Gold, Platinum or Silver?

Reaction score
Hey!

If you were to buy new jewelry, which do u think is the best for upcoming winter (and summer '06 even) Is it gold, platinum or silver??
I'm thinking of finally buying some new stuff since my gold necklace is broken, I started wondering if i even want gold anymore...tell me your thoughts whats most fashionable and which metal do u prefer??
Thanks!:smile::flower:

for winter it has to be white gold or platinum- elegant in an 'ice-queen' sorta way...

I always prefer platinum, but I think I'm leading to rustic gold for this winter

Go for platinum or white gold if your willing to spend. Silver is ok too but it tends to tarnish w/o care. Yellow gold dont seem to suit the young and hip.

I will be wearing yellow gold and grey/black pearls this fall, but my all-time favorite precious metal is rose gold.

Silver is my preference. In simple, classic designs. I'm fair skinned/fair haired and I find it suits me better. I'm also "drawn" to it as well, if you know what I mean.

Personally, I've never been a fan of yellow gold. In fact, all the yellow gold pieces I own are heirloom pieces. I prefer the look/quality of platinum. :flower:

I think that your colouring is what matters most. I have red hair and a warm complexion so I always look better in gold. I don't really wear much jewellery anyway. My wedding rings are platinum, but when I put other things on I tend towards gold.

I like white gold/platinum, especially with diamonds. I don't really like yellow gold. Yellow gold suits warm skin tones.

Grey is one of the colours so I think yellow gold is out. White gold is out too unless you can afford real good stuff – some of it looks yellowish, especially when its worn a bit. Then it depends on the sort of grey you’re wearing – but I’d say platinum, which is a much warmer grey somehow.

Ah, I used to wear a lot of silver/platinum, but I think gold will accentuate the key fall trends.
Of course, in the end, it depends on how you wear it, personally i think silver/platium is easier to wear, while gold is more of a style challenge.

platinum or pink gold all the way. yellow gold has lost its charm for the time beeing imo.

well it all depends on skin tone, on darker skin rose gold works best- even platinum can look cheap. white gold/ silver works well on fairer skin- especially when combined with black onyx.

*Thank you!*

Thanks everyone for GREAT advice!!!

So I think I'm gonna go for white gold...or platinum (if i can afford it) I have fair skin & hair myself, so gold has never quite had this fabulous effect on me that it has on some of my friends!

have you tried Niessin- simple, elegent pieces perfect for the winter -

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->