Game of Thrones

Empress Merel

Reaction score
Show on HBO with Sean Bean, set in the middle-ages. :brows:

Game of Thrones is an American medieval fantasy television series created for HBO by David Benioff and Dan Weiss. The series is based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of seven fantasy novels; HBO's overall series' title is derived from the first novel. The series debuted in the U. S. on Sunday evening, April 17, 2011 and was picked up for a second season forty-eight hours after its premiere.
wikipedia

view of King's landing , capital of the seven kingdoms

HBO.com

Is it good? I've heard so much buzz about it, but I haven't really seen any reviews.

Also, what is it about??

^ It just started but from what I know its a power struggle between various families to seek the throne to rule. Some were exiled but want to return while others are thrown into the mix.

I am hooked after watching the first episode. I haven't read the books though I really want to now. The acting is great and the general atmosphere and essentially the different environments shown are spectacular.

The guy who plays Viserys does such an amazing job to bring out the cunning and ruthless attitude of the character, and you definitely feel for his sister with all that he is making her go through.

The entire cast is so unique and everyone contributes an element.

Its probably the hair but I get an Andrej Pejic vibe from Viserys.

Promotional Posters (UHQ)

credit: celebritycity.com
(click thumbnail once and wait for window to open. once the window is open, click photo for full-size picture)

If you do not have high speed internet, the pictures may take a long time to load. They are over 1MB each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plot summary (No spoilers, don't worry)

Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue abound. The primary families are the Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon families. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard Stark to serve as his chief advisor. Eddard, suspecting that his predecessor had been murdered, accepts so that he can investigate further. It turns out more than one family is plotting to take the throne. The Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching a plot to take control. Across the sea, the last surviving members of the previously deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also plotting a return to power. The conflict between these families and others, including the Greyjoys, the Tullys, the Arryns, and the Tyrells, leads to war. Meanwhile, in the north, an ancient evil awakens. Amidst war and the political confusion, a brotherhood of misfits, The Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and the horrors beyond.​

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author).
credit: imdb.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the first 2 episodes and am now hooked on this show! I can't wait to see what happens next! :woot:

I´m so hooked! Love the LotR vibe of the show, you have a dwarf, evil spirits, elf like people and Sean Bean lol
I can´t wait to see the throne :smile:

I got about 15 minutes into the first episode, but it scared the sh*t out of me.
I might finish it, but now I'm nervous. lol.

I've also heard that an animal gets killed in one episode, so I don't know if this show is for me.

^I´ve never ever had any problems with torrents. I download all the tv shows that I watch and movies via torrent. I use Vuze as the program and eztv.it and piratebay.org to download the torrents.
Do you have a dvd player that plays .avi? I burn the shows/movies in dvds and then watch them on tv :smile:

Yeah, I have that. But maybe I'll wait until it spreads to other countries. I suspect after the summer. Thanks anyway. :smile:

I got about 15 minutes into the first episode, but it scared the sh*t out of me.
I might finish it, but now I'm nervous. lol.

I've also heard that an animal gets killed in one episode, so I don't know if this show is for me.
The beginning of the first episode was the creepiest part that has been on tv so far. I didn't find the rest of it scary at all. But I imagine in upcoming episodes they will be showing things similar to the beginning of the first episode.

Yes, an animal is killed in episode 2, but they don't show it. You just know that it happened.

I´ve got three episodes dowloaded. I´m watching them wednesday or thursday and I´ll be able to join the debate..

i just watched the three episodes this weekend. wow - what a great series so far! i am not familiar with the books so i had no clue as to what the series was about. i am truly impressed with the strong characters and complex plots. i can't wait for next sunday!

i am also in love with john snow. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->