on Canal Street.

Potato, I'm getting reacquainted with drawing and painting as I've been slacking. There's a thread on tfs (here) where artists post their work etc. :flower: What made you get into fashion illustration if you don't mind my asking and are you looking to pursue it professionally?

Oh, thank you! I was looking for something like that on here, but clearly failed, so thanks!

Well, I've been saying for years that I wish I could draw etc (just like I always say I wish I could sing and dance, which I absolutely can't), I was really rubbish at drawing, but then again I never really gave it a go! Then some weeks ago I stumbled (or re-stumbled) upon fashion illustration, and http://www.paperfashion.net in particular, and my boyfriend encouraged me to give it a go. So I tried, drawing some of the illustrations I liked, and I was positively surprised at what I achieved, even though it was not great. So since then I've been sketching, trying to get better... Not just fashion though, although that's what I prefer, I've also tried other things, people in general. And some I've tried with markers and water colours, as I mentioned, and I love that, but haven't done a lot yet... So I'm not really sure if what I do counts as fashion illustrations... but some day I'll get there :wink:

And no, I'm not looking to persue it professionally, just as a hobby :smile:

For members who illustrate, but it's not fashion ... we have a thread in here where you may share your work: tFS Art Gallery in the Art & Design forum.

Moobear. I saw Wacom has some good tablets and also low budget tablets.

does anyone know which 2d and 3d programms they use in fashion shools? i am searching for a good 2d and 3d program to start practising!

Fashion Illustration Books and others

Adviced Fashion Illustration Books or Tutorials or other Foruns focused only in Fashion Illustation? Can someone advice? I'm mainly focused in Shoe Design Illustration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->