Forbes Highest Paid Models

ultramarine

chaos reigns
Reaction score
From Vogue.co.uk

WHO'S THE RICHEST OF THEM ALL?

GISELE BUNDCHEN is the highest paid supermodel, according to Forbes. Despite numerous attempts to retire from the catwalk, the gorgeous Brazilian made $10 million in the last year, a contract with Victoria's Secret that will make her $30 million over four years and catwalk pulling power of roughly $50,000-a-time - putting her at No.76 in the list of the world's biggest earners. She is closely tailed by actress-model-everything Milla Jovovich, whose lucrative L'Oréal deal helped her earn $10 million last year, at No.77. New mother Heidi Klum, who makes approximately $8 million-a-year, is next - though Forbes experts obviously foresee greater things to come: she is listed at No.83 in pay, but ranks above both Gisele and Milla in power. Most famous for her Victoria's Secret work, the German catwalker poses in ads for Katjes sweets, German retailer Spar and Comma and is preparing to launch her reality show later this year. Carolyn Murphy, the 28-year-old face of Estée Lauder, is the fourth most bankable supermodel, with $5 million-per-year, followed by 30-year-old Tyra Banks, who, with a new single on the way, is said to have a potential daily income of about $35,000 and earnings of $4 million-per-year. (July 27 2004, AM)

the idiots have only included "working supermodels", they've left out the supermodels of yesteryear.
Elle mcpherson is the wealthiest retired supermodel and maybe she's also wealthier then Gisele.
what retards!

I think they do this yearly so there is no point of listing the same old rich supermodels over and over...

Is there any way to see this ranking without buying Forbes??

Maybe Forbes.com??

I'm surprised Tyra isn't higher up on the list. I'm also surprise she's cutting an album. :yuk:

Gisele is in the Guiness as the richest supermodel of all times!!! (62 millions)

Gisele's body is stunning but when she opens her mouth she annoys me to no end. Just spit it out already.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Jul 28 2004, 08:40 PM
Gisele's body is stunning but when she opens her mouth she annoys me to no end. Just spit it out already.
[snapback]317445[/snapback]​

Same for me... Only with Heidi.

Accoridng to Forbes, Gisele's power and earnings were highest in 2002:
http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/53/200...datatype=Person
We could have all guessed that here, considering the fact that she was *everywhere* and getting big bucks for it.
She earnt $10 million this year, compared to 12.3 million last year and 12.5 in 2002. :smile:
Anyway, it's still interesting to know that she is currently the 76th highest paid celeb walking the Earth.

that must just be modelling money -- because i would guess that tyra, being the creator and producer of ANTM would have banked more than 6 million.

happycanadian said:
that must just be modelling money -- because i would guess that tyra, being the creator and producer of ANTM would have banked more than 6 million.

That's just their pay, not their net worth.

the salaries listed is their pay per year, not net worth.

kate ranks higher in power than tyra, even though she makes less. webhits, press clippings and tv/radio factor into the rankings.

surprised that carolyn murphy isn't on this list.

thats dedicated to all those that diss the models that also do some commercial work

i'm surprised kate made so little. i mean, she had TEN campaigns for s/s 05! but then again she doesn't pad her bra for victoria's secret like the others.

And yet, they all still make way less than, say professional male althletes in the US. I'd say, maybe with the exception of Tyra, their so called power in entertainment is very limited. I'm surprsied Kate hasn't expanded beyond modeling a bit. I'd think if she hosted a tv show talking about fashion, a lot of women would find that interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->