Forbes Highest Paid Models

Gisele Bundchen is top-earning model of 2014

By Lisa Respers France, CNN
updated 11:35 AM EDT, Wed August 20, 2014

140819113442-gisele-bundchen-0819-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen is the top-earning model of 2014, according to Forbes, with a whopping $47 million. Endorsement deals with companies such as Pantene and business ventures like a lingerie line helped her secure the top spot.

Highest-paid models

>
>>

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Bundchen reportedly made $47 million
  • She's topped the list the past 8 years
  • Next highest-earning models made $8 million

(CNN) -- Gisele Bundchen is more than just a pretty face.
According to Forbes, she is the highest-earning model of 2014. The publication estimates her fortune at "$47 million before taxes and fees in the last 12 months." It's the eighth year in a row that Bundchen has topped the list of beautiful women pulling in a pretty penny.
Contracts with companies like H&M and Chanel and gigs like being the face of Pantene hair products helped build an empire for Bundchen, who is married to football player Tom Brady.

Bundchen far outpaced the next highest-earning models, Doutzen Kroes and Adriana Lima, whose earnings were pegged at $8 million each.
The two Kates -- Kate Moss and Kate Upton -- Miranda Kerr and Liu Wen all pulled in $7 million.
Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl Upton is the highest-earning newcomer on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ seriously? I don't think she makes that much she even said that she doesn't, but whatever she's doing is working and she must have some very smart business managers and accountants guiding her

Forbes and CNN usually don't get their facts wrong ... they are major financial information sources which are highly respected, so I tend to believe what they both say.

Also ...did you notice that when this thread was started 10 years ago .... Gisele was named the top earner then? Amazing that one model can rise and stay at the top for soooo long!

^ How do they know how much each model earns though, unless the models are telling them?
Are they just giving an estimate based on what this or that campaign would pay and how many high profile shows they did etc?
I'm sure the number is in the realms of what that model earned but I can't see how it would be absolutely correct.

^ How do they know how much each model earns though, unless the models are telling them?
Are they just giving an estimate based on what this or that campaign would pay and how many high profile shows they did etc?
I'm sure the number is in the realms of what that model earned but I can't see how it would be absolutely correct.

I'm sure agents/managers provide Forbes with these info.
What agency wouldn't like to represent models in Forbes' highest paid lists?

i'm wondering about Barbara Palvin? i can't imagine how Lindsey Wixson makes more than her...

I imagine Lindsey does a LOT of high paying Asian commercial work that we don't see as her look is so popular there.

I'm sure agents/managers provide Forbes with these info.
What agency wouldn't like to represent models in Forbes' highest paid lists?

Yep, true..

Not to say that this list is total rubbish or anything but I'm sure there has to be other girls who would slot in amongst some of those gaps :blink:
What about Natasha with her L'Oreal contract, or Arizona? Karmen Pedaru? She just seems loaded to me :woot:
Frida Gustavsson must be close to triple millions or even Toni Garrn, with all her commercial work she does, surely must be up there around where Jourdan is..

^ Not to mention Bianca Balti with her L'Oreal deal, multi year D&G contract etc..

I think that there are many other models that make millions out there, but every year they (Forbes) decide to put the light only on the super famous (Gisele, Kate etc) and on few new stars..

Agree, the list is pretty much Gisele sitting pretty at #1, then everyone else rounding out the top 10, but really, the list is probably the top 5-6 paid models, with a bunch occupying the same spot because they all made the same 5 million or something.

I don't think the L'Oreal girls make THAT much money, yeah they have a "contract" but there's so many of them (Natasha, Bianca, Isabeli, Lara, Barbara, Laetitia, Doutzen, Mila, Coco, Liya) on top of the high profile celebs they have to pay more like Beyonce, Blake Lively, JLo.

Doutzen is the exception but she also has the big cash cow VS. It seems Estee Lauder pays their fewer models more than L'Oreal does their whole model roster.

I'm surprised Constance Jablonski isn't on the list.

^ I'd like to see how much those beauty contracts actually pay.
Does Constance have any other significantly lucrative things going besides the Estée Lauder contract? Liu made the list but she also has Coach and a heap of campaigns.
What about Arizona? Sure she wouldn't be far behind.

Constance and Arizona's careers exist of high-paying commercial campaigns so that's why it's weird that they are not on the list yet Joan and Lindsey are.

Constance is a bit like Valentina isn't she. They generate the majority of their income from 1 sole benefactor whereas the other girls gets employed by a host of clients.

I wonder how the Forbes list compares to the Models.com list. If agencies submit their models' financial performance to Forbes, is it being scrutinized, or do they just go with what the agency says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->